Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

give me hope

Options
  • 14-08-2007 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

does anyone know if hope skewers are suitable for road bikes? i have tried to find this information everywhere including the company website but no joy. also anyone know if tune skewers are any use? they are a bit pricey but look great. nice one./:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Hi Hope do Skewers i got a set when i bought my Zipp wheels they were built on hope hubs. Wiggle do them here is the link http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=5300005114 hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭avalanche

hi,thanks for the info. i might have just made a big f**k up though as i ended up by the skewers on ebay only to realise they may not fit my bike. stupid i know. is it possible to cut the skewers down if they dont fit? otherwise ive just wasted a good wad of cash.doh! the current skewer lengths i have are 129 front and 169 rear ( measured along the axle )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

The front skewer will definitely be fine - road and mtb bikes both have 100mm front spacing. On the rear road is 130mm and mtb is 135mm. It's not the length of the skewer which is the concern - it's whether there are enough threads for the narrower axle. You can cut off any excess length if it's bothering you but it's not required.

Since you've already bought them I'm sure they'll be perfect :).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

If you are looking for weight weenie stuff like Hope and Tune, I always like the control tech skewers too. Fit in nicely on a carbon bike. I think Chainreactioncycles.com have them.

Advertisement