Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy best foundation in Dublin

• 14-08-2007 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

looking to change my foundation currently wearing chanel but looking for a change if I could wouldn't mind getting my face all done up:D I'll be looking on Thursday morning so it shouldn't be too busy. Anyone recommend a brand???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Armani Hydra Glow in BTs beside the MAC counter. Light foundation but gives good coverage too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

I like estee lauder myself - I wear a medium one (equalizer) during the day and double wear on a night out! Double wear has the best coverage of any foundation I've tried!

Why don't you go up to the different counters and ask for a sample of the foundation and colour you are thinking of getting- there is no point I think buying a foundation until you have tested it properly because you never know what they look like until you put them on your face. I do it all the time with creams and foundations before I buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Mac.
    Just went there today and got myself some new foundation.
    They done me up with blusher concealer and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

I recommed Stila foundation, it goes on easy, makes my skin look flawless and not shiny or patchy. Lasts for ages too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I use Estee Lauder Double wear... after trying a load of other foundations in the past this one has gotta be my favourite!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Sawa

Miss Fluff wrote:
    Armani Hydra Glow in BTs beside the MAC counter. Light foundation but gives good coverage too.
    +1

I use this and i really like it. People have told me it looks really natural. Get a small sample and try it for a few days to see. Get a few different ones and try a new one each day, maybe take a photo each day. May seem like a lot of hassle, but I reckon it's worth it, getting the right one.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

Clinique is my favourite and they'll do a mini makeover thingy for you....but pout in brown thomas are really good too although their foundation is quite light and you need to use a concealer with it....luckily they'll sell you one of those too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭cherrycool

I'm a Mac girl myself, you can get their stuff in Brown Thomas and BT2, they'll give you a mini makeover aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Malteaser! wrote:
    I use Estee Lauder Double wear... after trying a load of other foundations in the past this one has gotta be my favourite!!

How much is that? I need new foundation that gives very good coverage (covers scars, blemishes)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I've just started to mix my foundations. Had one that was too light and one that was too dark so I use a mix of Bobbi Brown and Estee Lauder with 8 hour cream underneath. Try Bobbi Brown though, they've a lovely natural look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Said it on a few other threads, but Estee Lauder Double Wear is by far my fave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Miss Fluff wrote:

I totally agree. Armani is by far the best. I've tried a few other but keep coming back to it. I find the hydra glow can leave my skin looking a little oily so i use the lighter one, can't remember what it's called! I also use the Armani pressed powder over it which sets it so it lasts all day and takes the shine off my nose. You can't go wrong! I always buy the foundation in the airport as well cos it's about €7 cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

MayMay wrote:
    How much is that? I need new foundation that gives very good coverage (covers scars, blemishes)

Well then double wear is the one for you. Deffo go and get a tester tho because it is hard to match the colour and some can be quite dark...i thinks its €31.50 but it lsts ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭dior1catboy

I love MAC studio fix fluid, its great coverage and lasts for ages, but my best mate uses Estee Lauder Double Wear and it is a great foundation too, I have to agree.....If I wasn't such a MAC whore I'd wear it myself :rolleyes:

MayMay wrote:

Double Wear is THE BEST for coverage. If you want full coverage, then go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I'm actually thinking of changing my foundation as well because I'm absolutely fed up of wearing concealer over the foundation the whole time, drives me mental!

This Double Wear foundation, do you not have to put on any concealer over it? Is it ok for pale skin and won't look really heavy on?

I never put any concealer over, even though I've bad skin. If you put two thin layers on, it covers super well. One layer is fine too, what I normally do, but the second gives a flawless finish.
    There's loads of colours too. Just go in and see if they'll put it on for you, if you like it etc...
    I find a foundation brush puts it on best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Ok cool :D Think I'll go in so some evening this week and buy some. Will let ye know how I get on, thanks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭susanna

Or even just get a sample. I went into BT's and got one the other night, so far so good. Also tried the Mac Mineralize but not too sure about it

Advertisement