Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Door or Replace Glass

Options
  • 14-08-2007 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Have to make a decision on what to do with the back door. Typical double sized back door where one side is the door and the other side glass. They are aluminium frames and double glazed.

The problem is that one of the 4 windows is cracked and the double glazing unit on two of the other 3 are "blown" and filled with condensation. So I have 2 options - replace the entire door or get the double glazing replaced. Anyone got any opinions on either??

Had a glazier round one day to take the window out so we could get couch in (schoolboy error that will never happen again) and he quoted us roughly €1400 for replacement French doors. This seems pretty expensive to me though I have no previous experience in this area so maybe it is quite resonable??

Any ideas or suggestions and any recommendations on companies in the area that I can call/visit would be much appreciated. I live in Sandyford.

Cheers

Advertisement