Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Redheads - Attractive or Not?

• 14-08-2007 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭

I'm a redhead and proud of it but one thing that really annoys me is the use of the word 'ginger' (when it sounds like singer)!
    Now unfortunately my hair is actually of the dark red variety and can be sometimes considered to be more brown. But what's the verdict in general on redheads - do guys really prefer blondes all the time? Are redheads ever top of anyone's list of must haves?? Are they really considered 'mingers'?
    I'd be interested to see what hair colour really is top of the list for you men

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭TheJoker

jergam wrote:
    I'm a redhead and proud of it but one thing that really annoys me is the use of the word 'ginger' (when it sounds like singer)!
    Now unfortunately my hair is actually of the dark red variety and can be sometimes considered to be more brown. But what's the verdict in general on redheads - do guys really prefer blondes all the time? Are redheads ever top of anyone's list of must haves?? Are they really considered 'mingers'?
    I'd be interested to see what hair colour really is top of the list for you men

Once its not of the orange variety you would be fairly safe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

Is it me, or is this red hair thing becoming a race more than a hair colour ??? Recently i heard stories of families having to move house etc over their child having red hair and getting bullied?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

The thing with redheads is that you're either hot or extremely pig arse ugly..........there is no in between and that's your downfall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

IMO the term "Ginger" only applies to men. I have seen a lot of VERY attractive ladies with varying shades of red hair from the so-called Strawberry Blonde right through to dark auburn.

Sorry but if you are a man then you are stuck with the term you dislike so much (unless of course you count that fat bird from the Spice Girls :p )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Kenny 5 wrote:
    The thing with redheads is that you're either hot or extremely pig arse ugly..........there is no in between and that's your downfall.
    Nicole Kidman, Kari Byron and me. Case closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

i like red heads.....something different i think.............not orange now by any stretch of the imagination but actual red

preferably died red hair come to think of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is it me, or is this red hair thing becoming a race more than a hair colour ???
    Rearrange the letters in ginger and you find what a lot of Irish thinks of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Just my opinion, but all gingers should be executed at birth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

you can't judge someone on one thing alone. personally I would prefer a brunette, but it takes more than just hair colour for me to think of you as attractive. I mean if you have a face like a bag of hammers and a fantastic personality then I will find you attractive. far more attractive than a pretty girl who's wisdom only reaches her makeup bag and soap operas. fúck those girls right in the ear!
    biko wrote:
    Rearrange the letters in ginger and you find what a lot of Irish thinks of them.
    it took me a sec to cop on, but now that's all I see when I see the word ginger. lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Red, yes - ginger no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Naturally coloured hair floats my boat. Colour is irrelevant.

The worst thing is to see 3 or 4 women from the same family, mother and 2 or 3 daughters, all dyed blonde. Bimbos.

Dark red's the nicest. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I love teh gingers. I'm deeply in love with one of them, and I don't care if I'm at risk of catching gingervitis. I have now found attraction in white skin and freckles and red hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

as long as you get rid of the red pubes euww I've no problem with gingers, some are very attractive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I like redheads.

Not the flaming haired, pale skinned, freckly types though.

But thee is nothing worse than getting a blonde or brunette into the sack, only to realise she reads books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Why does the OP assume all guys only like Blondes? I'm much more partial to Brunettes myself. They've got that whole mysterious thing going for them, whereas as Blondes are generally an open book. Red heads can be good looking, but it depends on the shade at the end of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

Kenny 5 wrote:

but you could say that of anyone with any hair colour - it's not like all brunettes are drop dead gorgeous!

And also what's the story with weight, which is better - too thin or too fat? Without being extreme in either direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Yeah gingers are hot I also happen to be one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Attractive in the exact same way any hair color is to me, i.e doesn't make any difference. I don't get why people actually have this active hatred of red hair, I think it's fine.

And I would rather 'too' thin then 'too' fat, at the extreme ends both are horrible but the excess fat even more so. But if you had to average it out, on the whole I'd prefer a fuller girl then a skinny one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

HavoK wrote:
    I don't get why people actually have this active hatred of red hair, I think it's fine.

Hear Hear! Finally some reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

jergam wrote:

And also what's the story with weight, which is better - too thin or too fat? Without being extreme in either direction.
    Fat bottomed girls make the rockin' world go round.

I hate skinny, boney wretches tbh.

• Advertisement

Why does the OP assume all guys only like Blondes? I'm much more partial to Brunettes myself. They've got that whole mysterious thing going for them, whereas as Blondes are generally an open book. Red heads can be good looking, but it depends on the shade at the end of the day.

Ah no I don't assume all guys only like blondes, I was taking it from the old saying 'gentlemen prefer blondes' type of thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

http://images.google.ie/images?hl=en&q=kari%20byron&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

end of discussion

MOD WARNING: If you have Google safe search off, you will see nudity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

ah redheds can be hot.. in fact alot of them are....

isla fisher being a prime example

forgot about her

Ok girls aloud just came on and it reminded me of a good example. Everyone calls the redhead one an ugly cow. Is it cos of her red hair??? !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

There is the touch of the exotic about them that can be quite alluring ;)

jergam wrote:
    Ok girls aloud just came on and it reminded me of a good example. Everyone calls the redhead one an ugly cow. Is it cos of her red hair??? !

no,its the vagina face......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭oleras

How could somebody knowling copulate with a red head and risk having the fruit of their loins having red hair......shame on you !!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Some of the best lucking girls I know are red heads, I used to be quite anti-ginger but I have overcome my prejudice and can now appreciate the red-heads.

• Advertisement

oleras wrote:
    How could somebody knowling copulate with a red head and risk having the fruit of their loins having red hair......shame on you !!!! :eek:

Have you clicked on the link yet???:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

oleras wrote:

My girlfiends got red hair like me, does that mean we should never have kids? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Ah, now take this in mind... :D

You would....

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Better red than dead. lol

ahh redheads are indeed attractive.

Nailz wrote:
    Ah, now take this in mind... you would. :D

1522_603232979_lindsay_lohan_god_bless_her_hotness

:p

Wont open, feck it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

Is it me, or is this red hair thing becoming a race more than a hair colour ??? Recently i heard stories of families having to move house etc over their child having red hair and getting bullied?

The Catherine Tate show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Redheads can be very hot alright, just like blondes can be very hot or brunettes can be very hot.

And I'd go for 'too skinny' any day over 'too fat'. Nothing more disgusting imho.

Sleepy wrote:
    Redheads can be very hot alright, just like blondes can be very hot or brunettes can be very hot.

And I'd go for 'too skinny' any day over 'too fat'. Nothing more disgusting imho.

ahh no way man... to skinny is scary.... ya need a bit of meat...

more cushion for the pushen they say....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,769 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Kari Byron is absurdly attractive.
    And Bryce Dallas Howard aint too bad either, although I know many disagree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

jergam wrote:

Probably leaning more towards the fact that she is an ugly cow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Red .... yay

Ginger ..... Nay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

HavoK wrote:
    Attractive in the exact same way any hair color is to me, i.e doesn't make any difference. I don't get why people actually have this active hatred of red hair, I think it's fine.
    Nobody really hates red heads.
    It's just popular to say you do.

Black people: Off limits.
    Chinese people: off limits.
    <insert race or religion here>: ~Off limits.

All that's left are red heads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

kowloon wrote:
    Wont open, feck it
    Try it again I fixed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

This thread makes me want to cry :( Well ok, not really... yes really....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The google image search link will go to naked pictures if you have set safesearch to off. Just a warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

I like redheads, a lot. I even buy surf washing up powder coz the redhead lady off Fair city used to do adds for it.

Can't seem to find many pics of her on the interweb.

Guess I'll have to use that RTE guide cover from 1999 tonight, again...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Lirange

I prefer brunettes.

Though some reds can be very nice. I just don't like it when they have an overabundance of poxy frecks. It also has to be a darker shade of red. No tangerine gingers please!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

redheads/brunettes ftw!

redheads are just hot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Lirange

#Smokey# wrote:
    redheads/brunettes ftw!
    I love the girls that excel in both shades!

Mmmm .... Meow!

Giblet wrote:
    The google image search link will go to naked pictures if you have set safesearch to off. Just a warning.

Kari would never do such a thing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Bzah - the question should really be hariy armpits or not. the color is a mere distraction....

<goes back to his ginger/redhed/black colored/nesbit/hairy/gorilla type usually found on the inside of an overgrown toenail>

Ps. honey if your reading this i think ur sexy ^^ :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement