Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things don't just happen.

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Esteban, you really have to ask yourself the question, "why am I a Christian, besides the fact that my parents and teachers told me to be one?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Explain myself? Your objection to my post is purely based on your stubborn beliefs and sense of pride.

Hivemind, why if I was more literate why would I not be making this argument? That is like me saying you're too narrow minded to even contemplate the existence of something else which stretches far beyond your mundaine life. We all have mundaine lifes, so that is not an insult.

Can someone please explain to me how I am trolling? Why is a good old fashioned debate not acceptable? If I came on here, saying ''ateists suck'', u dont no wat ur takin bout?, then I would fully accept the tag as a 'troll''.

Can you people please tell me where you developed your non-belief? If it is from science books, well then your beliefs are about as credible as Santa Claus. Modern biology is simple nonsense, changed by scientists every time their wrong beliefs are unearthed.

You dont get to accuse anyone else here of pride with accepting that you are yourself guilty of it.

You basically said that You were right and others were wrong based solely on your word.. I havent given my position on the area because i want you to look at what and how you are saying.

This is not an attempt at a good old fashioned debate. You dont pull the "I'm right so just accept it" in a proper debate.

Skip the Biology rant. When you are sick will you go see your priest or your doctor?

You are guilty of Pride/ Arrogance. See you in Hell ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I have asked myself, I do not go to mass on regular occassions. Why am I Christian? My parents never told me to be one. I stopped going to mass at 11. I love science books seriously, you would not realise how much stuff I read on the net. I have been reading stuff about evolution for years, and this is no lie. I may come across as misinformed, but I have had an interest in this since a young age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

I have asked myself, I do not go to mass on regular occassions. Why am I Christian? My parents never told me to be one. I stopped going to mass at 11. I love science books seriously, you would not realise how much stuff I read on the net. I have been reading stuff about evolution for years, and this is no lie. I may come across as misinformed, but I have had an interest in this since a young age.

Did they have you baptised?
    Did they Send you to a Christian School?
    Communion/Confession & Confirmation All done yeah?

I'd love to know what exactly you have been reading on evoultion. Tell me are you also a young earth creationist believing strictly in the exact word of the bible? Have you read the bible?

Im not trying to have a dig here. I just want to know what your background is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I'm very open to other views. Look at the amount of times I commente saying that is interesting. I love when people have different opinions, without different opinion we would be like Ireland in the 50's. I'm shocked that people hate when people are so passionate. I have been glued to this debate for a few hours now, it genuinely interests me. Notice I did not insult anyone personally, unless I was antagonised.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Your thoughts just come across as confused and without a logical backing up. The internet is plagued with misinformation and biased sites.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I kind of like the way this thread has mellowed out somewhat, and at least you have acknowledged that you need to do some more reading to get your ideas across and convince anyone. We're not really going to get anywhere in this particular thread, though, I think you know.

Do hang around here and participate. Just have some idea of how you're going to back something up when you say it. In the meantime this thread is closed (and not before time). :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement