Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Results - The Aftermath!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

KarmaCreep wrote:
    Me too

Alcohol + internet = EPIC LULZ? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Toolbag

There's so many people **** at maths... what's going on???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

i cant do maths for my life, that coupled with no teacher for 7 months = failure

I only got my A2 by focusing inordinate amounts of time towards it to the detriment to others. Cant believe I did better in Maths than Geography. Geog was supposed to be one of my A bankers. Thankfully the others made up for it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭KarmaCreep

I only got my A2 by focusing inordinate amounts of time towards it to the detriment to others. Cant believe I did better in Maths than Geography. Geog was supposed to be one of my A bankers. Thankfully the others made up for it :D

I did fcuk all study in both those subjects and focused my work on my two favourites (History and English). You can imagine how pissed off I am to get a C1 in History when I deserved an A2.

• Advertisement

I can imagine that would be annoying!

I can imagine that would be annoying!

Yep. But it won't make any difference if i get it checked so I won't bother. Who wants to go to Trinity anyway? St Pats FTW!

All those posh people would be annoying anyways :p

All those posh people would be annoying anyways :p

Yep. And Pats is full of women apparently.:D it's gonna be a fun year.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

:D welll done everyone!!

General concensus seems to be that everyone is pretty happy!!

I was delighted with mine, burst into tears when i added up the points...which is very weird cus im not emotional...at all!! :)

Got 540, much more than expected, and will hopefully get me into Trinity..(i think i can deal with all the posh people!! ;) )

Anyone else think they went easy on us in History?? My paper was disgraceful....well i thought it was....Woodrow Wilson essay turned into 4 pages on the Versailles Peace Treaty!! But managed an A2, which was a shocker!!

Well done again everyone...good job!!

*high fives all round!! (Just practising my Ross O'Carroll Kelly-ness!! :D )

Now.....intoxication anyone??

• Advertisement

lilmizzme wrote:
    :D welll done everyone!!

General concensus seems to be that everyone is pretty happy!!

I was delighted with mine, burst into tears when i added up the points...which is very weird cus im not emotional...at all!! :)

Got 540, much more than expected, and will hopefully get me into Trinity..(i think i can deal with all the posh people!! ;) )

Anyone else think they went easy on us in History?? My paper was disgraceful....well i thought it was....Woodrow Wilson essay turned into 4 pages on the Versailles Peace Treaty!! But managed an A2, which was a shocker!!

Well done again everyone...good job!!

*high fives all round!! (Just practising my Ross O'Carroll Kelly-ness!! :D )

Now.....intoxication anyone??

My History paper was graded really hard. I should've got an A2 but I got a C1. Load of bollocks really.

I was gonna go to Trinity( i would have had enuf points) but then i decided screw it Im going to Galway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

570!!!!! Can't believe it! I was so sure I'd just scrape 500! Was in floods too...

English - A1 (couldn't believe that, didn't expect it.)
    Irish - A1 (ditto)
    French - A1 (sort of guessed that)
    Latin - A1 (didn't expect either!)
    History - A2 (after my shocking paper, I SO didn't expect that!)
    Biology - B2 (up from a D in the pre)

and not counting Maths - C2

All honours, no grinds, and a public school! Public school ftw!

Congratulations everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

445- needed 440 for my first choice, which was Communications in DCU. Second choice was Media Art, DIT, only 420- I was so lucky!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Selphie wrote:
    570!!!!! Can't believe it! I was so sure I'd just scrape 500! Was in floods too...

English - A1 (couldn't believe that, didn't expect it.)
    Irish - A1 (ditto)
    French - A1 (sort of guessed that)
    Latin - A1 (didn't expect either!)
    History - A2 (after my shocking paper, I SO didn't expect that!)
    Biology - B2 (up from a D in the pre)

and not counting Maths - C2

All honours, no grinds, and a public school! Public school ftw!

Congratulations everybody!

Well done Well done. What public school is that considering im a fellow corkconian and all:D ?

Me: 730 days > leaving cert results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 moggins

lemansky wrote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by moggins
    "if everyone is gettin higher points than they needed wont this jus mean that the points for all the courses will rise.. this could really **** ppl up... im happy tho got 375 needed 300. ye F**KERS with 400 an 500's better not be doin science in nuim.. ill keel ye"

i got 580, I'm doing science in NUIM. Bring it on:D

ill see you there so.

i didn mean it to sound like ppl with high points should only go for high pt courses thats stupid.
    im just saying that there are of ppl hoping that the points will drop but they wont if most people got alot more than they wanted..:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Plissken1

Hey sure everyones a winner ! yeah I feel pumped ! .....its all become so neutral and dummed down these days.

I think the leaveing cert has become pretty obsolete, you don't even need it to do medecine anymore.

On the other hand, I always thought it was nuts anyway, that your life choices were decided by a silly exam you did when you were still a kid.

Going out and seeing the world first, before deciding what colleges or careers to go for, always seemed like a more sane way if living.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

off i go to appeal, 10 points off my first choice...
    will be happy wiv my second choice tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mr.X

565 points! yay.

A1- Biology, Chemistry, Maths, French.
    B1- English.
    B2- Irish, Geography.

I am getting irish rechecked as i'm possibly only 5 points from my first choice course medicine.

How come people are talking like they know the points already. You never know even if your appeal doesnt work out then you still mite get a points drop. If youre on the 10-5 points margin its hardly impossible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Im delighted i even passed the exam, my friend failed. i don't give a sh!t about points or college so heres mine.

1)Irish(foundation) E
    2)English(ord) C2
    3)Maths(foundation) B2
    4)Geography(higher) D1
    5)Technical drawing(ord) B2
    6)Accounting(ord) D2<<<<<<in the mocks I got 28%

Could someone tell me how many points it came too, I don't know about the points system.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Oatesy

130 i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

130 points, but you failed Irish and only did foundation maths, so I dunno how valid they are in the context of getting courses....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

KarmaCreep wrote:
    My History paper was graded really hard. I should've got an A2 but I got a C1. Load of bollocks really.

Same, got the B3 expecting A1/A2. What were your essays? I did Pearse/Nazis/Civil Rights..think they were marked harder than Bismarck/Wilson kinda stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

JC 2K3 wrote:
    130 points, but you failed Irish and only did foundation maths, so I dunno how valid they are in the context of getting courses....
    Ah no I don't want to go to college, foundation don't get people into college.
    *walks to the dole shop*

edit: My friend got 20 points and a big "NOT SUCESSFUL" at the bottem of the paper, i never laughed as much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

moggins wrote:
    ill see you there so.

i didn mean it to sound like ppl with high points should only go for high pt courses thats stupid.
    im just saying that there are of ppl hoping that the points will drop but they wont if most people got alot more than they wanted..:confused::confused:
    But the numerical value of points going up or down has nothing to do with it, it's the amount of people applying for a certain course.

For example, if there are 50 places in a course and 100 people apply, then the best 50 will get in and the other 50 WILL be disappointed. It doesn't matter what points anyone got.

That was probably for LCVP, the NOT SUCCESSFUL bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

melsman wrote:
    would that A2 not be slightly bothering ya??:D

Just slighty;)
    ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    Same points as you Gangsta - gratz mate, and everyone else too.

cheers mate, what did you get an A2 in? I got one in chemistry, tbh had a feeling I messed up in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

JSK 252 wrote:
    Well done Well done. What public school is that considering im a fellow corkconian and all:D ?

Me: 730 days > leaving cert results

Thanks. Regina Mundi in Douglas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TheInvisibleFie

Most people on here seem to have done really well. I got:
    A1-Maths (Ordinary)
    A2-Irish, Biology
    B1-Music, History
    B2-English
    B3-Spanish

So that's 505 points altogether in a public school and no grinds. I'm happy.

Advertisement