Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old tattoos rising into weals?

Options
  • 14-08-2007 5:16pm
    Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this topic has been covered before. Just wondered if anyone can explain why my tat sometimes rises into weals? Its not painful or itchy, just odd looking. Doesnt happen all the time, and I cant figure what the trigger for it happening is. Is it normal, or something to do with the ink used? Tat is a good few years old.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Hi KtK,

My older ones raise up every now and then; especially in the sun but they always seem to go back to normal. Maybe its reacting with something you're putting on your skin or in your clothes?

If it's really worrying you get the person who did it to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

KtK wrote:
    Sorry if this topic has been covered before. Just wondered if anyone can explain why my tat sometimes rises into weals? Its not painful or itchy, just odd looking. Doesnt happen all the time, and I cant figure what the trigger for it happening is. Is it normal, or something to do with the ink used? Tat is a good few years old.

Hi,

Ive seen similar behaviour from one of my tat's. I assumed it to be heat that caused it. Not really sure. Only happens around the edge.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

It hasnt bothered me, but my brother got a tattoo done with the same guy who did mine, and it happens to that one as well. None of his other tats are affected, all done by other people.

I suppose I want to make sure if I get another, its not going to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Some people can develop reactions to ink over time, red ink seems to be the main one

Advertisement