Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alfa 147 susoension - advice needed !

Options
  • 14-08-2007 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hiya, not sure if this is appropriate to this forum but.....
    I have a 03 Alfa 147 43K on clock..all is well, have looked after well but rear left suspension is driving me nuts..
    There is a knocking noise coming frm same, especially bad/noticable on those 'ripple concrete road surfaces' you get in hosuing estates but also on anything less than perfect smooth surface. I have had to two Alfa service agents and have had new shock, bushings etc etc replaced..but to no avail..If I cant sort it I'm gonna get rid of...any ideas?????? please :( I've had many alfas before (1st 147) so I know all about ALfa suspension issues but this just beats me ...
    oops typo - Alfa 147 suspension - advice needed !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Did you bring it to main Alfa agents? If so, you're wasting your time - try either TI Autos or Alasta Autos.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm not an Alfa expert, but it sounds like maybe an anti roll bar bush or maybe a top shock mount.

Is it a knock, or is it more of a rattle type of sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭TheCityManager

Anan1 wrote:
    Did you bring it to main Alfa agents? If so, you're wasting your time - try either TI Autos or Alasta Autos.
    Been using Gerry Campbell in TI for years..he cant find problem. :( It's definitely a knocking sound, shock, bushings and anti roll have been changed..anything else it could be???

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Hav you thoroughly checked inside the boot of the car, including the spare wheel well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Any chance its the exhaust mounts or spare wheel/toolkit?
    Alfas are notoious for eating bushes but you'd expect TI to have sorted that by now.
    Usually it'd be bushes in the tranverse arms/droplinks, less likely shock top mounts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement