Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brakes on Citroen Saxo 98

Options
  • 14-08-2007 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Me brakes are sh***:

Very soft, take a while to stop, and hand brake tends to go after about 3 months.

So, got it down to a mechanic, fitted 4 new pads, 2 new discs,2 new cylinders(1 was leaking), i'd imagine probably new brake fluid too
    and tightened the hand brake. Got a little better, but now that i think about it was probably the fact that the handbrake was like new, that sort of disillusioned me.

Been monitoring it ever since. Brakes got soft again, went to the mechanic, got them bled. Got a little bit better, but methinks it's back to square one again.

For comparison, drove a friend's car, same make only a year younger. Hers definitely are sharper.

So, what else could be wrong with it? the mechanic is a good friend, so can't pester him any more, but need to sort it out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭AlanAhern

Man, i know what you mean when you say they are crap!! i drove my mates one and had to hand it back because i was scared of my life!! what about upgrading the pads and disks?? Maybe the brake systen from a vtr or vts might fit it but be better than stock? There are loads of tuning companies in the Uk that deal with saxos, just do a google.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

there's obviously a fault with the brake system, upgrading discs or pads will not cure this

Advertisement