Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things don't just happen.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Ahhh Aidan thankyou very much. Now I see, you people don't want people objecting to your views, that is why one of the posters said 'I said when I saw this topic, I would not reply'. No matter what I would have said, none of you would have even had a proper discussion about it. I'm not the problem, in reality I have been pretty outright and pleasent considering the unfair bashing I have recieved.

On the contrary we welcome people who disagree with our views it makes for interesting debate. But from what you've posted so far it's difficult to ascertain just what your views are in the first place. You're not making any sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sapien

Ahhh Aidan thankyou very much. Now I see, you people don't want people objecting to your views, that is why one of the posters said 'I said when I saw this topic, I would not reply'. No matter what I would have said, none of you would have even had a proper discussion about it. I'm not the problem, in reality I have been pretty outright and pleasent considering the unfair bashing I have recieved.
    Yes.

I admit it. I felt fear when I read your first post. Like the floor had been pulled out from under me or the air sucked from my lungs. Suddenly, everything I ever believed, everything I was certain about, seemed fragile and shallow, like a shadow beneath a leafless tree, or patterns of oil on water. I had a brief glimpse of the total folly of my convictions, but it so terrified me that I quickly closed my mind. I became angry. Who, I thought, is estebancambias to make me feel so wretched? What right has he to shatter my world so callously? And my anger fuelled delusion, and I became convinced that what estebancambias wrote was not true, but that he was wrong. He was more than wrong - he was an uneducated, arrogant, hostile adolescent, and his argument was so bafflingly poor that it didn't even deserve my time and attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Greetings estebancambias and welcome to the board (the other, other AA as we call it).
    I have two questions I would like you to answer for me:

1. How can the theory of relativity be used to prove God exists?

2. Who proved evolution was false if not the scientists?

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Ok, I was wrong about the relativity thing, I've been looking it up, and I must have confused it with something else. I'm sure I read something about it last year, but I stand corrected.

Asking such questions, like why do you take the bible seriously is unfair. Some of the questions asked are hard to answer for theologians let alone for a 17 year old kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Asking such questions, like why do you take the bible seriously is unfair. Some of the questions asked are hard to answer for theologians let alone for a 17 year old kid.
    Well fair enough. Its good to know you will admit making mistakes. What you should do is go off for a little while and find some good solid evidence to back up your claims. Then you can come back stronger than ever and we can all have a proper debate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Ok, I was wrong about the relativity thing, I've been looking it up, and I must have confused it with something else. I'm sure I read something about it last year, but I stand corrected.
    Were you thinking of the 2nd law of thermodynamics? An altered version of that is often used as proof of Creationism but is completely wrong.
    If you hadn't posted it we wouldn't ask it, only post what you can back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

But it is your faith after all so you should know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

A 17 year old kid who has proclaimed that evolution has been proven completely false (not by scientists though!), that all text books nonsense, and that all scientists delusional :rolleyes:

At what point exactly did you expect to be taken seriously on this forum?

You are either a) a troll b) and idiot c) stoned and/or drunk

Either way this thread, while humorous, is largely pointless.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Does anyone else feel invisible?:confused:

And yet you claim that text books are worthless, evolution is falsified and that the universe is definitely designed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

{EDIT} Not worth it. Keep the lols flowing please.

• Advertisement

Seriously did I say the theory of evolution was proven wrong? That is dumb. I do have evidence to back up my claim, that the theory of evolution is false.

http://www.biblelife.org/evolution.htm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YLlSySWuoiA

There will always be two sides to the coin, one of these links is pro God, the other is pro theory of evolution.

I asked this question out of pure interest, I am only able to comment on the things I have read, and trust me I have read both pro and anti God. When I'm 30, I will be able to ellaborate further on my beliefs and what (I) know is right.

Look alot of my opinions have come from sites I have read in the past. The design of the universe is a fundamental block in explaing that God created the Earth.

Seriously did I say the theory of evolution was proven wrong? That is dumb. I do have evidence to back up my claim, that the theory of evolution is false.
    First post :confused:
    Just on a final note, every single idea of evolution has been proven wrong.

Seriously did I say the theory of evolution was proven wrong? That is dumb.
    Just on a final note, every single idea of evolution has been proven wrong.

Dumb alright.

The design of the universe is a fundamental block in explaing that God created the Earth.

Are people designed perfectly?

By this
    I just ask you, if you do reply and object(obviously) don't make moronic statements, which attempt to prove me wrong.''

Having read this, it may have come across bad. What I meant was, that please no one make stupid comments like '' Stop talking'' or 'wrong', just for the sake of being difficult.

Look alot of my opinions have come from sites I have read in the past.

*cough*

Well were else do we learn? We develop our opinion from the things we read, see etc, it stands to reason this reading would have influenced me.

the way you put it sounds as if you simple took them right from the site

Yes. We are what God wanted us to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

I am only able to comment on the things I have read, and trust me I have read both pro and anti God.

Maybe you should read some unbiased texts, like a science book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Seriously did I say the theory of evolution was proven wrong?

Yes, yes you did. In fact it was your opening comment

Exactly how stoned are you at this moment :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

Eteban, I think your passion for your faith is to be admired. Indeed as you do, i find the idea of there being no God, ludicrously foolish. What i would say, if its worth anything, is to convert that passion into knowledge, and in turn apply it with wisdom. I am a christian and wholeheartedly agree with you, but it does appear that you need to be aware of how you present your views, for the wolves will certainly rip you apart. Even the most knowledgable theologians among us, have their work cut out amongst the posters here.

Stay passionate, grow your knowledge, Apply it wisely.
    God Bless.

I don't do drugs. By the way how can I answer if humans are perfect with back up? How do I know what God wanted?

How do you explain the pointless tailbone or apendix then?

Yes. We are what God wanted us to be.

Then why are we all different? Why are people born with birth defects? How can we be perfect if none of us are the same?

Please, don't say it's Gods "plan" or something along those lines.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Wicknight wrote:
    Exactly how stoned are you at this moment :rolleyes:
    He certainly seems on something alright.

What are you trying to say?
    You ask if you claimed evolution was false.
    You admit that was dumb (progress?)
    You then ignore that and say you have evidence.

Seriously, you need to read a science book.

Why should I not say God's plan, can you prove it's not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Well were else do we learn? We develop our opinion from the things we read, see etc, it stands to reason this reading would have influenced me.

Thanks for this thread, I needed a laugh.

Websites are not generally known for their reliability.

• Advertisement

Ciaran500 wrote:
    How do you explain the pointless tailbone or apendix then?

Our bodies are still evolving, at one point in our past we needed them, now, not so much, thus the fact they are small.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement