Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which horn to get?

Options
  • 14-08-2007 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

The factory horn I have in my Fiat Stilo is really pathetic and implies more of a "I'm glad you cut me off there, thank you good sir" rather than a "did you actually just do that you crazy b*stard?!"

Ah you know what I mean. I don't want something loud though just more alike the other cars on the road. Twin relay air horn or something with an Italianish sound? Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭2stageturbo

Here's an idea. Buy a bike with a bell on it:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

I use my horn once every 3 days at the most......
    Worrys me people who have to use it several times a day lol

Get a theme tune to the A-Team tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

I use my horn once every 3 days at the most......
    Worrys me people who have to use it several times a day lol

Get a theme tune to the A-Team tho :)

Oh I might only use it once every two weeks or so, but nearly every time I've used it it would be because someone just dangerously cut me off or something and I'd beep and they would actually wave back at me. No finger.. they would WAVE. Lol so would like something more alike the other cars would have. Seems to be a common thing with Fiat horns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

I always think when i hear a car horn........ if you have time to beep, you had time to break....... notice how you never hear screechhhhhhh beepppppp banggggggg......... :D

Here's an idea. Buy a bike with a bell on it:mad:

Yes I'll go and do that just to please you! Maybe you would be so polite as to tell me what kind of bike you had in mind and maybe I can call around yours and try the bell out for you just to make sure you are satisfied with yourself then.

As I said here I wanted something more alike other car brands would have fitted. Genuine question and no need for your sh*te. Thank you

• Advertisement

oleras wrote:
    I always think when i hear a car horn........ if you have time to beep, you had time to break....... notice how you never hear screechhhhhhh beepppppp banggggggg......... :D

The horn usually comes afterwards lol

su_dios wrote:
    The horn usually comes afterwards lol

All depends whos fault it is i guess......... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

3 replies and no frigging answer i love this place :)

su_dios
    just change the horn its mostly a <5min job just hit a breakers yard find the horn from the make and model you want and switch it over, usually its that simple, mostly its just two wires and a bracket. it can get a little more complicated but thats pretty much it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I use my horn once every 3 days at the most
    I can't remember the last time I used it! :)

orleras wrote:
    I always think when i hear a car horn........ if you have time to beep, you had time to break....... notice how you never hear screechhhhhhh beepppppp banggggggg.........
    At least I'm not the only one who thinks that. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Have a look at http://www.stebel.it/stebel/index2007.htm

Halfords sell them and so do http://www.speeding.co.uk/ only £4 delivery to Eire.

Neil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

they're pretty much all interchangable. Just go to a scrappy and get one off a Brava. they're 2 note and much less weedy than the one on the Stilo

colm_mcm wrote:
    they're pretty much all interchangable. Just go to a scrappy and get one off a Brava. they're 2 note and much less weedy than the one on the Stilo

Thank you! The last few posts have been very helpful. Brava sounds good I'll try track one down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

you need a "fire horn"

here is the approx sound
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yN_UFhsV-8
    but louder

or a really loudn US style trck hornhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eyxQBgc0kA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Back in the day for a bit of messing the cousin and myself wired up a car alarm to his cars horn. Good laugh for about 4.5 minutes, then incredibly annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,764 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

oleras wrote:
    I use my feet to mnipulate the pedals that control the acceleration, and braking of my car - hence my hands will be free to push the horn, which is conveniently located on the steering wheel - in easy reash of my thumb while my hands are placed on the steering wheel.

:D

Tauren wrote:
    I use my feet to mnipulate the pedals that control the acceleration, and braking of my car - hence my hands will be free to push the horn, which is conveniently located on the steering wheel - in easy reash of my thumb while my hands are placed on the steering wheel.

:D

Since it must be S.A.W (smart a$$ wednesday)......... should that not be Foot ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

S.A.W? So it would be the one that makes your wife/girlfriend smile most!

Advertisement