Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crisp Question?

• 14-08-2007 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

What type of Crisp person are you?

Which Crisps? 39 votes

Hunky Dorys
    0% 0 votes
    Tayto
    38% 15 votes
    King
    23% 9 votes
    Walkers
    23% 9 votes
    Pringles
    10% 4 votes
    Other (Please Specify)
    5% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

hunky dorys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm a Hunky Dorys man myself. They seem to fit in best with every situation - Quick Snack, In The Pub, Cinema etc. etc. and not to mention the crinkles make the crisps much more enjoyable.

Tayto, King and Pringles are all good as a substitute, but I'm completely against Walkers - they're so full of radioactive ingredients that they make me wanna spew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Depends, Pighead usually eats crisps when he's browsing boards.ie. The crappier the thread is, the spicier the crisps. At the moment Pigheads eating, Walkers Ultra Mega Spicy Spicy Spiciest Crisps Ever +++ Flavour.
    Yum Yum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Save it for the Crisp forum!! :rolleyes:

I dunno, I like Hunky Dorys, Tayto and Walkers (Pringles just make me feel sick after I eat half a tub).

I can't choose:

I love Buffalo Hunky Dorys.
    I love Cheese & Onion Tayto.
    I love Cheese & Onion MAX from Walkers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Pringles have lost their way and gone overboard with the salt. Treble Crunch are tasty I get them regularly shipped to me, Americans don't like their cheese n onion. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

Kettle Yoghurt and Green Onion crisps.... :p

They be sooooo nyom!

http://www.taquitos.net/snacks.php?snack_code=499

Only ever seen them in Tesco in Ireland, but frack they are good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

A package of crip, please.

Kettle Chips, FTW!

Superquinn have them, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved from AH with redirect (So sorry)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It's odd that in nearly every newsagents you can get Tayto, King and Walkers, but a lot of small shops don't stock Hunky Dory's. Anyone know why this is? They're obvioulsy a popular crisp - it's not like they wouldn't sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I know they're not technically crisps but I don't care. I'm gonna come out and vote for Meanies. They are amazing. They probably deserve their own thread, plus a poll to decide whether they are mega-awesome, super-awesome or just atari jaguar awesome.

goddamn I love meanies.

560251.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭weemcd

tayto ftw, patrial to frisps every now and again. Was a fan of classic golden wonder, but theyre not the same anymore

cornbb wrote:
    I know they're not technically crisps but I don't care. I'm gonna come out and vote for Meanies. They are amazing. They probably deserve their own thread, plus a poll to decide whether they are mega-awesome, super-awesome or just atari jaguar awesome.

goddamn I love meanies.

560251.gif

Meanies are good, cheaper version of them would be Banshee Bones. :) I forgot to mention Rancheros by KP (i think).

Hey, if you wanna discuss corn snacks create a corn snacks thread. This here is for crisps...

...Only kidding.
    I was always partial to Hotlips and Skips, but like many other crisps/cornsnacks they lost their flavour long ago. Wheelies are usually still pretty good. Then of course you can never go wrong with Doritos - but that's a completely different ball game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Pfft, Banshee Bones. They're nothing compared to Meanies.

I'd go for Walkers for ready salted, Hunky Dorys for salt and vinegar, King for cheese & onion and then Tayto every now and again when I feel like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

King Cheese and Onion....mmmm.....

Also if we're talking about "corn snacks" Chipsticks are the biz.

King Cheese and Onion....mmmm.....

Also if we're talking about "corn snacks" Chipsticks are the biz.

Mmmm yes Chipsticks, I'd forgotten about those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

weemcd wrote:
    tayto ftw, patrial to frisps every now and again. Was a fan of classic golden wonder, but theyre not the same anymore

can you still get frisps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Ah no boi's you got it all wrong, Philis Phogs Classic Mexican & Extra Spicey baby! Not as hot as a vindaloo or a tindaloo... but, it does the job in the cinema :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

they're corn snacks, not crisps!

Nailz wrote:
    Ah no boi's you got it all wrong, Philis Phogs Classic Mexican & Extra Spicey baby! Not as hot as a vindaloo or a tindaloo... but, it does the job in the cinema :D.

D'ya remember the little Philius Phogs little garlicy things? They were about the size of a euro coin and hard and were really salty and garlicy. Does anyone remember what they were called? Also can you still buy them?

• Advertisement

Meh, they crunch and taste the same depending on what you put on it.

Oh yeah I remember them, was not that big of a fan of 'em. Don't know if they're still sold or what are they called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

it was between Pringles and Hunky Dorey's and I had to go with HD's as Pringles are far to addictive which means you still want more when the tub's finished where as with HD's you are generally satisfied after the packet is finished. Pringles taste better IMO though.

one that is a favourite for me, which wasn't in the poll is Dorito's, especially the hot ones nyum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Snaps

Cremo wrote:
    Snaps

Aren't they the chocalate things from Cadbury's? They would definitely not fall into the crisps category...

Aren't they the chocalate things from Cadbury's? They would definitely not fall into the crisps category...

Nope, they are a pickled onion flavour crisp, in a ring shape. Quite tasty also.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I like Hunky Dorys, King, and tayto.

For corn snacks, it has to be Ghosties or Hot Lips.

Advertisement