Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short Film - Monday Morning

• 14-08-2007 7:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭

Here is a short film we made about a year or 2 ago, the camera we used was a piece of crap that only had s-video out, but recently i got a tv card with an s-video slot and edited the film..

Its in black and white [ i know some people are turned off] but its not bad...

anyway comments are welcome: Monday Morning - Youtube

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

I'm in no position to comment from any standpoint other than my own observations. I work in xtra-vision, that's about the extent of my expertise. But hear me out, first off, the camera shakes way too much, tripods can be pricey, but you could always improvise, by stacking books on chairs or tables and lots of blue-tac or cellotape. And i think the angles and framing could've been much better, like in the long shot while he was in the kitchen, you could have moved it higher, and to the left more, giving the table more depth, and the chair facing away from the camera wouldn't be creating that little tiny blockage.

Em, that's all i can say atm. Hope i didn't offend ya...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

no bother man, thanks for the comments..

basicly that was threw together in about an hour, and shot on the worst/oldest camera ever. its so old when u zoom u can hear the motor moving during play back! lol

but thanks for the feed back man, this part of this board is so dead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DerekP11

The lack of a tripod didn't affect my viewing of it. It was really easy to make and this kind of filmmaking should be encouraged. Ive only one gripe. When he shoots himself, maybe a cut to the head with basic makeup applied,(even in your toaster reflection shot) just to cover the fact that you had no FX on the initial gunshot.

Overall, it was competent filmmaking. Never talk it down.

It reminded me of this little number.

http://www.niceshorts.com.au/watch.asp?video=3360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

thanks for checkin it out man,

yeah some make up would have worked well alright or a pool of blood maybe, but the oul one would have killed me!!!! lol

orignally i had the boom town rats song kick in right as the toast popped "tell me why i dont like mondays?"

p.s if u look close, i shoot me self with a remote control!!! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 lumix

Nothing wakes you up better on a monday than a bullet to the head.
    i liked it, very straight forward but works well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement