Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know what this is?

Options
  • 14-08-2007 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

I came across this ending on a wire and have no idea what its meant to plug into. Has anyone come across this before and know what it is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Homer

It would help to know what is on the other end... but... it is a 12v cigarette lighter adaptor for charging/powering something in your car?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

industria wrote:
    It would help to know what is on the other end... but... it is a 12v cigarette lighter adaptor for charging/powering something in your car?!

Bang on as far as I can tell !

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

It doesn't help all that much to know what's on the other end. I'm just concerned with the end in the photo. The other end plugs into a camera or something - can't really remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

100% sure its a 12 volt car lighter adapter to power your sat nav or dvd player probably! You wouldn't normally power a camera in your car!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

As above, but maybe it's a car charger for a phone. Not much use if you have no idea what it plugs into!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

As above, plugs into a car 12v outlet (Cigar Lighter), looking at the thickness of the power cables going into it and the ammount of metal in the end, it is for a high power application, not just a camera / phone charger.

Something with a motor, like a car vac. possibly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

What they said

+ post count ;)

Advertisement