Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cardiff City in financial meltdown

• 14-08-2007 7:41pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Peter Ridsdale, the destroyer of Leeds United, has worked his financial magic again. Just been on Sky Sports News that Cardiff City are £30m in debt and could be taken to court as Ridsdale has ignored repeated warnings to pay the money back!

Here is a thread on the Cardiff board about it. They could be fooked.
    http://www.ninianpark.com/fans/index.php?showtopic=17140

No link on Sky Sports yet as far as I can see but I'm sure it will break soon.

FFS Someone kick that cúnt out of football for good!

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,339 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well this has just made my day, I've hated that lot since Hammam incited the fans when we played them a few years ago, and Ridsdale going there made me dislike them even more. I know what it feels like when your team is going down the tube so I feel sorry for the genuine Cardiff fans, but there is a sense of poetic justice in this. I agree that Ridsdale has to be banned from football if this turns out to be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,514 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

zaph wrote:
    Well this has just made my day, I've hated that lot since Hammam incited the fans when we played them a few years ago, and Ridsdale going there made me dislike them even more. I know what it feels like when your team is going down the tube so I feel sorry for the genuine Cardiff fans, but there is a sense of poetic justice in this. I agree that Ridsdale has to be banned from football if this turns out to be true.

Love the way this thread will be plagued with Ledds fans:D. This is the greatest sense of justice, and has also made my day. Just like you Zaph, I've hated them ever since that day, but do feel for the fans moreso. Points deduction for them would be nice now, totally screw them up. Just for the fact that its Ridsdale there now, i really hope they hit a hard downward spiral so very quickly. Leeds were this bad in the Premiership, its not so easy being that much in debt in the Championship. He will be banned from football alright, but CCFC should have to suffer aswell.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I really do feel a +1 for the smiley face alone is worth it. They're trying to claim that they dont even know who this Langston Co. is...pathetic.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Mushy wrote:
    I really do feel a +1 for the smiley face alone is worth it. They're trying to claim that they dont even know who this Langston Co. is...pathetic.

Good old Ridsdale is denying it all. I have this funny feeling that he has done this before.

• Advertisement

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_2661380,00.html

Heres a link to the skysports one. It'll most probably be the same.

I'm getting a case of déja vu with Ridsdale. Cardiff City FC will need to get Rids of their debt quickly lol! Please shoot me:D, am fecking hyper

This really is exactly what happened to us. People saying we are in serious trouble with Ridsdale releasing statements saying it's all rubbish.

If I was a Cardiff fan I wouldn't believe a single word coming out of Ridsdale's mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

ziggy67 wrote:
    But sure aren't Cardiff "living the dream" :rolleyes:

Seriously this guy is a f**kwad, should never be allowed anywhere near a football club again or any directorship for that matter

I dont know who should control these people but the FA or someone should have rules about these guys jumping from club to club and suddenly seeing these crazy debts adding up for clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Mushy wrote:
    Love the way this thread will be plagued with Ledds fans:D. This is the greatest sense of justice, and has also made my day. Just like you Zaph, I've hated them ever since that day, but do feel for the fans moreso. Points deduction for them would be nice now, totally screw them up. Just for the fact that its Ridsdale there now, i really hope they hit a hard downward spiral so very quickly. Leeds were this bad in the Premiership, its not so easy being that much in debt in the Championship. He will be banned from football alright, but CCFC should have to suffer aswell.

Such bitterness, Justice? How so? Did Cardiff fans put Leeds in that position..........

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

so misery does love company

KdjaCL wrote:
    Such bitterness, Justice? How so? Did Cardiff fans put Leeds in that position..........

kdjac

No, its just the whole Ridsdale connection thing. As I said, I feel sorry for the fans.

Advertisement