Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for users of betfair

• 14-08-2007 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

But there's a selection in a market for 1.30 which I can only get for 1.28 on the usual suspects (ladbrokes, boylesports, paddy power, etc)

I would be staking a large sum of money on this, but I understand you have to pay commission on betfair winnings. Wondering would it be worth my while opening a betfair account for this bet (For the sake of the extra 0.02) or would it be eaten away with their commission (new user and all that). Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

On most markets you have to pay 5% on your winnings so if your bet wins at 1.30 then you will get 1.285 Nett. So with the cost of the lodgement then its not particularly worth your while.

Having said that, you could put up a request for 1.32 on the lay side, and if it got matched it would be better than the 1.28 the bookies would give you.

And in general, if you're a serious (or even half-serious) punter then opening a BF account is a no-brainer really - there'll be many occassions when you'll be able to get 15%+ better odds on BF than in a bookies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

How much is available at the lay price?
    How much would you have to be able to turn over to make it worth your while?
    What are the chances that the lay price could disappear at any time?

Advertisement