Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Crysis in Crysis?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭TwentyOneEleven

So what you're saying is, the game isn't hard unless you play on the hard setting?

Dear GOD! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

"As completely novel as it was at first, we found that we could run around the entire map simply killing people by hand, solely by flicking suit modes between speed and strength before the AI could catch up, then dropping behind a rock or tree and selecting armour in order to regain health. This brings us onto an important topic - there is no longer a need to go searching for medical kits (or really even be careful) as the suit regenerates your health instead"

you dont expect a game on medium difficulty to play like this, especially with far cry’s pedigree

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Auvers wrote:
    ...with far cry’s pedigree

And i'm sure they wont disappoint. Its still a few months before its released, and all (or at least most) of that time will be spent tweaking the game. Rest assured it will be hard on the hardest settings.

And besides, your a super soldier...its supposed to be easy to kill people :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

People play games on a medium setting? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Yes because it's widely recognised by developers that the Medium setting is the one around which the game was built. The easy makes things easier and the harder makes things harder, both above and below their original intended levels. As such the game should in theory play best first time around on Medium settings. I'm sure there'll be exceptions to the rule but this seems to be standard enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Auvers wrote:
    I wanted realism.

In that case, playing a game about an alien invasion probably won't be your cup of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Auvers wrote:
    I wanted realism.
    I suggest you turn off your computer and go outside.

When I say realism I don’t mean something like operation flashpoint. I just want something along the lines of Far Cry difficulty not something similar to a dumbed down console equivalent.

I knew the fanboys would be frothing at the mouth with this thread :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

Auvers wrote:

Fight the power and all that.

I'll reserve judgment until the game actually comes out.

It certainly looks very pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I Lol'd

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

cant wait for this :) anyidea what specs are needed to play this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RKubica

Auvers wrote:
    ohh I am getting worried about Crysis after reading two previews, based on what they say it seems the game is quite easy unless you play on hard or the ultra hard difficulty level & I never really liked the idea of the cybersuit, I wanted realism.

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2007/08/13/crysis_hands_on_preview/1

http://www.custompc.co.uk/blogs/jamesgorbold/2007/08/13/crysis-in-crisis/

Even if it's true, Crysis would have an excellent multiplayer, so don't worry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

cant wait for this :) anyidea what specs are needed to play this?

I'd say HAL to run things on minimum spec....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hal?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Auvers wrote:
    When I say realism I don’t mean something like operation flashpoint. I just want something along the lines of Far Cry difficulty not something similar to a dumbed down console equivalent.

Play on a harder difficulty setting then.

gizmo wrote:
    Yes because it's widely recognised by developers that the Medium setting is the one around which the game was built. The easy makes things easier and the harder makes things harder, both above and below their original intended levels. As such the game should in theory play best first time around on Medium settings. I'm sure there'll be exceptions to the rule but this seems to be standard enough.

Giblet read the quote above, my point is I should not have to play at a harder level the medium level should be the default level as in most games.

Kiith wrote:
    Its still a few months before its released

a month actually :P 14/9/07

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Auvers wrote:
    Giblet read the quote above, my point is I should not have to play at a harder level the medium level should be the default level as in most games.

There is a reason it's selectable. You don't have to play the game either...

If you want the game to be hard, select hard. Medium usually means casual people who don't really play that type of game. Easy is for beginners.

It's selectable so therefore not a problem. Why does the default setting have to be the one you must play on? It doesn't make sense.

Who exactly is the medium setting easy for? Someone who plays FPSs? It might be hard for someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Auvers wrote:
    So you are worried about the game because the medium setting is a little bit easy...

Maybe it was just an early level?

Still don't see the fuss over this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭-TK^Creator

wouldn't anyone who works in the games industry probably play enjoy fpses to find most of them fairly easy at first? plus fine tweaks still to come and jsut play on harder if to easy :p

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Personally I handicap myself to increase the challenge, viz:

1. Remove the mouseball;
    2. Re-map up, down, left, right keys to Q, L, T & C respectively; and
    3. Ignite clothing.

The rest of you are pussies.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭-TK^Creator

Maximilian wrote:
    Personally I handicap myself to increase the challenge, viz:

1. Remove the mouseball;
    2. Re-map up, down, left, right keys to Q, L, T & C respectively; and
    3. Ignite clothing.

The rest of you are pussies.

hardcore man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

IMO, i'm looking forward to it being fun. Plus these are only previews of the first few levels, i'm sure the difficulty will ramp up as the game progresses. I like a game that starts out uber easy and allows you to experiment with the environment, have some fun, explore and not worry about getting your head blown off by a sniper 2 miles away. There is so much that is new to this game that there is going to be a learning curve for some people. I hate tutorial maps, so i'd rather the first level be the tutorial map.

Lets reserve any judgementn until the game is released, i'm only going to listen to people who have played the game from start to finish.

Its like baseing your opinion on a movie from someone who says "I watched the first 10 minutes of the movie and it was crap"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I reckon this game will beat Bioshock in all departments, Far Cry was pretty tough, the last level where you had to shoot a couple of chairs from one room into another and under a door to stop it closing was tough

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

MooseJam wrote:
    I reckon this game will beat Bioshock in all departments, Far Cry was pretty tough, the last level where you had to shoot a couple of chairs from one room into another and under a door to stop it closing was tough
    Bit early to be making those judgements considering you haven't even played either of them/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

MooseJam wrote:

I did that bit without the chairs (didn't know you could do that till after I finished the game :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

astrofool wrote:
    I did that bit without the chairs (didn't know you could do that till after I finished the game :))

respect !, no way I could have finished that without all the health/ammo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Auvers wrote:

This is my nomination for "most stupid post ever on boards".

I can pretty much guarantee it won't be beaten.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Auvers wrote:

Arse hard is there for a reason, its as hard as the game gets so therefore the correct level to play it at.

If theres a harder level to be unlocked then thats prefered hardness.

Games are made easier for casual games to play.

kdjac

Advertisement