Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embed Java Game in Excel

Options
  • 14-08-2007 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, i've found the ultimate way to pass my day in work - it's called BLOXORZ, and it's the best game ever. Unfortunately my web access is limited to boards.ie (strange I know) and rte.ie, so i can't access it from here.

I tried to embed it in an excel file and email it to my work email, and it opens, but it gets as far as the start game menu and then won't go any further. Does anyone know how to get it to work?

My job is so mind numbingly boring, I was actually looking forward to coming in today just to play this to pass the day!

My browser's so useless i can't attach the file to the thread, so there's no way to let you guys see it. If anyone is feeling charitable i could email it to them!!!

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Its not Java, its a Flash game. Off the top of my head you'll need to embed the swf file in an HTML page, along with the associated js file. Go to the game page from you're home machine and look at the source for the webpage. This should contain everything you need to know.

Alternatively you could just do your job :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

sorry, meant to say flash game.

I've nothing to do in work-that's why it's boring. I'm a summer temp, and it's near the end of my run here. It's dead quiet, but any work to be done is being done by the permanent staff.

I downloaded the .swf and embedded it in the excel page and it loads like normal, but then it's like a flash movie or something. Did i select the wrong option in excel?

TBH if you want to get a good reference I would suggest not doing this. Flash games are notorious for spreading virii. If there's nothing for you to do maybe you should leave a little bit early and enjoy the time off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

Ahhh, don't be telling me stuff like that! Ignorance is bliss!

I'm contracted for another couple of weeks-plus the cash would be handy. I'll be off for all of september and a week of october, so i'll have plenty of time off!

I have tetris and golf that were emailed to me embedded in an excel file so i guess they'll have to do.

I'll try again tonight though! hehe!

*sings* I should've know better ...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement