Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Belgard Snooker Club closed down!

• 14-08-2007 1:47pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Went up last week for a few frames only to find its been closed for a few weeks now.

A pity, It was very handy on the luas line and the tables were always in good nick.

Anyone know the reasons why? I can only presume it's got something to do with the big redevelopment work due to happen with the belgard, mind you, the club hasnt been all that busy of late either when ever I've been in.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

This is happening all over the city its a shame but unfortunately snooker clubs take up a lot of space and with property prices the way they are people can better utilize the space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Ye, same thing happened me last week, went up for a few games but its closed.

I know the bar is shutting down soon, its a sore point for the Bar staff, so I can only assume the snooker club will be part of this too. AFAIK they are knocking down the complex, and making apartments and a small pub. This is why there is a massive car park out the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 unicorn2

when is the bar closing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Dont know the definite date, getting different dates off different people. Asked a couple of lads behind the bar last week. The only definite thing is they are knocking it down and creating apartments but with a smaller trendier bar beneath. (bit of a sore point for the bar staff, as they will obviously be without a job).

Advertisement