Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Jenas Out Now

Options
  • 14-08-2007 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

What a shocking performance from this guy please please will somebody kick him in training tomorrow and put him out for the season or else flog him to boro or some team like that he does nothing adds no creativity.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭RAUL DUKE

He should go back to notts forest were his "talent" would be more suited.How can we ever expect to achieve anything with this guy at the heart of our team!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 The Lilywhite

Hi Kingdom Yid, this is my first post and Im sorry that it is so negative, but the display I've just witnessed was absolutely pathetic. How those current players can think they're good enough to put on a Tottenham shirt is beyond me. Unfortunately it would be unfair to just single out Jenas there was equally worse out there wearing a Tottenham shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

JJ is the biggest underachiever in our midfield for the last two seasons. Taarbat played 90% of our preseason games and yet he hasn't had a look in. Our first home game should have been the perfect setting for him; And what about Boateng? Why have we spent this money and not included him in our 16 tonight? Yet JJ fannies around like his place in our first team is set in stone. Zakora and Malbranque played solid football tonight yet were kept on the defensive as our "most creative midfielder" gave the ball away again again and again..... Jol needs to address this before it costs him his job! Get Stalteri out too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

He was extremely poor tonight.

Kaboul to partner Zakora when King and Dawson are both fit but how often will that be!!??

Pascal Chimbonda make an awful lot of poor judgements. He has talent but he needs someone to rattle some motivation into him!!

On a positive note, Actually thought Rocha had a good game, despite everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

He was extremely poor tonight.

Kaboul to partner Zakora when King and Dawson are both fit but how often will that be!!??

Pascal Chimbonda make an awful lot of poor judgements. He has talent but he needs someone to rattle some motivation into him!!

On a positive note, Actually thought Rocha had a good game, despite everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

thought rocha did well with zokora,berba looks like he is still on holidays,i agree about chimbonda did a lot of moaning.I must say arteta was the class act on the pitch we lack a player like him at the moment.

Sorry guys but I dont agree that Rocha played well. The second goal was a clanger that resulted because he didnt head the ball out. Nevertheless I rate him as a solid enough center.

The dead wood in on team sheet tonight were Stalteri, Gardner and Jenas.

Berbatov, Robinson, Chimbonda missed some preseason and are lacking match fitness.

We are also missing YP Lee, BAE, Bale, Lennon, Dawson & King (and now possibly Kaboul). Thats six defenders!? Any team would struggle defensively without six of their best defenders but I have question why Jol persisted with starting Gardner when Rocha in my opinion is a far more experienced defender.

I still dont understand how Jol has left Taarbat out of the match squad given his exploits in preseason his match fitness can not be a factor. At least he is creative which is what we are missing in abundance..

Although I still see it as a slow start and acknowledge we will pick up the pace as more first team players return from injury and regain match fitness; ever since our cup disasters against the Chelski and Gooners last season I am becoming increasingly concerned over BMJ's team selection.

Still love him for bringing us in fifth two years in a row.....

COYS!

Sorry guys but I dont agree that Rocha played well. The second goal was a clanger that resulted because he didnt head the ball out. Nevertheless I rate him as a solid enough center.

The dead wood in on team sheet tonight were Stalteri, Gardner and Jenas.

Berbatov, Robinson, Chimbonda missed some preseason and are lacking match fitness.

We are also missing YP Lee, BAE, Bale, Lennon, Dawson & King (and now possibly Kaboul). Thats six defenders!? Any team would struggle defensively without six of their best defenders but I have question why Jol persisted with starting Gardner when Rocha in my opinion is a far more experienced defender.

I still dont understand how Jol has left Taarbat out of the match squad given his exploits in preseason his match fitness can not be a factor. At least he is creative which is what we are missing in abundance..

Although I still see it as a slow start and acknowledge we will pick up the pace as more first team players return from injury and regain match fitness; ever since our cup disasters against the Chelski and Gooners last season I am becoming increasingly concerned over BMJ's team selection.

Still love him for bringing us in fifth two years in a row.....

COYS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 The Lilywhite

Hi I'm glad somebody agrees with me I thought Rocha was poor tonight but then I never really rated him, I love BMJ but I think that he seems to lack certain judgement and now I'm really wondering if he can bring us into the top 4, I thought Malbranque was poor tonight but I will say he played a lot better than he did on Saturday at least he was getting wide. I know I've only joined this board and I dont want people to think that after our poor start I'm looking for a knee jerk reaction (as a certain Rodney Marsh used to say) but i know BMJ has brought us into the top 5 for the last 2 seasons but has he got it to bring us further, I really hope so but with some of our buys and certain performances I wonder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭northlondon17

get a grip the lot of you's....!!!!! were goin to beat derby....lose to manu...draw against fulham nd beat arse...we'll b fine...there's 36 games to go...keep the faith.....tottenham till i die....yid army...:) :):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

I think I speak for most Newcastle fans by saying that selling Jenas for £8m was the best bit of business we've done since... Ruel Fox :p

Any takers for Dyer?

All fine players at their best, even Foxy, but mostly unfulfilled potential, wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

How anyone can think that Rocha played well is baffling, as to be honest is how anyone can think Malbranque played well. There's a big difference between running around and getting passed the ball and actually playing well. Malbranque didn't make one telling successful pass or beat one player because he can't dribble without getting the ball stuck under him, has no pace, and has no vision and messes up most of his passes.

We all know that Jenas is a waste of space, and he is deceptively lazy, yes he runs a lot becuase he is a great athlete but you watch him very closely and he will regularly just not bother tracking a player or make a run and just stand still. Fundamentally it's cause the guy just doesn't give damn, he has the ability but he doesn't care, he'd rather be back roasting slappers with his drinking buddies at Newcastle.

And let's be honest here, Berbs has been poor the 1st 2 games even without any supply. he did great last season when the supply was just as bad half of the time, but he doesn't look fit to me.

Advertisement