Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Armandoooo...Alejandrooooo...Estrrrrrrrada (Spoilers)

• 14-08-2007 6:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

I think it's ridiculous that he's no longer on TV these days. It's bad enough that they stopped him from introducing himself on the mic due to the fact he was getting over but now I understand they have him down training in OVW? What the hell are they thinking?

I felt Estrada had restored credibility to the position of a manager in the WWE and yet he can't get a place on any of the shows. With Umaga looking like he's turning babyface I don't expect him to be placed by his side again but surely they could have found someone else for him to represent? Dare I say it maybe even Great Khali. It would be better than that translator idiot.

Anyone else miss his presence on WWE programming? If he returned I might start watching regularly again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

He may come back and do his intro thing when Umaga's turn (which I think is a mistake) is complete. Estarda is easily a guy with that intro the crowd can get into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

If Umaga is going to get over as a face he's going to need a mouthpiece. He didn't need him as much as a heel because he just beat up people and that got him over well enough. I do enjoy Estrada and I think they should bring him back, along with a few other managers. Instead of hiring good talkers with no in ring ability as wrestlers, use them as managers instead and push the talented workers they already have at their disposal.

I think WWE should look at Larry Sweeney, he's gold in ROH right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Did I see him outside the ring yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Anyone else miss his presence on WWE programming? If he returned I might start watching regularly again.

Now here i am agreeing with MNG! Who'da thunk it?!
    Yes, and i have missed Estraaaaada's presence for quite some time, and i don't think for a minute Umaga would have gotten over as much as he did had it not been for him, and also credit to Flair for putting him over at last years Backlash as well.

Estrada's ring intros pretty much got me watching RAW on a regular basis from last April onwards. And he was a pretty good crowd goer as well.

Hopefully WWE will come to their sense and send him back to RAW. I won't hold my breath though.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

if u payed any attention to ECW this week he is the new ECW GM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

^^^^^SPOILER TAGS FFS!!!!^^^^^
    I think it's great to see him as GM. Hopefully, he'll be a face GM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Minto, what's the point of putting spoilers there?? The mistakes been made. Honestly, I think ECW is a bit small, would've preffered if he got SMackdown or Raw but at least he's on TV. Hopefully he'll give The Miz the push he deserves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Na, it is a good decision I think. It will give ECW direction. WWE is changing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I don't like it. The good thing about ECW in recent weeks was there was no GM, there was just matches and segments, it flowed really well and they managed to pack a lot into the hour. At least it's Estrada though, but I'd definitely prefer him in a managers role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

kentonbomb wrote:
    if u payed any attention to ECW this week bla bla bla

You should be banned for that. You are here long enough to know better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Bubs101 wrote:
    Minto, what's the point of putting spoilers there?? The mistakes been made.

But not everyone has read this thread and the 'mistake' can be fixed by a moderator or even that dickhead who made it in the first place :mad: :mad:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I've been pretty lenient with spoilers so far, but there's been more popping up recently so I'm going to start cracking down on them now. Just keep it in mind when you're posting

I liked Armando, but I understand why they took him away from Umaga and I don't think it was a bad decision. He was taking the focus away from Umaga, with people starting to become more pleased to see Armando than Umaga getting over as a monster. I think Umaga's been better without him anyway

I'd have liked to see him as a manager though, I'm a fan of male managers as there's more they can do than female ones. It doesn't seem like Vince is a fan of them anymore though, but at least with Armando there was a chance he could be used as a manager. So I'm not really too sure about him being the ECW GM. Like Double C said, ECW's been good recently and having a GM will more than likely slow things down. Still though, if Armando isn't going to be used elsewhere and they're set on having an ECW GM, then it might as well be him

Fozzy wrote:

I liked Armando, but I understand why they took him away from Umaga and I don't think it was a bad decision. He was taking the focus away from Umaga, with people starting to become more pleased to see Armando than Umaga getting over as a monster. I think Umaga's been better without him anyway

I'd disagree with that a little bit. He was over as a monster with Estrada in my opinion. Umaga had a program with Cena in late 2006 and early 2007 and Umaga with Estrada were quite the package I thought in terms of complimenting each other. There was a point early on in Umaga's push where Estrada's rhyme was overshadowing him but they got rid of it pretty soon after.

He disappeared when he became a spare wheel in the Vince/Trump angle and Vince was essentially Umaga's manager for the next period. I just think he got lost in the shuffle to a degree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

kentonbomb wrote:
    if u payed any attention to ECW this week he is the new ECW GM

Yeah you're right. I really should have paid attention to that ECW show which hadn't yet aired. Once again you prove yourself a fountain of wisdom. Kudos to you!

I'm pleased to see Estrada on the roster once more and I guess I'll now have to start watching ECW again. :cool:

I'd disagree with that a little bit. He was over as a monster with Estrada in my opinion. Umaga had a program with Cena in late 2006 and early 2007 and Umaga with Estrada were quite the package I thought in terms of complimenting each other. There was a point early on in Umaga's push where Estrada's rhyme was overshadowing him but they got rid of it pretty soon after.

But that was Armando's main appeal. I just think that Umaga has been much better without Armando and that there'd be a better fit for Armando in a different wrestler

Fozzy wrote:
    I've been pretty lenient with spoilers so far, but there's been more popping up recently so I'm going to start cracking down on them now. Just keep it in mind when you're posting

With all due respect Foz, you're being incredibly leniant on personal abuse too, i got lifted out of it for a remark towards kentonbomb a month or so back, now all of a sudden it's the "in trend"?

So he slipped up with spoilers... who hasn't? :P
    VR!

With all due respect Foz, you're being incredibly leniant on personal abuse too, i got lifted out of it for a remark towards kentonbomb a month or so back, now all of a sudden it's the "in trend"?

If you're not happy with something then there's the "report post" button

It wasn't THAT serious, i was just saying, thats all.
    VR!

Mossy Monk wrote:
    You should be banned for that. You are here long enough to know better.
    Ban Me then you little Arseface

You must have some sort of problem with me because everytime i post here its either you whine like a little baby or you think you own this place, just because you are here since 2001 doesn't mean you can't go out and find a girl instead of being stuck on your greasy computer all day

so next time you tell me what to do, you can go **** yourself

Mossy Monk wrote:
    But not everyone has read this thread and the 'mistake' can be fixed by a moderator or even that dickhead who made it in the first place :mad: :mad:.
    heres a hint watch the shows and you won't get spoiled ok

• Advertisement

kentonbomb wrote:
    Ban Me then you little Arseface

You must have some sort of problem with me because everytime i post here its either you whine like a little baby or you think you own this place, just because you are here since 2001 doesn't mean you can't go out and find a girl instead of being stuck on your greasy computer all day

so next time you tell me what to do, you can go **** yourself

Dude, who pissed in your cornflakes this morning? Take a chill pill and relax yeah? It's the internet, it's not your dad asking you to get off his laptop cos curfew is over! :P You posted up a spoiler, and usually you're the first to complain about that sort of thing, but then you go crying like a little b*tch when you have to take it.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

i kinda agree there VR... I got told to watch the personal abuse a while ago for calling somebody an idiot because he called WWE facists. Now it seems that in this thread its fine to insult! Its not a real big deal, but it seems like a bit of a double standard.

Also I was banned a while ago for complaining about a ban on talking about Chris Benoit the day after the murders came out and imo posting spoilers like were in this thread is much worse and should be banable!

I don`t really care enough to report posts or whatever but just when I read through this today it occured to me that it is not particularly fair.

back on topic... I thought that they should have kept estrada with Umaga but I guess he was getting over too much. Once they ddon`t bury him on ECW i`ll be happy!

kentonbomb wrote:
    heres a hint watch the shows and you won't get spoiled ok

Here's a more sensible hint: don't tell people to watch shows that haven't yet aired. ECW had not been on tv when you posted the spoiler. You've been warned before and you should know better than to go off like that. Banned for a week

Fair enough woooo232, comments taken on board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

As ever Fozzy, you are our benevolent leader!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭AirDemon

I don't think WWE could have kept Estrada with Umaga. If they had then Umaga might have worked out as one of their better heels and as we all know, WWE is in the business of ruining what could be great.

If it were me I would have had Umaga take the belt from Cena back at New Years Rev I think it was. I think that would have been a brilliant step towards making a really good rivalry. From what I can see they dumped out one monster for another with Khali. The only problem I have with that is that Umaga/Estrada were actually entertaining.

He actually got over as a credible main eventer. Sure he wasn't your superstar that was going to sell shirts left/right/centre but he was def the guy that you would love to see your main face beat after getting pumbled by him for a while. Now I get thats what they did with Cena but people were sick of Cena at that point and more importantly Umaga hadn't reached that level yet that he could just lose and leave that feud. A win there and if they wanted a feud with Cena to Mania would have been much better than a lacklustre feud with HBK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

AirDemon wrote:
    A win there and if they wanted a feud with Cena to Mania would have been much better than a lacklustre feud with HBK.
    Another cartoon match instead of a somewhat decent one? Not to mention the excellent match Cena and Michaels had on RAW, nor the brilliantly executed build up.

Cena versus Umaga in the WM main event? Puh-leez.

HBK would have had a decent match with anyone, the storyline that came from it left no one in any doubt about who was going to win. Cena losing to HBK at Mania would have been a shock for me.

Umaga isn't bad in the ring for what he is, he plays the monster well imo. If they had built it up as well as they could have then the story they told in the WM Main event could have been really interesting. That being said I hate watching Cena and with HBK as my fav wrestler then I'd have prefered to watch him against someone else even though the matches were good.

Just on Umaga, I think he's a great big man worker. He's had some good bordering on great matches this year that have gone under the radar. They should keep him as a bad guy though I think.

Just on Umaga, I think he's a great big man worker. He's had some good bordering on great matches this year that have gone under the radar. They should keep him as a bad guy though I think.

I thought he was ok, but what really made me take notice I think was a triple-threat match on Raw, Umaga vs Cena vs Khali. That match was so much better than anyone could have expected and ever since then I've thought Umaga's been great

I don't think he should become a face either, but what else can they do right now? When Jeff got suspended, it left Umaga without any challengers for his title, I can't actually come up with any off the top of my head. I don't think turning Kennedy or Carlito face would work right now either. I'd love to see him form a tag team with Jeff when he gets back and turn on him in a few months, I'm sure they could put on some great tag matches together

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote:

I don't think he should become a face either, but what else can they do right now?

I would have just fed him jobbers for a few weeks and wait till Jeff is back 4 weeks later or use the time to build a challenger up (maybe Cody although its still way too early for him I guess. Its not like the triple threat for the IC belt means anything for this ppv.

Turning him face for me is a mistake, Carlito couldn't turn face again because he's not long after turning, Kennedy.... Well I guess he's distracted. Trips/Booker are busy. So I guess that leaves..... JR?

Ah yeah not sure but Jeff should be back soon, but since they are turning him face I don't really know how it's going to work. A face that doesn't talk? No mouth piece with him either? I guess he'll be another Kane and find his voice in the next few weeks. I hope he doesn't though, selling out all the work done on a character just because it's easier.

For me they could have just stuck him with someone who wasn't ready for the title but needed the push, don't let him win the belt but give him some time in the spotlight to get a bit of experience. Benjamin maybe? Sure he's a heel, great in the ring but lacks a load of depth to his character, a short run with Umaga might have helped him. Doesn't seem like that would have happened anyway with him with Haas now.

AirDemon wrote:
    A face that doesn't talk? No mouth piece with him either? I guess he'll be another Kane and find his voice in the next few weeks. I hope he doesn't though, selling out all the work done on a character just because it's easier.

George "The Animal" Steele? I can't remember how long Captain Lou was his manager for though

What I was saying was that WWE these days will just give up and they'll have him talking by the end of the year. There is no dedication to a character in the WWE anymore. Well that may be a little strong, but they do tend to give up on a character if something becomes hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

They had no choice but to turn him face. With Lashley and Jeff absent the Raw roster is stupidly heel heavy at the moment. Maybe could have tossed him Sandman for a few weeks but thats about it.

I see there was a problem there, turning him face wasn't good for the character imo but anyway, what I think will be an even bigger problem is if they get him talking.

This SummerSlams match seems to be built to ruin someones run though. Either Umaga will have his face turn sourered or Kennedy who should be picking up victories and gathering some momentum at the minute will get pegged back.... Not sure how this will play out, don't think giving Kennedy the title is smart though so I'd expect Umaga to retain, if you're looking at whats best for the belt.

• Advertisement

Umaga will just pin Carlito I think. Won't screw with anyone too much

Advertisement