Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock Limited Edition.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Got the tin box one Limited Edition? IS the CE edition on the 360? that comes with an action figure, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Enyeez

there is a regular one, like a normal x360 game, then there is a Limited Edition, which is a tin box, like the one from Dead Rising, and then there is Collectors Edition, which is the tin box + "soundtrack" and a special dvd, and the Big Daddy thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Gay, I wanted other version... Didnt have it on display in Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Enyeez

the CE is GAME exclusive in Europe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Enyeez wrote:

It would seem so, although some people on this thread do claim to have got it elsewhere [/dubious].
    I just went for the standard edition. I couldn't have been bothered paying an extra fiver for a tin. I just wanted the game. Sure, the Big Daddy figuirine would have been nice, but I am currently a little ill so didn't bother making the trip to town. And it was just too tempting when I popped into Smyths last night and they had it out on the shelves ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

evad_lhorg wrote:
    my god the soundtrack cd is crap. the real soundtrack wouldve been great. the music is amazing.

Voila!

Direct-DL-Link.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

WellyJ wrote:
    Did you preorder,

Those absolute ***** in GAME LV sold my fúcking preorder.

Can't believe that,

What the **** is the point of preordering if they are going to do that?

Could have got my friend to get it earlier in town for me but said no, I'll honor my pre order.

So ****ing mad at these bastards.

Any suggestions?

Anywhere I can complain to?

Is it against the law for them to do this?

They did the same to me and I asked them "What the point was in pre-ordering if they were going to just sell it anyway?" but they just gave me the ol' "Thats all that came in" line. Suggested to call other stores - bleh. So just picked it up in HMV for 52e with student discount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Got the tin case for much less than I should have due to the people in my gamestop not paying attention to how much of a deposit I had put on the game. Pity the Big Daddy figure was in Game only, the soundtrack cd is horrific though so I'm glad I didnt go for it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yep... the soundtrack is horific...

It's like Moby spent about 5 minutes on a Sunday afternoon butchering 2 classic songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Yep... the soundtrack is horific...

It's like Moby spent about 5 minutes on a Sunday afternoon butchering 2 classic songs.

My friend was thoroughly disgusted by it, apparently people who really, really love music and Moby do not mix - hardly surprising. The game is amazing though, thats the important thing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was given the regular box...and a tin box that he told me i could put the game in later :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

CE isn't exclusive to GAME, I bought mine in GameStop. Did anyone notice a load of glue on the big daddy's drill?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

oh thats pretty cool but id prefer the 50s and 60s song soundtrack. theyre great :D

My friend was thoroughly disgusted by it, apparently people who really, really love music and Moby do not mix - hardly surprising. The game is amazing though, thats the important thing.
    I've no huge problems with Moby... He's done some nice stuff in the past... but he did a very lazy job here.. really it's about 5 or 10 minutes work.

Stick a dodgy sound filter over the vocals of a classic song and dump a ropey sound mix underneath it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I settled for Bioshock BS edition. Thats Bog Standard Edition. HMV had the tin box version for €55 while Virgin had the ordinary one for €40. I don't think it's worth €15 for a metal box. Didn't see the CE version but I wasn't that bothered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Aaron M

Enyeez wrote:

I doubt that very much seeing as how I picked up the PC Collector's Edition (yes, the one with the Big Daddy figurine) for €40 in Smyth's in Naas last Friday.

As to the person above regarding the glue on the figurine, I haven't noticed any on the drill but I did notice a bit on one of the legs. It also stinks to high heaven (whatever material/paint it's made from) but the figurine is much sturdier than I had imagined it would be - it's pretty kick-ass in fairness !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Aaron M wrote:
    As to the person above regarding the glue on the figurine, I haven't noticed any on the drill but I did notice a bit on one of the legs. It also stinks to high heaven (whatever material/paint it's made from) but the figurine is much sturdier than I had imagined it would be - it's pretty kick-ass in fairness !
    Didn't notice any glue on mine, and it doesn't seem to smell at all either...
    you must have an authentic version with some big daddy pheromones sprayed on it:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Aaron M

tman wrote:
    you must have an authentic version with some big daddy pheromones sprayed on it:p

Haha yeah I guess so! Don't get me wrong, I don't mean you can smell it from a mile away or anything, but if you pick it up you can definetely get an odour off the material/paint from the figurine. It may be something that will go over time though, it's probably been in its box since it was assembled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Strawberries07

Game in tallaght are a joke. My BF preordered the Limited edition twice and when we went to collect it...."We've none left" Isnt the whole point of preordering that your guarenteed a copy!! What a joke. Crap manager.... couldn't organise a cup of tea let alone a bloody game order. We had to settle for the Steel case one.!! DIRT!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Game in tallaght are a joke. My BF preordered the Limited edition twice and when we went to collect it...."We've none left" Isnt the whole point of preordering that your guarenteed a copy!! What a joke. Crap manager.... couldn't organise a cup of tea let alone a bloody game order. We had to settle for the Steel case one.!! DIRT!!!!!!!

Same thing here. I wasn't surprised though to be honest, they're useless and really, really don't give a ****. I've had Halo 3 Legendary Edition preordered with them since the day it was announced and told I was first on the list, but I don't expect to get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

For anyone looking for the PC Collector's eddition, Smyth's in Tallaght have five yesterday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Lord Oz wrote:
    CE isn't exclusive to GAME, I bought mine in GameStop. Did anyone notice a load of glue on the big daddy's drill?

Lol, Gamespot in Navan tried to sell me one with a broken drill as well. They said all it needed was a bit of glue, and that they were gonna send it back if they couldn't sell it. I didnt want the LE anyway, the only thing in it that I wanted was the making of dvd, which I downloaded.

Benzino wrote:
    Lol, Gamespot in Navan tried to sell me one with a broken drill as well. They said all it needed was a bit of glue, and that they were gonna send it back if they couldn't sell it. I didnt want the LE anyway, the only thing in it that I wanted was the making of dvd, which I downloaded.
    If your Big Daddy figure is broken then you will be sent a new figure and the Bioshock artbook in the post as compensation.

Advertisement