Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Milltown D6

Options
  • 14-08-2007 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I moved to milltown over a month ago and have been struggling to get broadband ever since. The phone line is out of action for the moment since the previous tenants left without settling their affairs. I have tried ntl and after two engineers and a network callout they can't seem to make their mind up as to whether or not they can even provide it (broadband.gov.ie tells me they can't). I have tried Irish Broadband wireless and they have come back with a negative result after checking the signal.

I haven't met a neighbour yet who has broadband so I was wondering if anyone on boards from Milltown has any advice on which provider to pursue? This saga is really starting to drag and I am beginning to feel like I have moved into a telecoms black hole.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭tak

Pull yourself together.
    Digiweb wireless Metro is available in Milltown.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Yeah I just moved out of Milltown and the apartment I was in had the Metro service from Digiweb. I found it really good but then again I had nothing to compare it with.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭beyondrapid

i've got eircom and it's fine.
    had ibb and it was pathetic... and what a joke of a company to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭andrea

The reason ntl will be having problems in telling you whether you have bb in the area is probably because you are in one of the areas planned for rebuild that hasn't been upgraded yet.

If you haven't been completely put off the idea of ntl, pm me your address and I'll see what I can find out for you...

Advertisement