Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobility scooter

• 14-08-2007 3:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,747 ✭✭✭✭

I know this isn't exactly the right place to post, but I'm hoping for help in finding a solution, rather than an actual solution.

We're trying to find a home for a mobility scooter. The scooter is in England but I cannot find a forum to ask questions there. Its a Freerider Mayfair, carries up to 18 stone and was in perfect working order up to the time the owner died recently. There is some damage to the front mudguard (piece broken off) but the scooter is fine, though no doubt by now it will need a new battery.

We are not looking to sell it, but don't want it to cost us money either, though if it has to go to the tip that will cost! The market is awash with used mobility scooters, but apparently because of health and safety regulations in the UK it can't be given away through any organisation as it is electrical. It is barely 2 years old and cost £1800 new, though I understand that new they are now only £1200 or so.

If it is to be given away though we would prefer it went directly to someone who needs it rather than someone who is going to make a profit out of it. Really what we want is for a charitable organisation to pick it up, put a new battery in it and pass it on at cost, or free, to someone who needs it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Have you tried contacting the HSE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 EdwinaIRL

If you still have the scooter would you contact http://www.msrc.co.uk It's a Multiple Sclerosis Charity in the UK and many of it's members would use mobility scooters. I have MS myself and that organisation has been a great help to me. I'm sure someone there would make great use of this scooter!!!!

Advertisement