Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

small problem

Options
  • 14-08-2007 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

hey guys so my matrix buggy is running fine except when i hit the front end off something im not talking about a big crash jus even a small bump it usualy leaves my steering stuck going left or right depending what side i hit. how can i stop this? and any1 else have this problem wit a matrix or any other models

cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

A more powerful steering servo?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Hard to say what exactly the problem s but when it does happen..What do you do to sort it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Is it fitted with a servo saver? Prolly is. (Should be.) Is it adjustable? Maybe needs a tightening...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

A third possible cause to check would be if the splines (teeth) of the servo shaft are worn allowing the servo arm or servo saver to slip and jump teeth when under load.

coolwings wrote:
    A third possible cause to check would be if the splines (teeth) of the servo shaft are worn allowing the servo arm or servo saver to slip and jump teeth when under load.

Thats the one I was getting to..
    I just wanted to know what he was doing to right the issue before suggesting that.
    I see that problem happening quite a lot at our weekly indoor races when drivers bang into the hoses. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

hey guys so my matrix buggy is running fine except when i hit the front end off something im not talking about a big crash jus even a small bump it usualy leaves my steering stuck going left or right depending what side i hit. how can i stop this? and any1 else have this problem wit a matrix or any other models

cheers!
    do you have to straiten the wheels with your hand after they keep to the side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭corpseorourke

ye plug pritty much i know its prob doing more harm than good but the 1st time it happened i fixed it by accident i was trying to see what was stopping the wheels an "pop" it was sorted so i jus pop it back now saves time when im out bashing with no tools other than my glowplug starter thanks for all the posibilitys il start checking them out tomorrow after work.

If you have a spare servo just throw it in and give it a run. See if the same thing happens or not. Process of elimination :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭corpseorourke

ye good plan il look for my spares from an old buggy .... let the prcess begin lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

The Flyer's often talk about metal gears being much better than plastic, in Servos .... is it the same with cars? ..... :confused:

• Advertisement

hobie wrote:
    The Flyer's often talk about metal gears being much better than plastic, in Servos .... is it the same with cars? ..... :confused:

Yes.

hobie wrote:

Yes.

I got 2 MG995 Professional High Speed and Torque Coreless Servos off Ebay for 10p :D

Ebay Link Plus Postage of course :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

vectra wrote:
    Yes.

I got 2 MG995 Professional High Speed and Torque Coreless Servos off Ebay for 10p :D

How much did they charge you for shipping? .....:confused:

hobie wrote:
    How much did they charge you for shipping? .....:confused:

Check the Ebay Link :eek: :D

vectra wrote:
    Yes.

Not quite what they claim them to be, but nevertheless good enough for a steering servo.

T-Maxx wrote:
    Not quite what they claim them to be, but nevertheless good enough for a steering servo.

Whatever about them being ok as a steering servo and they not being quite what they claim to be.. Show me others as good at that price.. :D

Great value for money I agree.

All I'm saying is that the specs are slightly exaggerated.

True.
    Well, Im happy anyway :D

vectra wrote:
    Yes.

I still can't get over the price:eek:

Plug wrote:
    I still can't get over the price:eek:

Nor could I, Thats why I went and bought 2 more..
    Cost me a bit extra for the 2 this time.. :o

99p & postage for THESE TWO..!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

They seem to be up at £5 now and £10 postage. still a deal though:)

vectra wrote:
    Nor could I, Thats why I went and bought 2 more..
    Cost me a bit extra for the 2 this time.. :o

99p & postage for THESE TWO..!! :D
    Would you sell one?, if so PM me please:o

Plug wrote:
    Would you sell one?, if so PM me please:o

All used up between the CRT and the LSP.. Put one on my sons Race car steering as well
    Next time maybe ;)

Cheers, reason I was asking was to put it in the trottle/brake of the t-maxx, brakes are knackered.

Plug wrote:
    Cheers, reason I was asking was to put it in the trottle/brake of the t-maxx, brakes are knackered.

Hmm.
    Dunno if I have some brake parts here belonging to the Tmaxx my son had.
    Will check later ;)

vectra wrote:
    Hmm.
    Dunno if I have some brake parts here belonging to the Tmaxx my son had.
    Will check later ;)
    nice one vectra!

Advertisement