Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Crysis in Crysis?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Sgtshaft

This is my nomination for "most stupid post ever on boards".

I can pretty much guarantee it won't be beaten.

and this must be runner up :rolleyes:

anyway back on topic

I would say when the game goes gold the AI will be fixed. Also the "invisible walls" he mentioned sounds like a locked preview level. Oh don't know how they consider Crysis motion blur overdone from what I have seen it rocks, cant wait for the final release.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Seems there may be a beta soon... (assuming this is legit)
    http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6843&Itemid=2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

KdjaCL wrote:
    Arse hard is there for a reason, its as hard as the game gets so therefore the correct level to play it at.

If theres a harder level to be unlocked then thats prefered hardness.

Games are made easier for casual games to play.

kdjac

Maybe I'm being a bit dim.
    There's usually 4 levels which boil down to:
    Novice, Easy, Medium, Hard

Most games, I'd expect Medium to be the level an experienced FPS player to start on. If the game is well balanced and playable on Hard, I'll move up to that, but on a lot of games Hard isn't very playable (without breaking your F8 key).

I'd expect the casual/first time gamer to start on Novice or Easy.

If you only have three difficulty levels, Easy is for the novice, Medium should be a decent challenge for an experienced FPSer, and Hard should be Hard.

I have to agree with the original point that you shouldn't be able to waltz through the game on Medium, it should be the default level an experienced player will start on.

Or just scrap them all and go with auto-dynamic difficulty.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd like it similar to Far Cry. I think it was...

Easy
    Medium
    Hard
    Insane
    Realistic

Also, i hope they have the auto-difficulty thing again, which makes it harder/easier depending on how you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

No point playing it on medium as if you beat you wont play it again therefore the hardest level should be the best one as the AI is at its best on hard.

For instance in Far Cry playing on medium and the AI rarely tried to flank you, playing on hard and they did a lot, FEAR is also like this they change their tactics, so if you play on medium your not really playing the game the way it was meant.

Pro Evo is also the same only on 6 stars does the CPU go at you, one other levels it just farts about with the ball,.

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement