Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Redheads - Attractive or Not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Redderneck

Doesn't matter a damn what the hair colour is; whether the hair is worn long or short, straight or curly - what matters is if it's worn with confidence. That's what's attractive/not.

So when the hair colour is a natural colour, not dyed/messed with too much - then you're onto a good thing, cos the confidence levels are there.

I'm not saying that if you play about with your natural look, you're automatically lacking in self-confidence; trying to cover up or compensate for something, far from it - you might just be ahving a bit of fun, trying something different. Same goes for make-up.

WYSIWYG works for me.

Re. those who profess to be 'anti-ginger' - says more about them than it ever will about me. I'm a redhead, married to a stunning redhead, with two fine redheaded offspring to torment the next generation with. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,121 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

You can have as many people as you want saying that ginger is a nice hair colour but it just isn't. FACT*. Ginger is Ugly. Its the biggest turn off ever and people with it should either shave it off (Male) or dye it (Female). People should just start accepting it and move on.

*FACT wrote in capital letters like this cannot be refuted and therefore is always true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 mr-aido

there is the ocassion most redheads are crackers but thats just me i have a thing 4 redheads:rolleyes:

You can have as many people as you want saying that ginger is a nice hair colour but it just isn't. FACT*. Ginger is Ugly. Its the biggest turn off ever and people with it should either shave it off (Male) or dye it (Female). People should just start accepting it and move on.

*FACT wrote in capital letters like this cannot be refuted and therefore is always true

If you're pre-pubescent I wouldn't rush into the therapy just yet. Save mammie & daddie some shekels and wait to see if you grow out of your low self-esteem issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,121 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'm hardly pre-pubescent. And defo no low self esteem. I have high self esteem simply because I don't have ginger hair. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Wouldn't worry about the haters at all, there will always be haters.

I'm hardly pre-pubescent. And defo no low self esteem. I have high self esteem simply because I don't have ginger hair. ;)

Ah - so you're just too tight to pay for the therapy then? :p

Each to their own. In fact the less competition in chasing down the hot redheads the better for those of us who know better!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Heh, I've heard the saying "once you go red, you never get out of bed". I can't understand how a group of people who have hair colour in common would be demons in the sack but I know of four red-haired guys and all the girls who have had sex with them (me included - well with one of them, not all four!) marvelled at their prowess! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Some are hot, some are not, like every other hair colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Redhead women have the whole "Rock chick" thing

They are either rated a 10 or a 1 no, absolutely no in between

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

What is it with people always getting so worked up about red hair? It's a colour ffs. :pac:

And it's utterly gorgeous on the right girl.

Plus it's just generally hot. (Bias showing)

Dudess wrote: »
    Heh, I've heard the saying "once you go red, you never get out of bed". I can't understand how a group of people who have hair colour in common would be demons in the sack but I know of four red-haired guys and all the girls who have had sex with them (me included - well with one of them, not all four!) marvelled at their prowess! :)

Spoken like a true homosapian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

My friend scored some red head and couldn't walk for days:D

Springsteen puts it well:

"Well, brunettes are fine, man
    Blondes are fun
    But, when it comes to getting the dirty job done,
    I'll take a red-headed woman, a red-headed woman.
    It takes a red-headed woman to get a dirty job done.

Well, listen up, stud,
    Your life's been wasted
    'til you've got' down on your knees and tasted
    A red-headed woman, a red-headed woman.
    It takes a red-headed woman to get a dirty job done.

Tight skirt, strawberry hair
    Tell me what you've got, baby, waiting under there.
    Big green eyes that look like, son,
    They can see every cheap thing that you ever done.

Well, I don't know how many girls you dated, man
    You ain't lived 'til you've had your tires rotated
    By a red-headed woman, a red-headed woman.
    It takes a red-headed woman to get a dirty job done."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Heh, I've heard the saying "once you go red, you never get out of bed".

*ahem hem*
    Earthhorse wrote: »
    That's because of the syphilis.

This thread is going in circles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

<<<< Loves redheads. It's my favourite hair colour on women

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 pwp

And to answer the thread title: depends on the individual redhead.

good point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    The thing with redheads is that you're either hot or extremely pig arse ugly..........there is no in between and that's your downfall.

this seems to be true,

Cabaal wrote: »
    this seems to be true,

It isn't I'm a plain old average looking redhead.
    At least I hope I am.....I don't see any eyes bleeding in my company.

To those guys who think red-haired women are unattractive (based on a few, or even one - LOL :D)

What is that burning sensation? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Cabaal wrote: »
    this seems to be true,

I disagree. I am a redhead and I am far from pig ugly...but not really hot either! I'm pretty :D And proud to be ginger! (Not orangey ginger)

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Are any of those true redheads?

I don;t know who the russet haired lady is....but the rest are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

I disagree. I am a redhead and I am far from pig ugly...but not really hot either! I'm pretty :D And proud to be ginger! (Not orangey ginger)
    OK, post a picture here and let us be the judge of that.

No, offense, but I think that most gingers ming quite badly...:)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

el diablo wrote: »

Wah why so mean? you hurt my non-existant soul:p

emo!! wrote: »
    Wah why so mean? you hurt my non-existant soul:p

he he, I didn't mean to offend. here is a fairly typical red-haired chick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

I've a soft spot for teh read headed ladies.

Up there with Tayto Crisps and Arthur Guinness on the Why I Love Ireland list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

genie_us wrote: »
    I'm a redhead and proud of it but one thing that really annoys me is the use of the word 'ginger' (when it sounds like singer)!
    Now unfortunately my hair is actually of the dark red variety and can be sometimes considered to be more brown. But what's the verdict in general on redheads - do guys really prefer blondes all the time? Are redheads ever top of anyone's list of must haves?? Are they really considered 'mingers'?
    I'd be interested to see what hair colour really is top of the list for you men

Don't worry. My favourite colour hair on a girl and the same for other lads as well.

Was at Electric Picnic the other week and 3 out of the best looking girls I saw/met all weekend were redheads.

Obviously an ugly person is an ugly person but a really hot redhead beats a really hot blonde any day. For me anyway.

My new favourite, Amy Adams:
    http://www.collider.com/uploads/imageGallery/Amy_Adams/amy_adams.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

I think red hair looks really stunning on girls, and often is accompanied by the most beautiful green eyes.

Its a little more complicated and varied with men though, I don't know why, it just is....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

That's girl speak for 'ugly' tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Xavi6 wrote: »
    That's girl speak for 'ugly' 'fugly' tbh

Fixed that for ya :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

he he, I didn't mean to offend. here is a fairly typical red-haired chick.

Fairly typical! funk me thats a bad picture!

but anyways, you can get some stunners who are ginger, some average that are ginger, and some ugly that a ginger, same with any hair colour, i think ours just stands out more. :) .

Xavi6 wrote: »
    That's girl speak for 'ugly' tbh

:D Feck off it's not!

• Advertisement

As if I'm going to post a picture on a public forum! I'd PM you one but I couldn't trust that you wouldn't post it up for everyone to mock and ridicule me :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

I think red hair looks really stunning on girls, and often is accompanied by the most beautiful green eyes.

Its a little more complicated and varied with men though, I don't know why, it just is....

Definitely... the dark red hair, green eyes and pale skin combo is absolutely awesome.

In school, all the lads used to rip the p*ss out of redheads and me for liking them but now... they've come around to my way of thinking!

As if I'm going to post a picture on a public forum! I'd PM you one but I couldn't trust that you wouldn't post it up for everyone to mock and ridicule me :o
    Ok, please PM me a pic. I certainly won't post it here, you can trust me on that..:)

Post one of yourself here first.....so she can see if your worth the effort. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

ASL

• Advertisement

Ok, please PM me a pic. I certainly won't post it here, you can trust me on that..:)

Right. I'm doing this for "pretty" redhead girls everywhere :D

Right. I'm doing this for "pretty" redhead girls everywhere :D

what? PM'ing a picture of yourself to a person you don't even know?

Will wrote: »
    what? PM'ing a picture of yourself to a person you don't even know?

Umm ye ok maybe not! Ah I'll just let you all think I'm a ginger minger!

To be honest I wouldn't worry what others think, if you're confident it doesn't matter a sh!t :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

The prevelance of attractiveness in redheads is the same proportion of attractiveness in the general female population.

Although, their stunners tend to be a little more noticeable on occasion.

Umm ye ok maybe not! Ah I'll just let you all think I'm a ginger minger!
    oh well, that's disappointing. not sure what the problem is..:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 633 ✭✭✭dublinario

As a Geneticist, I can confirm that the modern redhead -- or Gingus Maximus, in genealogy parlance -- shares more DNA with a baboon's arse than with regular humans. Specifically, a tissue sample from the rectum of a baboon (coincidentally, the primate with the best 'personality') will be a 99.93% match to Mick Hucknall, or any ginger you care to name.

Crying laughing here, hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

I think redheads are definitely attractive. I have spotted on a few gorgeous redhead guys on nights out (their hair being more of the darker red variety.)
    I also think there is nothing prettier than a pretty redhead girl because they usually don't know how pretty they are

dublinario wrote: »
    As a Geneticist, I can confirm that the modern redhead -- or Gingus Maximus, in genealogy parlance -- shares more DNA with a baboon's arse than with regular humans. Specifically, a tissue sample from the rectum of a baboon (coincidentally, the primate with the best 'personality') will be a 99.93% match to Mick Hucknall, or any ginger you care to name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primate
    A primate is any member of the biological order Primates (Latin: "prime, first rank"[2]), the group that contains lemurs, the Aye-aye, lorids, galagos, tarsiers, monkeys, and apes, with the last category including humans

:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement