Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Parts Rip off

Options
  • 14-08-2007 3:44pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

:mad:

A rant - By Me

Just to point out the joke which is Irelands rip off.

Have a 02 A4 - Number plate lights are gone and the screws are rung so I cannot get them out.
    NCT in 2 weeks so need to get them replaced.

I posted up way back on an Audi forum about another part and a lad in Audi Shrewsbury responded, said he could get me the part for X amount. I bought it off him.

Then today I rang Audi in Mayo, said I wanted the part, he said grand it will be 100 euro EX Vat. I said ok, I will be back to you.

I then got back onto this lad in UK, he said, no problem, I have the part and since you bought off me before I can give it to you for 23 pounds inc VAT.

So I am now getting from him, the part, the 2 lights, 2 bulbs, the screws and delivered to my door for under 70 euro!!

What a fking joke!!! I have a good mind to ring either Audi Ireland or the likes of Joe Duffy, is it any wonder we are pricing ourselves out of a job!!

Rant over!! Sorry! :o

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I just rang Galway Audi there out of pure curiosity, they are charging 80 euro + VAT for the part, so they are 20 euros cheaper than Mayo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Yep, main dealers take the mickey. GFs mam was told 2 weeks to get a car into Spirit in Sandyford yesterday. Too much money around.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Hmmm - that's odd. Usually main dealers work of identical prices. Even Western Motors in Galway were including discount it still doesn't add up as usually parts depts will only offer 10-15% discount. I can understand that there is a price difference between here and the UK as it's a different market, but prices should be standard throughout Ireland.

Either way \0€80 or \0€100 (+VAT) is nuts money for number plate bulbs & lenses. The UK price seems a lot more reasonable.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

CrossTown - Its the holder for the lights which is the main part I am looking. The lenses are 10 euro each, the bulbs are 2.50 each.

So I would be looking at in Mayo, 146 euro for the whole lot.
    The lad in the UK is doing it for 70 euro delivered! I guess I know where I will be buying my parts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

yop wrote:
    CrossTown - Its the holder for the lights which is the main part I am looking. The lenses are 10 euro each, the bulbs are 2.50 each.

Ahh right - sorry - I took it to mean the lenses - which would have been crazy at that money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Just a couple of things you need to know: www.gsfcarparts.com and www.eurocarparts.co.uk :D

Neither of them have the parts lad. But thanks for the link anyway

Advertisement