Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Results - The Aftermath!

Options
  • 14-08-2007 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Yes this is the night before but it might as well be ready for tomorrow morning, so how did you all do? Better, worse or as expected?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

No offence mate, but by tomorrow morning/afternoon, this thread will be quite a bit down the page, so loads more will spring up. Hopefully not though. Oh, and btw, I did better than expected:p...I ****** wish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

well i think i can post my reply now : got what i wanted points wise (only need 370) but i failed maths :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Im leaving in a minute to go down to the school but I could not be any more nervous, my nerves are shattered :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 doria gray

Got 465 need 470, what do i do now??!! :eek: :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Got 400 ^_^ expected about 340. ****ing delighted!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

doria gray wrote:
    Got 465 need 470, what do i do now??!! :eek: :confused:

You dont know what you need yet. you'll have to wait for the offer but for now just hope for rhe best. offers out next monday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Friend just text me..he got 530. Well done to him :)

I must wait to get them online...this is irritating!

Oh well.
    Good luck to everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

weird, a friend of mine got 550 and is devastated cos she wanted to do veterinary. shes crying and all cos it was 550* last year. and im like its fcuking brilliant..... i've to wait til my lazy principal gives them out at 11:mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Got 525 so prettty happy.

Needed 550 for my first choice though so a little disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

I got 545! I'm delighted, I'll be doing Financial And Actuarial Mathematics in DCU now. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Well im cheesed off but happy at the same time!

What is peeing me off is the fact that i got wait for it! A D2 in English!!!:eek:

Also disappointed with Geography abit but chuffed with Maths and Physics!!

I'll list them.

Irish (O) B1

rest honours

English D2!!

Maths C1

Geography B2

French C1

Physics B2 Come on!

Biology B1

So 435 pointers and should be enough to get into Trinners, you dont need an honours in English to get in do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Depends on the course but I doubt it.

I'd say they marked the Physics really easily as I had worked out mathematically that I wouldn't get an A1....but I did.....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭qwertyface

I needed 450 for my course, wanted 500 to get a grant. Expected about 485. I got 550!! I'm in shock... Good shock! I honestly did not expect anything like that!! BUt all my friends did well too so maybe we rub off each other...

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭fitzgese

[QUOTE=carlowboy

I'd say they marked the Physics really easily as I had worked out mathematically that I wouldn't get an A1....but I did.....:confused:[/QUOTE]

agreed. got the a1 in it myself and i thought there was no possible way. the same goes for history. thought it was a bitch of a paper but they must have marked it real easy because i got an a1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Ah I'm so close it's SO annoying! Got 495 and need 510 1st round, 500 2nd round, but that could change I suppose, that could drop!

English H A1 WTF!
    Irish H B2 Dissapointed there, it's one of the ones I'm looking at for appealing
    Maths O D1 Hahaha, enough to get me in though
    French H B2, lol awesome
    History B3 :mad: :mad: Ahh! Thought that'd be the A. Looking at/appealing
    Geography H A2 Wooo..that won't go up in appealing anyway, might try..
    Biology H C1 Heh, the effort in getting that. Dragged me down, appealing...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

fitzgese wrote:
    the same goes for history. thought it was a bitch of a paper but they must have marked it real easy because i got an a1

Ha, no-one in my school got the A1. Everyone's on B's tbh...and I'm SO ANNOYED at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

540 points. My pride is suitably massaged. Only needed about 350.

Anyways

English A1 (couldnt believe it! What a result!)
    Irish B3 (absolutely delighted! I hate irish and we had a crpa new teacher the last while. I am so grateful the our good old teacher cause its him who helped me get this)
    French C3 (expected. satisfied)
    Phys/Chem A1 ( My banker has paid dividends. Satisfied)
    Maths A2 ( HOLY F**KBALLS! Totally unexpected! Bloody brilliant)
    Biology A2 ( Slightly above what I thought what Id get. Happy)
    Geography B1 ( Ill be honest and say im a bit dissappointed with this. Expected an A2 at least. Thankfully the rest of them make up for it :):) )
    LCVP Distinction (Satisfied and expected)

I am incredibly happy with my 540 points. :):):D And all earned 100% grinds free. Its all my own (well and my teacheres :p)achievement with no need to play the grinds game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Taekwon-joe

Congrats to all of you.

I got 440 myself. B1 in higher maths :D I dont even need that many. At most I think I needed around 350 (computer science :D).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I got 580, which should be enough for AFS
    A1s in Applied Maths, Physics, Chemistry and English

A2s in Irish, Business (bit disappointed in these) and Maths (even though i though i had done crap in paper 2)

B3 in French (couldn't give a ****e about french)

/edit: oh that's 100% grinds free yay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

English (H) A1
    Maths (H) A2
    Biology (H) A1
    Physics (H) A1
    Geography (H) A2
    French (H) B1
    Irish (O) B1

565 altogether. Needed 390

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

My course is 355 and i got 405, i cant fcuking believe it, i really didnt expect to do this well :)

English H B3 Cant believe that, after my awful paper1

Geography H B3 Thought i would get around this and it was a big step from D2 in pre.

Physics H B3 Wtf!! i thought i failed this!

Economics H B3 Class, what i was expecting.

Maths O A1 What i was aiming for and i got it.

German O B1 A nice suprise, i thought i would do better in irish.

Irish O B3 meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Congrats to all of you.

I got 440 myself. B1 in higher maths :D I dont even need that many. At most I think I needed around 350 (computer science :D).

Congratz, therez a good bit of maths in CS so B1 is great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

In fairness, the physics was tough, they'd have had to mark fairly easily to keep in line with the curve thing.. butyay I got my A1 in it! *dance*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 curlysue18

I got 465, i'm pretty darn happy :D
    I got a B1 in Biology i was all wtf - i seriously thought i failed that:eek:

Needed 420 for my first choice course, so this is so much better than i expected :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Extreme-LoopZ

I got 460, but I'm dissapointed, even though I got my first choice. Like I wanted over 500. I'm getting Irish appealed, a c ****ing 2? f*ck that. Got an a1 in english though, that was a nice suprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I got 460, but I'm dissapointed, even though I got my first choice. Like I wanted over 500. I'm getting Irish appealed, a c ****ing 2? f*ck that. Got an a1 in english though, that was a nice suprise.

Why do you care if you got your college course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Extreme-LoopZ

yeh I know, I'm happy about that, but I just feel that I deserved more than I got, that's all....

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

When I did my leaving my pal got an A1 in English whereas I got an A2. Now I was always miles better at English than her and she kept saying to me she was sure there was a mistake and I should get it re-checked!! I had cleared my course by 60 points so I really didn't feel the need!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Sean_K wrote:
    I got 580, which should be enough for AFS
    A1s in Applied Maths, Physics, Chemistry and English

A2s in Irish, Business (bit disappointed in these) and Maths (even though i though i had done crap in paper 2)

B3 in French (couldn't give a ****e about french)

/edit: oh that's 100% grinds free yay

Its so more satisfying to do it alone !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

Got a Higher B1 in Maths, something I really didn't expect. Also got Highers B1's in Biology, Business and Higher B2 in Chemistry...and just only got a Higher B3 in Geography...which isn't too bad.

In ordinary, I got a B1 in Irish, expected a C3....

Not too bad....Got 465 points total...the BEST in my school.

Advertisement