Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor First with Automatic Device Detecti

• 14-08-2007 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Meteor Ireland is the 1st operator to provide Automatic Device Detection intelligence to our network.

ADD is a project rolled out by Meteor for continued positive customer experience.

When new customers from other operators join Meteor and bring their handsets with them, they simply make one phone call and the Meteor Network automatically ‘Meteorizes’ the customers phone settings.

This means neither the customer nor a Meteor retail staff member have to manually reset settings online or through customer care.

As soon as a customer makes their first Meteor call the Meteor network reads & updates their settings on their phones which allow for web browsing, WAP, MMS & GPRS and Meteor Stuff etc as well as a Meteor welcome screen.

Meteor has extended the ADD service to nearly every handset available on the globe which means customers who buy phones online or on holidays can use them immediately without having to manually reconfigure their settings. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

That is standard on most nokia's now such as the N95 etc or any high end sim free nokia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Network not handset feature
    JohnnieM wrote:
    Meteor has extended the ADD service to nearly every handset available on the globe which means customers who buy phones online or on holidays can use them immediately without having to manually reconfigure their settings. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Yeah I started using a phone which was on Vodafone with Meteor and was automatically updated with MMS & WAP settings.

Fairly handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Could be a bit annoying for people who swap handsets a lot. Should really be an option in the menu like on the newer nokia phones. I certainly don't want setting sent out each time i use a new handset, but would like the option in the phone.

Well in all fairness, switching of handsets is not something the majority of customers do that often. And all you need to do is discard the settings when they're sent to you. No big deal and not something you can hold against Meteor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

To get settings sent to you manually, just sent 'Settings' to 50047.

It's a great feature. Saves me a load of hassle!

chrislad wrote:
    To get settings sent to you manually, just sent 'Settings' to 50047.

It's a great feature. Saves me a load of hassle!
    Why don't networks advertise such things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

ciaranfo wrote:
    Could be a bit annoying for people who swap handsets a lot. Should really be an option in the menu like on the newer nokia phones. I certainly don't want setting sent out each time i use a new handset, but would like the option in the phone.
    Presumably all the networks will do ADD someday.. Then we'll be laughin:D

ciaranfo wrote:
    Why don't networks advertise such things?

It's fairly new, so all the kinks mightn't be ironed out yet. Plus it's an automatic thing for the most part, so the text message isn't really necessary, just handy if for whatever reason ADD doesn't pick up your phone automagically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

I can see it getting a lot of use, considering Meteor's range of handsets are sh1te!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Wow, after two months failing to set up my lovely lovely sim free m600i, this thing worked :)

All hail the techy dudes in meteor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I thought it was all on the sim. When I put my Three sim into my N95 it automatically had all the Three settings. MMS etc immediately worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Same with me and my SE-K800i. Put a vodafone sim in the other day and it sent me the settings straight away.

I thought it was all on the sim. When I put my Three sim into my N95 it automatically had all the Three settings. MMS etc immediately worked.

All the newer Nokia S60 phones have ADD built in. It's a phone feature, not a network feature.

chrislad wrote:
    All the newer Nokia S60 phones have ADD built in. It's a phone feature, not a network feature.

I beg to differ, my Nokia 6230i doesn't have ADD and yet it still setup MMS & WAP correctly

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i presume you got a 6230i network locked and therefore the settings would be on it.

i have never had a sim free phone with the settings on it automatically, the server access settings stuff has to be put into your phone whether by you or the network (or shiny new add)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Service doesnt seem to be working at present. Im having major problems with recieving mms messages on meteor. Sending is fine, just cannot recieve them. I have an htc S710.

Someone tells me Meteor are having problems with loads of customers not being able to download MMS - I'm one of them :(

Anyone work for Meteor know what's up?

cant get a straight answer out of them. i complained again to them today saying its not fair on my friends that are sending me MMS messages that I am not getting and they are being charged for it. They responded in saying i can view those messages on mymeteor website. So i said, they might as well send me an email then, its cheaper!

my mms messages (just recieve only) are still not working!

• Advertisement
Advertisement