Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of DJs might play this

Options
  • 14-08-2007 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get some exposure for my music, but it's a bit odd.

http://www.myspace.com/psychoplasm

I guess it's best described as dark, ambient electro rock(though that's on and off). Which I guess would make it Darkwave, but it's lighter than that in some cases. Silly labels, but it's so hard to describe something without them.

It's a little messy but I kind of like it being a little raw. I'll probably touch them up soon enough but I'm interested to see how far I can with them like that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Really like Ghosts in Your Head.

Just listened to them all, nice work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I know John Kelly (The Mystery Train) used to play a lot of varied stuff. Is his show still on? There's also some girl presenter who has a slot for new Irish acts. Sorry I can't be more specific. Check out a radio guide?

Lil Kitten wrote:
    I know John Kelly (The Mystery Train) used to play a lot of varied stuff. Is his show still on? There's also some girl presenter who has a slot for new Irish acts. Sorry I can't be more specific. Check out a radio guide?

Hmm I'd love to know the second one.

I wish the Last Broadcast was still on. Not that they'd play any of my stuff until it was on the radio first anyway, but it was such a great show with lots of good not-so-well known music. Like I remember Del Tha Funkee Homosapien(the "rapper" from the Gorillaz) being on it.

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

Phantom 105.2 have a show on Tuesday evenings called ICON which is all about new Irish music and theres another show on Wed from 8-10pm which plays Goth/Industrial/DarkWave/Ambient/EBM/Electonic-http://www.myspace.com/phantomspiral

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Jenny Huston? 2fm

Rockiemalt wrote:
    Phantom 105.2 have a show on Tuesday evenings called ICON which is all about new Irish music and theres another show on Wed from 8-10pm which plays Goth/Industrial/DarkWave/Ambient/EBM/Electonic-http://www.myspace.com/phantomspiral

That sounds about right, thanks. Considering how little Goth/Industrial/Darkwave/Ambient/EBM/Elecrtonic music there is in Ireland these days, shouldn't be too hard to twist their arms into giving my stuff a play.

Advertisement