Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

imported 360 question

• 14-08-2007 12:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭

I'm going to be in the US toward the end of October and as such was thinking of maybe picking up a hdmi enabled xbox if the new 65nm cores are launched yet.

I figure it'll work out well as i buy most of my games online and play asia is actually quicker than play.com for postage. My one concern would be power requirements. Does anyone have experience with importing a US 360 and know if an EU psu will work with a US unit or is it as simple as switching the cable going into the psu with an irish kettle lead.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Yes an EU power supply will work, I use it on all my consoles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

cheers kensutz. any idea if the US power supply would work with an EU kettle lead?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭cianc1

It won't work, you will fry it. They are set at different voltages. 110 in america, 240v in Ireland.
    Also, the 65nm chips won't be out for a good while, just hdmi enabled 360s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

The power supplies are dual voltage cianc. I use my EU power supplies on my Jap console and not a single problem. As for the kettle lead, it won't work. The power "brick" has a 2 pin kettle lead so I wouldn't even chance it.

Cheers lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

kensutz wrote:
    The power supplies are dual voltage cianc. I use my EU power supplies on my Jap console and not a single problem. As for the kettle lead, it won't work. The power "brick" has a 2 pin kettle lead so I wouldn't even chance it.

ah this statement is a bit wrong.. The power supply is not dual voltage. The output voltage from the power supply is the same for all power supply's. Its the input voltage that varies.

Your Irish power Supply should power the US console no problem (I use my Irish power supply on my Japanese console) but you wont be able to just pop a lead onto the US one as its input voltage is 110v

But if your getting the new HDMI 360 you'll need to double check the label on the PSU that the output is the same as your Irish one as the requirement might have changed slightly but i doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Quick question savemejebus ....... what are you going to do if it dies on you , will you get an international warranty? , no one knows yet if the high failure rate continues with the 65nm , it may well do !

mathias wrote:
    Quick question savemejebus ....... what are you going to do if it dies on you , will you get an international warranty? , no one knows yet if the high failure rate continues with the 65nm , it may well do !

I guess i'll just have to bear the loss, or take it apart, apply proper thermal paste and fix the heatsink myself :). (or send it to my cousin and get them to get it fixed - would probably take less time than the 25 day turnaround here)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

mathias wrote:

AFAIK there is a company in dublin that will repair them ;) I have to send 1 there

Advertisement