Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop Elements

• 14-08-2007 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

Would anyone recommend this - is it too cut down for your average user? I have used the full version of PS before but am not going to pay that kind of money for my own copy so need to look at the lower end of the market - from what i have read it will do the job just fine - just wondering if anyone has had any negatives they can pass on. I bought the sister product for video cameras at the new year and think it is a great product so i was hoping for the same with the photoshop version.

Cheers
    Jaggie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

I think Calina is the person to ask about Elements...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

thanks - do people really pay all that money for a legit copy of PS CS ? Its so easy to get a pirate copy that you would think there would be an incentive to buy the legit version. But 833 euro :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I strongly recommend Elements to be honest with you. The only tool it doesn't have which I'd appreciate is a proper Curves tool (the one supplied in 5.0 is limited). I've no great wish (yet) to get CS3 because there just isn't enough to attract me at this point in time.

A curves filter for Elements has been written - I've used it but to be honest, most of what I would usually get from a curves tool I can get out of levels adjustment which is very decent on Elements. The black and white converter isn't bad either, although occasionally is a little limited.

Thanks Calina thats just what i wanted to hear. cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

Hi Jaggie,

Sorry to butt in, but was just wondering if you were half in the same boat as me, and just looking for a recommendation. I'm looking for basic video editing software - but also looking for something to edit my photos with (have an old version of PS) - did you get adobe premiere elements by chance, and is it any good? And do I take it you're going to use elements for editing photos?

Thanks, and sorry again for thread jumping!

• Advertisement

hi alowe
    yeah i got adobe premiere and have to say i find it very good. Can be a bit slow even with a couple of gigs of ram but as long as it is the only thing running at the time there is no issue (i only have a single P4 processor). I tried a couple (you can download premier for 28 days trial after using it for that time I knew it was as good as it was going to get for that price).

I am going to get elements for editing photos yeah, and i messed up as if you get them both together you can save a few bucks but hey you live n learn. I downloaded the trial of this last night but have yet to give it a go, I'd imagine it is just a cut down version of the full blown PS.

hth
    Jaggie

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

Jaggie,

Thanks a million - just what I needed to hear. I'll download the trial versions, and see how I get on - just good to know at least i'm on the right track with the software.

thanks again,

Advertisement