Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C2D temps idle/load

• 14-08-2007 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

loadwy6.png

Can anyone confirm if these temps are accurate or not. In particular the TT ultra 120.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

My C2D E6600 idles between 45 and 50 degrees and probably up in the early sixties under load. That's with a Zalman CNPSomething or other.

No nothing of the TT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

hmm maby but there rig may be on 4ghz at stock v core which doesnt ussaly happen offten :D.

i would say if you :D were to go to 1.4 v core you would get around 55c load or around there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I have a TT 120 Ultra Extreme and it keeps my E6600 50C or below under full load no matter what volts I put thru it. I got to 3.7GHZ at 1.45V when I was just trying to see how far I could go and it was about 48C with 2 Prime 95's going. Wasn't stable enough for more than about 5 mins though.

Today its at 3.2Ghz 1.325V and 38C under full load.

Inqui

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Inquitus wrote:
    I have a TT 120 Ultra Extreme and it keeps my E6600 50C or below under full load no matter what volts I put thru it. I got to 3.7GHZ at 1.45V when I was just trying to see how far I could go and it was about 48C with 2 Prime 95's going. Wasn't stable enough for more than about 5 mins though.

Today its at 3.2Ghz 1.325V and 38C under full load.

Inqui

wow very nice temps bud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Nice, when I bump my E6600 to 3.2 ghz the temps skyrocket. Probably because I have a crappy case and stock cooler!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

In my Home Theater PC, I have a mini-Ninja (not released yet, review sample ;) ), which even fits inside a Shuttle!

I don't have a fan on it, and the temps of the E6600 at 9x333 (3GHz) are 29 idle and 49 full load (wPrime - 2 cores). Vcore is at 1.23V for the 3GHz.

Here are a few pictures of the mini-Ninja inside a 975X Shuttle XPC (which a friend of mine is selling on adverts)

dsc02121sl5.jpg

dsc02122dz8.jpg

Also, I have an X6800 on my main system, watercooled, at 3.6GHz (8x450) with 1.4V. Idling at 39C and full load (Orthos) at 61C.

Not sure if the 2nd results are of any use for you, since you asked for air coolers, but I posted them as a reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

Oh cool the Tuniq is one of the cooliest! Cool:cool:

I know that was the best purchase I ever made. Can't wait to seat it on a C2D!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I have just reveived my TT ultra 120 extreme, and 5 fans to test it on. Ill let you guys know exactally which is the best fan to stick on it. Im betting on the xilence. Anyone wanna make some quick cash :p

The options are

1. scythe s-flex 1600rpm
    2. noctua 1200rpm
    3. Akasa amber 1200rpm
    4. xilence 1400rpm
    5. or a 5000rpm sanyo denki crazy ass fan

dsc06534zw2.jpg

dsc06535iq6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

my e6700(stock) with a pos cooler bought in pc-world (I know I was stuck) idles at 32 and goes to about 47 under load (dunno if a 12 hr session of supreme commander counts as full load)
    dont know if thats any help:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

That fan idea will be good for me anti, I feel the fans I have now in the antec aren't great(not the stock ones, I bought 3 pins ones in pc world :|)

As for the heatsink those temps you posted up match mine except my idle is 29-30 and underload is 48-49

Under orthos its low 50's im going redo the thermal paste tonight a different way and see if it does anything... How did you go about applying it?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

atm i am using the s-flex, the big mad ys-tech fan will not fit, as the TT's mounting yoke wont hold it. But a few cable ties and we'll be in business. Im gonna hook up the other 3 tomorrow. Im having to much fun on my ps3 atm ;D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I use the Scythe s-flex 1600 myself

Advertisement