Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squad available for Everton Game

Options
  • 14-08-2007 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Provisional Tottenham Hotspur squad: Robinson, Cerny, Chimbonda, Stalteri, Rocha, Gardner, Kaboul, Dawson, Jenas, Zokora, Murphy, Boateng, Ghaly, Malbranque, Taarabt, Tainio, Routledge, Huddlestone, Berbatov, Keane, Defoe, Bent.

Preffered starting line up?

Personally
    Robinson
    Chimbonda Dawson Kaboul Rocha (Lack of options)
    Tainio Zokora Jeanas Malbranque
    Defoe Bent

Think we need to show straight away that Keano and Berbs attempts on Saturday where well below par. We have four quality strikers and need to set the tone of you play poor you get replaced.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Surely he can't keep playin tainio...reckon swap keano for tainio and i'd go along the lines of below assuming dawson is fit.

Robinson
    Chimbonda Dawson Kaboul Rocha
    Keane Zokora Jenas Malbranque
    Berbatov Bent

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Keane on bench hopefully, Routledge to play right wing.

Boateng to come off bench imo, unlikely Taarabt will feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

Personally I rate Tainio higher than Routledge though I don't rate either of them too highly Ghaly an option? (he said sceptically). I'm all in favour of getting Boateng on the pitch to see what he can do (hopefully stick a foot in). Forgot about this new Keane option but I think we need a full proper midfield. Now i'm thinking about it should prob play Steed on right and use tainio on left to stop that Arteta as atleast he will put a foot in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Hey guys lets give ourselves a break! Sunderland is a tough place to play especially the first game of the season not to mention the premiership novelty for their fans and players.

If we had drew 0-0 at home to Reading people would still be bashing BMJ yet Utd fans dont have the daggers out for Ferguson so I suggest we take it as a welcome kick up the backside to players who thought that their selection in the team was a definite and hope that it sets us on a match winning run.

As tonight is our first home game i think Jol will hope MJ will push the boat out. Of all our underperforming midfielders JJ sticks out as the biggest underachiever and boateng should be given a chance to show JJ hes not untouchable. I think Stalteri will be benched as Jol must have fancied his premiership experience against Sunderland even if he is pants!! Taarbat featured in 80% of our pre-season friendlies and although he does over do it a little at times Jol has to introduce him at the lane. I would also like to see Routledge involved as he offers speed, skill and width; three things we were lacking on Saturday! Heres my team:-

Robbo

Chimbonda Kaboul Gardner/ Rocha
    Dawson-if fit
    Keane Zakora Boateng/ Malbranque
    Taarbat
    Defoe Bent

Subs: Czerny, Stalteri/Gardner, Jenas/Routledge, Tainio, Berbatov(Berb wont like this!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Druid

Oh dear, talk about lack of commitment in the midfield, JJ yet again is just not performing,

I cant even think of a word to describe the defence.

Hopefully the hair-dryer is on in the changing room and the second half will actually produce a fraction of our potential. Predicting 4-2 everton. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 The Lilywhite

Well lads that was pathetic, we were rubbish, I think its going to be a long season for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭RAUL DUKE

Although they were decent in the first half it was pretty abysmal stuff in the second.Never once look threatening,some shocking performers again,too many to mention.

Advertisement