Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is a good VPIP??

• 14-08-2007 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭

I have never been one to look at stats in detail but after being a winning player in 05,06 to a loosing player in 07 i knew i needed to change things. I installed Pokertracker a few weeks ago and i am showing a VPIP of 47.17 for a sample of 600 hands mainly PLO 50/1, 1/2, firstly (may sound stupid) what does VPIP stand for and are my stats decent. What is good/bad VPIP???

Is there any other stats i should be looking closely at on Ptracker

Wish i had installed Pokertracker ages ago great for catching the fish and revewing your sessions and replaying your hands.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

The other 2 most important stats are your PreFlop Agression factor, PFR and your Total Aggression factor.

VPiP stands for Voluntarily Put $ in Pot. Basically how many hands you are playing, a VPiP of 47.17 is very high, although over only 600 hands is basically meaningless, but is a good incidator. If I had stats on someone with a VPiP of 47 over 600 hands I'd have you marked to play with, depending on what your other stats are, it could be time to go back to the drawing board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

This is good

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Number=5892078

but its player dependent obviously, there's no right or wrong answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Ste05 wrote:
    The other 2 most important stats are your PreFlop Agression factor, PFR and your Total Aggression factor.

VPiP stands for Voluntarily Put $ in Pot. Basically how many hands you are playing, a VPiP of 47.17 is very high, although over only 600 hands is basically meaningless, but is a good incidator. If I had stats on someone with a VPiP of 47 over 600 hands I'd have you marked to play with, depending on what your other stats are, it could be time to go back to the drawing board.

I am showing pf raise of 15.09, PF agg of .38 and total agg of .77 what does this highlight in my game that i need to work on, do not get me wrong since i have introduced PokerTracker and reviewing and working on from previous sessions i am back to winning, just want to start understanding my play better

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Ste, I assume what is good and bad is radically different if it is PLO as opposed to NLHE.

Fran - Flipper is doing some PLO coaching these days. Might be worth a look.

Cheers Llyod, 95% of hands played are PLO so this should be factored in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Ste, I assume what is good and bad is radically different if it is PLO as opposed to NLHE.

Fran - Flipper is doing some PLO coaching these days. Might be worth a look.
    Yes apologies, I thought it was some PLO 0.50/1 and some NLHE 1/2 for some reason, in that case disregard everything I said, I don't comment on PLO, because I know nothing about it.

Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

I have never been one to look at stats in detail but after being a winning player in 05,06 to a loosing player in 07 i knew i needed to change things. I installed Pokertracker a few weeks ago and i am showing a VPIP of 47.17 for a sample of 600 hands mainly PLO 50/1, 1/2, firstly (may sound stupid) what does VPIP stand for and are my stats decent. What is good/bad VPIP???

Is there any other stats i should be looking closely at on Ptracker

Wish i had installed Pokertracker ages ago great for catching the fish and revewing your sessions and replaying your hands.

47 is pretty high, but it's not crazy high if most of your games are 6-handed and you play well post flop. However Pf agg of .38 is extremely low, this defo your figure!? If it is it looks very weak tight and is not at all good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I dont want to hijack, but I was analysing my stats and I'm happy with everything apart from 'Went to Showdown' which is at an alarmingly high 51.2%, where the average in the above mentioned 2+2 thread is 21%. I play mostly tournaments but thats still a huge difference, and even in the early going its 30%+. Can anyone figure what the major error I'm making is?

luckylucky wrote:
    47 is pretty high, but it's not crazy high if most of your games are 6-handed and you play well post flop. However Pf agg of .38 is extremely low, this defo your figure!? If it is it looks very weak tight and is not at all good.

Lucky all hands are 6 handed tables, does 11.35 sound about right i think i was looking at something different.

Any users who can explain the general info stats on the ptracker database would certainly help. As i said previously this is new to me as i did not care to look at my plays when i was a winning.

zuutroy wrote:
    I dont want to hijack, but I was analysing my stats and I'm happy with everything apart from 'Went to Showdown' which is at an alarmingly high 51.2%, where the average in the above mentioned 2+2 thread is 21%. I play mostly tournaments but thats still a huge difference, and even in the early going its 30%+. Can anyone figure what the major error I'm making is?

i am showing 37.8 to showdown with a 57.1 won at showdown, i believe i am tight agr does this make you loose agr??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

While I don't use pt for omaha so not really sure what stats you should be aiming for, if I am reading right you are 47/15/.77 which to me suggests your calling pf and on post flop way too much.

i am showing 37.8 to showdown with a 57.1 won at showdown, i believe i am tight agr does this make you loose agr??

I did some research and WTSD alone doesn't tell you much. It needs to be taken in the context of VP$IP and Won$SD. If you're loose it's a problem, but if you're tight as I am (17%), its normal to go to showdown a lot, as the times when you see the flop, you likely have a very good hand and you're extracting as much money as you can by keeping opponents in the pot to SD, or being offered the odds to call until SD.

Lucky all hands are 6 handed tables, does 11.35 sound about right i think i was looking at something different.

Any users who can explain the general info stats on the ptracker database would certainly help. As i said previously this is new to me as i did not care to look at my plays when i was a winning.

My omaha stats for this year, when there has been between 5 and 6 players in a hand have been vpip 34.26, pfr 8.5, went to showdown 20.7 and won at showdown 49.04 and AF of 4.7. Earlier in the year I was playing with less than full stack sometimes so it might skew the stats a bit. Lately I have been playing a little looser with a fullstack and have 39.38% vpip and also raising a bit more preflop at 11.92, my AF has dropped to 3.91 highlighting the fact that my preflop range has loosened. For me this is probably as loose as I want to get, a very good lag I think can play looser than this and still be a winning player, however most players with a vpip above 40 in a 6-handed game would be losers imo. I'm going to check pt now to see.

Getting back to your stats...
    AF of 11.35 and went to showdown of 37.8 going to showdown sound way too high but then again you are winning 57% at showdown so sounds like you are just on a hot streak of cards for those 600 hands which would explain the loose aggressive stats.

zuutroy wrote:
    I did some research and WTSD alone doesn't tell you much. It needs to be taken in the context of VP$IP and Won$SD. If you're loose it's a problem, but if you're tight as I am (17%), its normal to go to showdown a lot, as the times when you see the flop, you likely have a very good hand and you're extracting as much money as you can by keeping opponents in the pot to SD, or being offered the odds to call until SD.

I agree it needs to be taken into context but 51.2% does sound 'alarmingly high' in just about any context imo, I mean you're fairly tight at 17% but not unsually so if it's full-ring hold'em you're playing. Sorry have to ask, but are you sure that's not your Won$SD? And second question if it's not what is your actual Won$Sd?

I play mostly tourneys, so I filtered to when there's 8-10 players left instead of across the whole tourney, and found that the level drops to around 40% which is more inline with other people I think. My Won$SD is 49% for the same situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

I have never been one to look at stats in detail but after being a winning player in 05,06 to a loosing player in 07 i knew i needed to change things.

Can I ask how much Omaha you were playing in 05 + 06 compared to 07? Are your 07 losses Omaha related? I dont mean to sound harsh here but I watched you play online Saturday evening in Drogheda and your Omaha play was rancid. You were forever limp calling with dirt in EP, not folding from the blinds when you should be when the button/CO raises into you with the justification of look at the odds im getting. You were also too passive in LP. Now maybe you were just shooting the breeze in Drogheda and this doesnt represent your normal play but if it does then i think it needs correction.

Can I ask how much Omaha you were playing in 05 + 06 compared to 07? Are your 07 losses Omaha related? I dont mean to sound harsh here but I watched you play online Saturday evening in Drogheda and your Omaha play was rancid. You were forever limp calling with dirt in EP, not folding from the blinds when you should be when the button/CO raises into you with the justification of look at the odds im getting. You were also too passive in LP. Now maybe you were just shooting the breeze in Drogheda and this doesnt represent your normal play but if it does then i think it needs correction.

BCB, in 05/06 i played little or no Omaha, it was all NLHE and mostly tournament wins contributed to my profits. I have only being playing omaha the last 3 months and have pulled back about 4.5k of my 6k losses year to date. My NLHE game has gone to ****e and it is something i am working on to regain confidence, I am still learning Omaha but it is a profitable learning curve.

And yes i was shooting the breeze in Drogheda, i am not normally that fishy or rancid as you put it:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

BCB, in 05/06 i played little or no Omaha, it was all NLHE and mostly tournament wins contributed to my profits. I have only being playing omaha the last 3 months and have pulled back about 4.5k of my 6k losses year to date. My NLHE game has gone to ****e and it is something i am working on to regain confidence, I am still learning Omaha but it is a profitable learning curve.

And yes i was shooting the breeze in Drogheda, i am not normally that fishy or rancid as you put it:p

I was warned that when i took up omaha that my holdem game would deteriorate - as others seem to have suffered the same faith. However, im happy to report that if anything I feel that taking up Omaha has improved my holdem game postflop. Maybe your one of the guys whos game has suffered?

zuutroy wrote:
    I play mostly tourneys, so I filtered to when there's 8-10 players left instead of across the whole tourney, and found that the level drops to around 40% which is more inline with other people I think. My Won$SD is 49% for the same situation.

Firstly soz, I've looked at my tourney stats and they are ballpark about this too, I was thinking more interms of cash game stats. The WTSD% is higher I guess because it includes your stats where there are only a few players left and your going to showdown quite a bit then. So yeah seems to be nothing much wrong with your stats imo.

I was warned that when i took up omaha that my holdem game would deteriorate - as others seem to have suffered the same faith. However, im happy to report that if anything I feel that taking up Omaha has improved my holdem game postflop. Maybe your one of the guys whos game has suffered?

Yeah i think this is the case with me at the moment, I also think another contributing factor is that I have been playing live tourneys with poor players over the last number of months up and around Drogheda (not in the new club i might add) and now i am second guessing every move i make.

I would have regurlarly cashed in large tourneys weekly but i am finding winning scarce these days, in fact the last tourneys i have cashed in were 2 months ago and they were back to back Live Omaha tourney wins,

I know there has been an element of bad variance but i know it is my play affecting the results more so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

I've noticed this myself. Obviously I'm not as much of a high volume player as others on here but I have noticed my HE STT play has suffered from Omaha.
    I understand what you mean by improved postflop play though.

Advertisement