Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Results - The Aftermath!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Cateym wrote:
    When I did my leaving my pal got an A1 in English whereas I got an A2. Now I was always miles better at English than her and she kept saying to me she was sure there was a mistake and I should get it re-checked!! I had cleared my course by 60 points so I really didn't feel the need!!! :D

Exactly you got your course move on and forget about it. I think in every course on the first day one of the first things you are told is forget about school, this is nothin like school, it doesn't matter how bad/good you done in school so forget it all. Plus no job I have even encountered cares about your LC, if you have a college qualification.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

Exactly you got your course move on and forget about it. I think in every course on the first day one of the first things you are told is forget about school, this is nothin like school, it doesn't matter how bad/good you done in school so forget it all. Plus no job I have even encountered cares about your LC, if you have a college qualification.

Listen up and listen good. This is the best piece of advice you will ever get. After the offers come out, your LC will never matter again. Don't get bloomin' bogged down with a few marks here and there!! It doesn't matter in the long run a bit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

A1 - English, French, Geography, Classics, Maths (OL)
    A2 - Biology
    B1 - Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Cateym wrote:
    Listen up and listen good. This is the best piece of advice you will ever get. After the offers come out, your LC will never matter again. Don't get bloomin' bogged down with a few marks here and there!! It doesn't matter in the long run a bit!!

Amen to that! /me starts drinking

See im forgetting it already :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Got exactly what I expected...385. First choice was 350, so I've some points to play with, but i'll easily get in with that.

Irish(O)-B2...Sidenote: Ya should have seen the teachers face when I told her, she was expecting me to scrap a D in it...I love being laid-back!

English(H)-C3...happy with this, well, moreso my mother.

Maths(H)-C2...absolutely delighted with this, I was hoping to scrap a C3, but I'm still kinda in shock at it.

History(H)-B1..boo-******-ya! Was kinda dreaming of an A before the exam, then after it I was hoping I'd get a B, but not sure. Delighted with that.

French(H)-D1...horrible. Thought it went well. Application for re-check already gone

Physics(O)-A2...happy. thought I got along this line after it and I did. An A always looks good

Accounting(H)-C1...with the way this exam went, it was the best I could have hoped for, and I got it, so I'm happy-ish with it.

At first I though I got 370, then it was 375, then it was 385. I couldnt count them somehow, dont know whaere it went wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Got 545.

a1s in english and accounting
    a2 in maths
    b1s in business, geo and french

So ****ing pissed about french and business got a1s in the pres and at xmas, going to view those.

Have my course anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Lucas10101 wrote:
    Got a Higher B1 in Maths, something I really didn't expect. Also got Highers B1's in Biology, Business and Higher B2 in Chemistry...and just only got a Higher B3 in Geography...which isn't too bad.

In ordinary, I got a B1 in Irish, expected a C3....

Not too bad....Got 465 points total...the BEST in my school.

Everyone it seems did amazing in my school

Huge proportion got above 400 points

Loads of 500+'s and this is a Public School.

Also didn't hear the results of the expected 600pt contenders

Off to partake in a game of golf where the loser must down a can at each hole!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

English - A1
    Irish - A1
    History - A1
    German - A2
    Maths - B1
    Classics - B1
    Japanese - B2
    Physics - C1

560, grinds free in a community school. I'm really happy. Irish especially. Sometimes it's more than a grade, like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Whats the story with all the A1's in English. Everybody in the thread got one.:rolleyes:

Was the paper easier this year? or unbelievably hard and they scared so many they marked it easy? They do that on occasion.

No disrespect to those who got one, success is always deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

We're probably the ones bursting to tell everyone, like the verbose **** we are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭DtotheK

need 495 got 500 ... hopefully the points wont rise by much!!

got an A1 in maths
    A2 in TG(deleighted!)
    B2 /B3 in others
    C2 irish
    8 honours subjects in total

i think physics and chemistry were weird, our year did quite bad , only 6 As in chemistry and 5 As in physics between everyone who did them, and the teachers expected >15 As in each, so hopefully a recheck may boost my mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Got 545, need 440ish.. Im delighted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Whats the story with all the A1's in English. Everybody in the thread got one.:rolleyes:

Was the paper easier this year? or unbelievably hard and they scared so many they marked it easy? They do that on occasion.

No disrespect to those who got one, success is always deserved.
    If only every boards user got A1's in English, then we'd have no text speak or grammar to worry about. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Cremo wrote:
    If only every boards user got A1's in English, then we'd have no text speak or grammar to worry about. :D

Amen to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

Irish O C1

English H C1

Maths H D2

Geography H B3

French H D1

Business H A1

Economics H C2

LCVP C Distinction

Irish-My Only pass subject, could not care less.

English- Might have scraped a B but happy enough

Maths- should have done pass but at least i passed

Geography- was expecting to get higher, maybe a B1

French- went down on pre, expected more

Business- well deserved and expected

Economics- Will be viewing this, expected at least a B2, there is always one

LCVP- Delighted, thought i messed it up by not finishing written paper

CAO Points- 435
    My level 8 first Preference Commerce UCC 2006- 435

As expected this will be close, nervous few days ahead but may take i look at a few scripts, will this Leaving Cert ever end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Choice 1
    DT358 Logistics & Supply Chain Management 280

Choice 2
    CW507 Aircraft Systems Institute of Technology 250

Choice 3
    CW918 Supply Chain Management (points?)

Got 320, and fairly sure I'll get one of these courses.

Was not expecting an A1 in Irish tho :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

A1s in Physics, Chemistry and Irish
    A2s in English, Maths and App Maths
    B1 in History
    B2 in French

I've very happy, though how I got an A2 in English, I don't know. Loadsa eople who got As in the mocks got Bs and Cs. funny how it works sometimes. I'm gonna view my 3 A2 papers(out of sheer curiousity more than anything). Only paper I'd really bother having rechecked would be Maths, though unless I see a glaring mistake I'm not gonna bother, since it's a bit pretentious in the first place to recheck an A2 paper when you've a 215 point surplus.

And that's all without grinds, revision guides or giving any money to any 3rd party company - and in a public school baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

450, need around 380 so YAY! :)

only got a B3 in irish which is a bit disappointing and i really wanted an A1 in music but got an A2 but who gives a crap, i passed!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

JC 2K3 wrote:
    And that's all without grinds, revision guides or giving any money to any 3rd party company - and in a public school baby!

nothing wrong with public schools although i'm sure you didn't mean it that way :p.

in fact when i was doing my leaving 2 years ago i had what i call the best accounting teacher in ireland.

he predicted every single word - yes word - on the 2005 paper not to mention what questions would come up. he also knew his stuff and how to teach it and in a class of about 11 students only two people didn't get A1's, i wasn't one of the two by the way :D. the other two got a B1 and A2

fair play to ya's all though, now life actually begins :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Yeah, it's more that I've been arguing against private schools for the past year on here, and so far I think the highest results on here have been from public schools.

Might as well throw it out there that public schools are just as good any chance you get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Here is my results:

<edit>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭bryanw

English (H) - B3 :: WTF! Biggest surprise of the lot. I hate English and didn't even study!

Tech. Drawing (H) - C1 :: Also higher than expected. Though I would have just managed a C3.

French (H) - C1 :: Though I would have managed a B considering I thought the exam went fine. Probably messed up in the oral - oh well.

Irish (H) - C2 :: Makes doing higher worthwhile, although I did expect a little better.

Chemistry (H) - C2 :: I'm pleased with this, as the exam went way worse for me than I expected.

Physics (H) - C3 :: Was expecting a C of some sort, though hoping for a little higher.

Maths (H) - D3 :: So relieved, was worried about this one afterwards! I don't know what happened, paper 1 was fine then paper 2 was just shíte for me.

405 points. Should be ok for my first CAO choice. Based on last year I need around 370. Only need the pass in higher Maths, although my teacher said before the LC said that I'm well capable of getting a C, B or maybe even and A. Overall, some I did better and some worse than I expected, balances out I guess. No appeals for me, don't see the point if I get what I want. I'll be up at 6am on Monday awaiting an offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,933 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Irish-Ordinary: B1 Better than the mock

English-Higher: B3 (My fav subject and went from a C3 to B1 so am happy)

Maths-Ordinary: B3 Needed a B3 for my course

History-Higher: D3 I am SO disappointed with it

French-Ordinary: B2 Quite happy, kinda wish i kept up honours though

Biology-Higher: C1 I can't believe this considering i failed the mocks and the only reason i didn't move to pass on the day was coz i couldn't find the examiner. guess everything happens for a reason

Accounting-Higher: D3 I was getting grinds and did better in the mocks so i am dissappointed

In all i got 320 points...i needed 330. Lets pray the points drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

Need at least 445 so a bit disappointed but OK.
    French let me down (B3) from a B1 in the pre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭______

got 420, need 350.

seems like my mother thinks i'm doing a different course though:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

525:

A1 - Gaeilge, Geography
    B1 - Maths
    B2 - English, Physics, Economics
    B3 - French

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Geez... What's up with all the high 500s? Making the rest of us feel bad :p

Anyway, I got 515 which I'm happy with! First choice was 545 but my second and third choice (Psych too but in different colleges) were only 500 so I've got 15 points surplus to get into them so just hoping!!! To be honest I don't really mind not getting into Trinity if I just get anywhere :p

Results were...

Irish - B1 Pretty happy with this! B2 in the mocks. Lack of study let me down for an A :)

English - A1 YAY! Been an A1 student all throughout this year, so I was depending on this a bit! Thought I'd under performed on the day though so this was a HUGE relief

Maths - B3 Not too bad! Thought paper 2 raped me in comparison to a great paper 1. Fairly happy, wasn't expecting any more really

Spanish - A2 Happy enough, would've loved an A1 but what can you do?

Art - B2 Same as the mocks. History section was my downfall.. why didn't I study more?? :p

Applied Maths - B3 Yay! D2 in the mocks? How the hell did that happen? :p

Chemistry - C3 I don't care! Ceased to work at it after the mocks, D3 woulda been fine for me :) Quite relieved since I thought I coulda failed it :p

Music - B1 Kinda dissapointed in this one... Was hoping for an A...

Overall I'm happy with my points, but dissapointed by a few grades. Went up 15 from the mocks, and should get my place so that's the most important thing! Congrats to everyone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

English O b2
    maths O b2
    accounting O b1
    business O A1
    Chem H c1
    Biology H b3
    Spanish H A1
    Portuguse H A1

Got 450, but only need 310, still im very happy :) Really thought i was gonna get an E in chemistry..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 moggins

if everyone is gettin higher points than they needed wont this jus mean that the points for all the courses will rise.. this could really **** ppl up... im happy tho got 375 needed 300. ye F**KERS with 400 an 500's better not be doin science in nuim.. ill keel ye

Advertisement