Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Redheads - Attractive or Not?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 633 ✭✭✭dublinario

Touché ibarelycare, touché.

Look, I'm not the bad guy here. Nobody is suggesting that we hunt gingers for sport (although it would help keep their numbers in check). Do I wish all copper-pubes a gruesome death? No. Should they be left to live their days in peace? Absolutely. Would I like one living next door to me? Of course not, I'm already drowning in negative equity.

I'm just the vocalisation of what we're all thinking; I'm putting a spotlight on the elephant in the room. I bare the Fanta Pants no ill-will. None of us do. We wish them well. We're just suggesting that they might -- I repeat, might -- be happier living exclusively among their own on a small-to-medium sized island somewhere, preferably downwind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

dublinario wrote: »
    Touché ibarelycare, touché.

Look, I'm not the bad guy here. Nobody is suggesting that we hunt gingers for sport (although it would help keep their numbers in check). Do I wish all copper-pubes a gruesome death? No. Should they be left to live their days in peace? Absolutely. Would I like one living next door to me? Of course not, I'm already drowning in negative equity.

I'm just the vocalisation of what we're all thinking; I'm putting a spotlight on the elephant in the room. I bare the Fanta Pants no ill-will. None of us do. We wish them well. We're just suggesting that they might -- I repeat, might -- be happier living exclusively among their own on a small-to-medium sized island somewhere, preferably downwind.

Do you not think it's safer for us to mingle with normal people? Gingers breeding with gingers will inevitably result in more gingers. However those willing to cross-breed are actually helping in the cause to eliminate gingers. There is only a 50/50 chance in that case the child will come out a ginger!

PS. Not all gingers have ginger pupes :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

Here's a few pics of what you could call above-average redheads that I spotted today in the Dublin area.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 sunstar

I find the phrase 'ginger' highly insulting and degrading.people always use this word to slag people with red hair so its connotations for me are always negative.:(please stop using that...

the way the OP has phrased the question-"redheads attractive or not?" insinuates that a person can be unattractive solely based on their hair colour.this is ridiculous......obviously everyone has different preferences-from the girl who loves the typical tall,dark and handsome guy- to the guy who prefers blondes to brunettes or reds to blonde etc etc you know what i mean...

there are stunners with blonde,brown,black,any hair colour, but as someone already pointed out in this thread a stunner who has red hair is more noticable than the others because their hair colour is not as common.

as a child i longed for any other hair colour because as a child you want to blend in with everyone and you hear the odd sneers which could influence you..but then i grew up and realised why would i want to be the same as the other 98% of the worlds population?

in todays world everybody is looking for some originality.dont hate just because we were born with a little bit of originality already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

sunstar wrote: »
    but then i grew up and realised why would i want to be the same as the other 98% of the worlds population?

99%. And you are blessed. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Some of the finest women I have ever seen have been red heads. Awesomness incarnate I say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

It absolutely KILLS me to admit it, but, Im the youngest of 7 kids, and my eldest sister has red hair, and green eyes, 5 kids and is a fooking stunner, and I mean a stunner.... she would beat victoria principle hands down..and my other half is ginger, and he's a sex god.... ginger minger me arse, I reckon they're more sexy than hum drum blondes/brunettes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,121 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

sunstar wrote: »
    I find the phrase 'ginger' highly insulting and degrading.people always use this word to slag people with red hair so its connotations for me are always negative.:(please stop using that...

the way the OP has phrased the question-"redheads attractive or not?" insinuates that a person can be unattractive solely based on their hair colour.this is ridiculous......obviously everyone has different preferences-from the girl who loves the typical tall,dark and handsome guy- to the guy who prefers blondes to brunettes or reds to blonde etc etc you know what i mean...

there are stunners with blonde,brown,black,any hair colour, but as someone already pointed out in this thread a stunner who has red hair is more noticable than the others because their hair colour is not as common.

as a child i longed for any other hair colour because as a child you want to blend in with everyone and you hear the odd sneers which could influence you..but then i grew up and realised why would i want to be the same as the other 98% of the worlds population?

in todays world everybody is looking for some originality.dont hate just because we were born with a little bit of originality already.
    convincing argument. If you weren't a ginge and therefore the spawn of satan himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Some of the finest women I have ever seen have been red heads. Awesomness incarnate I say!

+1, Jacobs haven't a cracker like a red head!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Saw one last night in the brog and she was the best looking woman in there by miles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 sunstar

convincing argument. If you weren't a ginge and therefore the spawn of satan himself.

thats a disgusting thing to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

I went out with a redhead once, no hair just a red head:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Nothing look as nice as a woman with long red hair down the length of her back.red hair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

el diablo wrote: »
    Here's a few pics of what you could call above-average redheads that I spotted today in the Dublin area.

*Runs To The Hills* Hideous. I hope it is not a true reflection of red heads in general.

DenMan wrote: »
    *Runs To The Hills*

Thanks very much! :rolleyes:

One of to those in my known your nerds.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Some fcker at a house party last night just referred to me as "Ginger" for the whole night. I have a name you know!

Twee. wrote: »
    Some fcker at a house party last night just referred to me as "Ginger" for the whole night. I have a name you know!

You do realise that being a redhaired woman is different.
    You can stomp on someones nuts and get away with it because sure it is the nature of the animal.
    Use the gift in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Thanks very much! :rolleyes:

One of to those in my known your nerds.

Have you posted a pic yet?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

You can stomp on someones nuts and get away with it because sure it is the nature of the animal.
    Use the gift in future.

Thank you wise flame haired lady!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Use the gift in future.

There would be some slightly redder blood on the ground if that happened to me...

• Advertisement

Have you posted a pic yet?

I don't do pics.

There would be some slightly redder blood on the ground if that happened to me...

Foreplay....nice. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

any port in a storm tbh

I don't do pics.

I'll make it worth your while.;)

Quantify this inducement!

I'll buy you booze at the next boards beers. ;)

if its in Galway

I'll buy you booze at the next boards beers. ;)

if its in Galway

I don't drink.

I don't drink.

:eek:

What do you want so?

Lolz you don't want to see me topless.

• Advertisement

You don't want to see my head either. :D

I don't know, might give me a lol. :pac:

what's happening here? I posted some pics of some typical minging gingers a couple of weeks back but they've been removed. is the mod a ginger? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭ShellBell1

I think redheads are attractive.

shirley-manson.jpg Eastender.Charlie.Clements.JPG lindred.jpg ashred.jpg maureen-ohara3.jpg 506x316_philip3.jpg Julianne_Moore_107541.jpg lily%2520cole%2520is%2520not%2520our%2520favorite%2520model,%2520because%2520our%2520face%2520is%2520more%2520oval.jpg

rb7m.jpg main1.jpg 0000043388_20070924154814.jpg sarah_cawood.jpg

kelson_profile.jpg gilliananderson.jpg 0153.jpg what-are-they-up-to-debra-messing.jpg

nicola-roberts-foto.jpg lena%2520katina%2520100.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 EternitiesFlame

Dave! wrote: »
    Just my opinion, but all gingers should be executed at birth.
    Hey dickhead, its assholes like you that drove me to severe depression when I was 13. So give us a break, will you? we cop enough **** already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Hey dickhead, its assholes like you that drove me to severe depression when I was 13. So give us a break, will you? we cop enough **** already

Cant imagine why people picked on you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 General Mayhem

You shouldn't take what's posted here so seriously.

Did it never occur to you that these "assholes" only teased you as a defence mechanism? That they may themselves have been traumatised by the sight of your downy ginger fur?

We're all victims here: the ginger because he is a ginger, and the gingee because he has to see gingers walking around, breathing the same air as him. Nobody wins in a ginger universe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Banned.

• Advertisement

Did it never occur to you that these "assholes" only teased you as a defence mechanism? That they may themselves have been traumatised by the sight of your downy ginger fur?

We're all victims here: the ginger because he is a ginger, and the gingee because he has to see gingers walking around, breathing the same air as him. Nobody wins in a ginger universe.
    So very true, my friend. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

el diablo wrote: »
    So very true, my friend. :)

Watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    The thing with redheads is that you're either hot or extremely pig arse ugly..........there is no in between and that's your downfall.

This cannot be any closer to the truth ahahah, +1

White eyebrows = pig arse ugly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

makes note: ginger zombies never die

stovelid wrote: »
    makes note: ginger zombies never die

Ginger zombie? I doubt there's such a thing. Zombies have their standards, after all.

But if a crazed scientist were to mate a ginger with a zombie, hence creating a terrifying chimera know as a 'Gombie', then God help us. God help us all...except the gingers, obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭GLUEY

I have auburn hair, I think? What is auburn? Anyway yeah auburn hair but black eyebrows? I know, I know.

Red haired women are sex!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I was never attracted to red-heads growing up.
    As a Kid for some reason I never trusted anyone with red hair.
    Also as a Kid I had this mis-guided theory that Red-Heads were always
    friendly and funny to compensate for their poor looks.
    (It sounds terrible I know but at the time I was a kid)

Strawberry Blonde,
    Very fair or red haired eyelashes,
    Natural sterotypical Irish Red hair with
    pale skin that burns too easy, and flushes to red patchyness,
    and freckles never ever done it for me. Ginger Pubes
    is a real turn off for me. (I dont mean any offence to anyone
    with red hair it just does not float my boat)

With that said there are some stunning looking women with
    Different skin and hair tones that I find very attractive:

Gina Holden when she was in Flash Gorden series.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1248373/

Amanda Righetti from the Mentalist:
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1119462/

Robin Tunney when she was in the Craft.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000677

Cassidy Freeman when she was in Smallville:
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2336905/

Belinda Carlisle was always a babe and probably the only
    ginger I fancied growing up....

Jessica Rabbit:
    http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2008/04/23/jessica-rabbit-1.jpg

The Girl from the Japanese McDonalds add, and Mila Jovovich!!
    http://www.lowculture.com/archives/images/milla_ronald_mcdonald.jpg

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 southie

i think that this anti ginger or ginger/minger is just about the only form of discrimination that there is absolutly nothin done about. its used in the widespread in the media and its passed off as some kind of harmless joke, im at the age now where i have grown up with this crap and have developed a think skin but i think of the younger kids starting out in school and going through secondary school, bullys dont need a whole lot of ammo to pick on someone and when the media is spouting this crap and openly bullying everyred head its playing right into bullys hands.

Sometimes i get to angry i would love to sue those damn stations and presenters that think that this is acceptable behaviour. If they started at any other group of people the way they do us readheads there would be a public outcry, even on boards i often see the same crap "ugly redheads" there are plenty ugly blondes and brunetts as well. Just get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Terry wrote: »
    Nicole Kidman, Kari Byron and me. Case closed.

Is that your example of the...

Good, The Bad, The Ugly?

Bonito wrote: »
    She's not a ginger....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement