Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journey - Dont stop believing. Why?

Options
  • 14-08-2007 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭

Can anyone explaing why this video/song is doing the rounds. I have heard it on the radio a few times recently, it is getting popular on bebo, its popular on you tube. What the hell is the deal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

it rocks! best song ever.

it was in family guy and scrubs, and then the season finale of sopranos. its a class song tho. classic 80's rockin-ness!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

In before lock/move.

Classic song.

"Just a small town girl..."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Journey are making a come back. Yer man on 2fm (can't remember his name) has been trying for months to get them popular again.

Any Way You Want It is a classic, fist-clenching, party-out, keg-swilling 80's song!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yah it's been in a couple of films as well I believe. Great song though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Ray Foley

class song

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Duggy747 wrote:
    Journey are making a come back. Yer man on 2fm (can't remember his name) has been trying for months to get them popular again.

Any Way You Want It is a classic, fist-clenching, party-out, keg-swilling 80's song!
    Another classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

The_B_Man wrote:
    it rocks! best song ever.

it was in family guy and scrubs, and then the season finale of sopranos. its a class song tho. classic 80's rockin-ness!!

Sorry I wasn't saying its a bad thing I just couldn't understand why everyone was picking up on it all of a sudden. I'm guessing the season finale of sopranos had something to do with it, I never watched the sopranos so thats why I missed out on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

i never seen a single episode of sopranos either. i jsut always liked it. scrubs helped tho! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Ray Foley from The Ray Foley show has been trying to get it to no 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Christ, there's a whole host of different forums outside of After Hours, including *SHOCK HORROR* ...

... Music! forums! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

as good as "Don't stop believing" is there is much better journey out there

AIR KEYBOARD!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Christ, there's a whole host of different forums outside of After Hours, including *SHOCK HORROR* ...

... Music! forums! :eek:

Pffft... figment of your (very active) imagination, Karl. Boards.ie and AH = same thing.

Well the mods can obviously move it if they want. I thought it was suitable for here as has become clear it because of tv shows, and radio presenters that its become popular so maybe it should go in the TV forum, or the Broadcasting forum, or the Radio Forum. Nearly every thread in AH could be put in another forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Well the mods can obviously move it if they want. I thought it was suitable for here as has become clear it because of tv shows, and radio presenters that its become popular so maybe it should go in the TV forum, or the Broadcasting forum, or the Radio Forum. Nearly every thread in AH could be put in another forum.

No it really couldn't go in tv. It's a song and the thread is specifically about a song so should go in the music forum.

You know the way we have "Fields of Athenry"
    The americans have "Don't stop believing".
    You always hear it in the bars here and we eeven heard it being sung by the crowd in Yankee stadium when the Yankees were losing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Duggy747 wrote:

I'd say 'yer man on 2fm' had a lot less success than the series finale of the Sopranos. :D

[semi randon]DJ's annoying me. [/semi random]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

It's not 2fm, it is really that poor-mans Chris Moyle's effort on TodayFm thats wheeled out at lunchtime in an effort to make everyone slim down by puking their meals up.

Actually, I think we cant mention him on the Radio forum anymore because he took personal objection to reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Can anyone explaing why this video/song is doing the rounds. I have heard it on the radio a few times recently, it is getting popular on bebo, its popular on you tube. What the hell is the deal.

was wondering the same thing myself recently..
    What episode of scrubs was it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

You always hear it in the bars here and we eeven heard it being sung by the crowd in Yankee stadium when the Yankees were losing.

so you must hear it a lot then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Cos Journey rock \m/

• Advertisement

so you must hear it a lot then :D
    You do hear it a lot.Especially.Not as much as the fields of Athenry in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Because it rocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I think it was the Sopranos too. It went back on the charts at no.5 after the finale aired on RTE. Thats my guess. I wouldn't think it was a coinsidence that a song that was made way back in the 80's made it back in the charts after it was heard in the final scene of the Sopranos for seperate reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

i always had the song at back of my mind as a "cool" song, then i seen the family guy thing where they all sing it in kareoke and everyone loves it, so i realised it was alot more popular and ever since its been in EVERYTHING iv nearly watched, ok slight exaduration there, but its been in Scrubs, Cold Case, Sopranoes finale, the movie monster with charleze theron and some other one i seen on tv lately........i forget what one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

I thought it was a parody thing like The Darkness. Being genuine 80s, I suppose, it is slightly less dispicable.

Yeah its a catchy tune. One of those cultural things which does well with students because so many of them feel that liking it makes them somehow unique and individual.

sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Great song, now to get Whitesnakes Here I Go Again back on the radio \o/ :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Awful song made popular by a woeful Sopranos episode. Ypur right, its everywhere, radio, pubs, nightclubs, jesus would it ever go back to the 80s and leave us alone. Never heard it or Journey before the Sopranos.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mcgrailg

It was in the season finale of Cold Case as well if i remember right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Outer Bongolia

They should have it on A Prayer at Bedtime or An Evening Prayer or whatever the hell they're calling it nowadays

• Advertisement

How the hell did this thread get brought back, I started it three months ago.

Advertisement