Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Results - The Aftermath!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

moggins wrote:
    if everyone is gettin higher points than they needed wont this jus mean that the points for all the courses will rise.. this could really **** ppl up... im happy tho got 375 needed 300. ye F**KERS with 400 an 500's better not be doin science in nuim.. ill keel ye

Results have been inline with with the last 5 years or so. So all indications are that most course will be around the same (+/- 5 or 10 points, or no change at all).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

moggins wrote:
    if everyone is gettin higher points than they needed wont this jus mean that the points for all the courses will rise.. this could really **** ppl up... im happy tho got 375 needed 300. ye F**KERS with 400 an 500's better not be doin science in nuim.. ill keel ye
    I don't see how it's gonna fúck people up.

If the people who got 400-500 applied for say, course that was 300 points last year and the lowest points person was 350, then the 300-350 points people would miss out, yes. But if those who got 400-500 points got just over 300, there's a chance that they could miss out and then they'd be fúcked.

I mean, are you trying to imply that only those getting low points should do the low points courses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭melsman

JC 2K3 wrote:

I've very happy, though how I got an A2 in English, I don't know. Loadsa eople who got As in the mocks got Bs and Cs. funny how it works sometimes.

same in our school that is very weird, i got a c1 in the mocks and got an a2 today!
    got 565 overall, and only need 450 for acounting&finance in dcu so im thrilled
    all higher:
    geography a1
    biology a1
    accounting a1
    english a2
    irish a2
    maths b1- i got 42% in the mocks, over the moon with this
    french b1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

JC 2K3 wrote:

I mean, are you trying to imply that only those getting low points should do the low points courses?

So true, I cleared my course by over 100 points(I know cao monday etc) and I will be damn happy to get that said course.
    I also applied for DCU computer applications and that course requires 300 or so points which I could have "bought" with my points score.
    But I didn't, I could not imagine trying to get out to DCU everyday where I live.
    20 or so people in most classes in DIT is appealing too, as is the city center location, as is the course content.
    Moral of the story->don't accept offers solely on "points" [/end rant]

melsman wrote:
    same in our school that is very weird,
    This is pure speculation, but I've a feeling that the cliché'd answers were marked down, whereas people like me, who wrote more original, less learned off stuff were rewarded.

• Advertisement

JC 2K3 wrote:
    This is pure speculation, but I've a feeling that the cliché'd answers were marked down, whereas people like me, who wrote more original, less learned off stuff were rewarded.

youre probably right but im shocked because ive been a C-student all my life at english, but on the day knew i wrote a killer essay and macbeth Q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

590- Fcukin delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭KarmaCreep

I got a B2 in English and didn't finish either paper. I'm feckin delighted cause i did a tonne of work for that subject and if it wasn't for Hayfever i reckon i would've got an A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

KarmaCreep wrote:
    I got a B2 in English and didn't finish either paper. I'm feckin delighted cause i did a tonne of work for that subject and if it wasn't for Hayfever i reckon i would've got an A.

<edit>

Gangsta wrote:
    590- Fcukin delighted!
    would that A2 not be slightly bothering ya??:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

A D2 in English!!!:eek:

You're not alone there - don't know what happened, seeing as I got a B2 in the mocks :o

Are you getting a re-check?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Gangsta wrote:
    590- Fcukin delighted!

*slaps Gangtsa in the face*

only messing, delighted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Mine:

Irish (O) B1

The rest higher:

English C2 (happy)
    Maths B3 (happy)
    Geography A2 (very happy)
    Spanish C1 (very disappointed, wil prob appeal)
    Physics C1 (ok)
    Business A2 (slightly disappointed, expecting my A1)

Got 460 points altogether.
    Looking for MSISS (420 in 2006) so should hopefully get it :D

melsman wrote:
    youre probably right but im shocked because ive been a C-student all my life at english, but on the day knew i wrote a killer essay and macbeth Q
    Well, you've probably had the same teacher for at least the last 2 years.

I was a B2-A2 student in 5th year, but when we got a new teacher in 6th year I went down to a C2/C3 student.

It's all very subjective. Without wanting to sound arrogant, I think my A2 had a lot to do with a corrector being annoyed reading the same kinda crap recycled in every paper, while mine was a bit "different", if you know what I mean.

Mine:

All Higher

English - B2
    Irish - A2
    Maths - D2
    French - C1
    History - C1
    Geography - C2
    LCVP - Pass

=430:D

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

moggins wrote:

i got 580, I'm doing science in NUIM. Bring it on:D

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Well, you've probably had the same teacher for at least the last 2 years.

I was a B2-A2 student in 5th year, but when we got a new teacher in 6th year I went down to a C2/C3 student.

It's all very subjective. Without wanting to sound arrogant, I think my A2 had a lot to do with a corrector being annoyed reading the same kinda crap recycled in every paper, while mine was a bit "different", if you know what I mean.
    even for the JC i always got a C in tests (2 different teachers in 5 years) anyways im not complaining;)
    youre not being arrogant at all because originality always comes up trumps (sorry for the cliché) in the end......... sgt.pepper lonely hearts club band is proof:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

My grades are as follows:

English: A1 - Have to admit I wasn't expecting this. Loads of people got A1s in english from what I can see. The examiners must have been feeling generous
    Irish: A2 - delighted
    Maths (OL): A1 - oddly enough I'm proud of this grade the most, even though its technically my lowest result
    French: B2 - what I was hoping for, what I was expecting
    History: B2 - thought I might have gotten a B1 or an A2 but I'm not complaining
    Biology: A2 - I was probably one mark away from the A1
    Music: A1 - Over the moon with this! I didn't think I was in with a chance of getting the A1 since I made some mistakes in the written paper, but how wrong I was! My music teacher was also ecstatic

So as you can see I'm extremely happy with my 540 points. Its higher than I was expecting and I didn't give a cent to Deise College! (Deise college = local study centre/ grindhouse. Moneyspinner ftw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

gaelige (o) B2

english (H) B2

LCVP (C) merit WTF!!! supposed to be a DISTINCTION

*Maths (H) A1 worked hard for it and well deserved...

*Physics (H) A1 omg, i was sure in my head i was gna get an A2

*Biology (H) A1 well deserved

*Tec d (H) A1 Seriously, WTF, i was SURE this was an A2/B1

*Chem (H) A2 Dissappointed, gonna get it appealed

*App. m (H) A2 (slightly) dissapointed with this, was sure of the A1. my appeal is aleady gone in for it.

Altogether, that gives me 580, I was hoping for Med in TCD, which was 590 last year, i believe. probably wont get it TBH but i'm delighted anyway:) :):)

o, ye, i didnt go to any of those grinds schools or get any grinds for that matter. just an average public school and alot of determination and hard work

Congrats sd123. Sure you could always get UCD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Happy bunny here. Should get first preference.

Can't believe I got a B2 in physics. Was sure it would be a fail or a D.

Got my honour in music for making up the answers to questions we'd never covered in any way or form.

ethernet wrote:
    Happy bunny here. Should get first preference.

Can't believe I got a B2 in physics. Was sure it would be a fail or a D.

Got my honour in music for making up the answers to questions we'd never covered in any way or form.

I did that in Geography. It worked like a charm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

Anyone know the average percentages each year for successful appeals i.e Ones that increase the grade, and of course, those that aren't successful and the result go down?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

You can check on the examinations.ie website I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Same points as you Gangsta - gratz mate, and everyone else too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

needed to be comfortable : 300

wanted : greater than 550, my mock result

got : 580

boo yah.

also no grinds school or outside help of any kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I got 500, history was as bad as I expected (B3) but nevertheless I got the minimum for me to be happy. Time to party!!!

Anyone get their results while drunk?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

BrightEyes wrote:
    I got 500, history was as bad as I expected (B3) but nevertheless I got the minimum for me to be happy. Time to party!!!

Anyone get their results while drunk?

No but I'm a bit drunk now does that count?

qz wrote:
    No but I'm a bit drunk now does that count?

Me too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

well i think i can post my reply now : got what i wanted points wise (only need 370) but i failed maths :(

i was right too, got 380 and an E in maths :P re-checks here i come :P

Advertisement