Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Category C/C1

Options
  • 14-08-2007 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have a provisional C-Rigid licence-job related. I wondered does this licence cover me under the C1 category or do I have to apply for this as well as the C?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Ginger83 wrote:
    Hi, I have a provisional C-Rigid licence-job related. I wondered does this licence cover me under the C1 category or do I have to apply for this as well as the C?
    Yes, your category C provisional licence also covers you for category C1.

(It should be indicated on your licence :confused:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Sorry, I have not seen the licence yet, on its way. I only got to see cert of theory test. Does this mean if I pass a Cat-C driving test I will have a full Cat-C1 too?

Ginger83 wrote:
    Does this mean if I pass a Cat-C driving test I will have a full Cat-C1 too?
    Yes. Good luck in the test!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

Ginger83 wrote:
    Sorry, I have not seen the licence yet, on its way. I only got to see cert of theory test. Does this mean if I pass a Cat-C driving test I will have a full Cat-C1 too?

I passed cat 'C' this week & applied for 'C1' also,but when i got the licence in the post it only had 'C' & 'B' but no C1 ??:confused: .Am i still covered to drive 'C1'??

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Yes, C1 is a sub category of C.

If you're that worried about it. Beat the guy down the Motor Tax office round the head with it and ask for it to be marked.

(In the UK, B1 is a sub category of B, but the DVLA doesn't consistently mark it as they should)

• Advertisement

macplaxton wrote:
    Yes, C1 is a sub category of C.

If you're that worried about it. Beat the guy down the Motor Tax office round the head with it and ask for it to be marked.

(In the UK, B1 is a sub category of B, but the DVLA doesn't consistently mark it as they should)

Many Thanks For That:)

macplaxton wrote:
    If you're that worried about it. Beat the guy down the Motor Tax office round the head with it and ask for it to be marked
    There seems to have been a change of policy recently where they only mark the category passed. The others can be added by visiting your local MTO. There was another thread here recently re M and W categories. They don't seem to add these with a B anymore. I must look into it a bit more.

There seems to have been a change of policy recently where they only mark the category passed. The others can be added by visiting your local MTO. There was another thread here recently re M and W categories. They don't seem to add these with a B anymore. I must look into it a bit more.

I got a letter today from MTO(wex)saying that the GP did'nt tick the C1 box with 'C' when i got my medical,thats why i did not get 'C1' or 'M' included:(

mondeoman wrote:
    I got a letter today from MTO(wex)saying that the GP did'nt tick the C1 box with 'C' when i got my medical,thats why i did not get 'C1' or 'M' included:(
    :eek: That's seems a bit silly. He/she deems you medically fit to drive a 32 tonnes vehicle but not a 4 tonnes one! :rolleyes:

When I was renewing mine last, I made sure to tell the GP to tick all the boxes. ;)

Advertisement