Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Results - The Aftermath!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Most people on here seem to have done really well. I got:
    A1-Maths (Ordinary)
    A2-Irish, Biology
    B1-Music, History
    B2-English
    B3-Spanish

So that's 505 points altogether in a public school and no grinds. I'm happy.
    Did anyone actually do really bad like i did or is it just me on my own?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Users of this board tend to quite academically inclined.

The national average is supposedly 200-300.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

I agree with you there JC, we all seem to have done extemely well, me own wee 535 included. Its seems that spending inordinate amounts of time scrolling through threads, 2 or 3 nights before the leaving starts is not a waste of valuable time afterall!

Woohoo for the Boardsies!! roll on College!!

and congrats everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Got 400, but needed 425. A D1 in French and a Merit in LCVP were my undoing, but I'm still gonna fight like hell to get that course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭bright

ENG H A1
    GEO H B1
    BIO H B1
    ECON H B1
    BUS H B2
    MUSIC H B3

FREN O B3
    IRISH O B3
    MATHS O B2

Last year my course was 475*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭KarmaCreep

Same, got the B3 expecting A1/A2. What were your essays? I did Pearse/Nazis/Civil Rights..think they were marked harder than Bismarck/Wilson kinda stuff.

I did Anglo-Irish relations 1923-49, Wilhelm 2 Naval Policy / Franco-German relations and The Soviet Union in WW2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

Got 525...I only needed 450 so I'm pretty chuffed!

Irish -H-A2
    French-H-A2
    Maths-H-B1
    Geog-H-B2
    Business-H-B2
    Art-H-B2

I Got afreakin A1 in English!!! I actually fell off my seat laughing! Like wtf? Its probably the subject I least expected to get an A1 in. Is anyone surprised that they got an A1 in English. they must have been marked really easily. Thats the only explanation I can think of. That or they completely fecked up the results and I have someone else's!!

Is anyone getting anything rechecked? I'm thinking of getting my business rechecked. I know I got the points so there is no need to, but,considering I am doing bussiness and chinese studies, I would like to go into my course with good previous results in the business area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Really annoyed with mine, even though by most standards I did well.

English-H-C2
    Maths-H-A1
    Physics-H-A1
    Economics-H-A2
    T.D-H-A1
    German-H-A2

English is an absolute joke, A2 in mocks and averaging A1's all the way through school, teacher rang this morning to tell me to have it rechecked. Rechecking economics aswell. I have my course but I need personal satisfaction more!

I got an A2 in English and was expecting a B2/B3.

My theory is they marked down cliché'd answers that seemed learned off, which is what a good proportion of "A-students" are likely to have written.

All speculation though.

EDIT: Sorry, that sounds a bit condescending. I don't mean any offense.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Well done on the results dan!

dan719 wrote:
    I have my course but I need personal satisfaction more!

That was what was worrying me tbh. I only needed 300 for my course but getting anything near that wasn't nearly enough to make me happy.I wanted at least 500(seeing as I want NUIM there was of course another reason for me aiming for that......;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Got 555,
    A1s in Math, Applied Math and physics.
    A2s in Chemistry and Biology.
    B3 in English...

Going to have a look at my biology and english tbh, might get them rechecked if I feel I coulda done better!

Glad to see very positive results from people on here, goodluck with future endeavours lads! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

lemansky wrote:
    Well done on the results dan!

That was what was worrying me tbh. I only needed 300 for my course but getting anything near that wasn't nearly enough to make me happy.I wanted at least 500(seeing as I want NUIM there was of course another reason for me aiming for that......;) )

Same to you, it was 580 you got wasn't it, that's a fantastic result altogether!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

dan719 wrote:
    Same to you, it was 580 you got wasn't it, that's a fantastic result altogether!:D

Yea thats the one alright. I'm very pleased with it! Although I'll say it again, i'm very surprised with maths. I was convinced that I had losy my A. I guess it just goes to show though, that you don't know if you've made one mistake or a thousand!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

No Pc at home, and this is 1st time online since results. so here's mine:
    Irish-OL-B2
    English-HL-B2
    Maths-OL-C1
    Home Ec-HL-C1
    French-HL-C3(So pissed off with that, I came out of the exam thinking I got a B)
    Business-HL-D2(I can justify this by saying that I had never sat a mock exam, thus not having really any clue on how to sit this exam)
    Ag Science-OL-C2
    LCVP-Merit

All in all, i got 350 points I'm happy in that bI've gotten the points i needed but pissed off that I didn't get a B in french and that I only got a Merit in LCVP. I thought m y work in LCVP was worthy of a distincetion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Is anyone surprised that they got an A1 in English. they must have been marked really easily.
    Is anyone getting anything rechecked?

Yeah I nearly died seeing the A1 in English. Same, least expected A1..was expecting History to be it! I had this god-awful short story, I worked that ballot box into the first two lines, then had this story about a young girl who gets pregnant in the 50s and ends up walking into the sea and drowning herself. It was pretty cheesy but I liked my eh language use in it. Also my comparative was 6 pages long so my unseen was a 5-line scribble...AND I did power in Macbeth which I'd never studied before, just bent kingship around it. Mad really.

I'm getting Irish, History, Geography, Biology and French sent back to the school to get looked at, need to go up by 5 points at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Gangsta wrote:
    cheers mate, what did you get an A2 in? I got one in chemistry, tbh had a feeling I messed up in it.

Got it in French, annoyed about that though cus 'twas the only subject I got an A1 in, along with TG, in the mocks. They put my name in the local papers too, so 'twas basically ego++ all the way lol. Apparently the med folk start on the 10th - can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Yeah I nearly died seeing the A1 in English. Same, least expected A1..was expecting History to be it! I had this god-awful short story, I worked that ballot box into the first two lines, then had this story about a young girl who gets pregnant in the 50s and ends up walking into the sea and drowning herself. It was pretty cheesy but I liked my eh language use in it. Also my comparative was 6 pages long so my unseen was a 5-line scribble...AND I did power in Macbeth which I'd never studied before, just bent kingship around it. Mad really.

I'm getting Irish, History, Geography, Biology and French sent back to the school to get looked at, need to go up by 5 points at least.

Put me in the surprised with their English A1 camp. I knew my paper 2 had been better but i thought my essay had been very weak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    Got it in French, annoyed about that though cus 'twas the only subject I got an A1 in, along with TG, in the mocks. They put my name in the local papers too, so 'twas basically ego++ all the way lol. Apparently the med folk start on the 10th - can't wait!
    Yeah mine was in there too but I forgot to buy it, don't really care anyway. No I'm going to do it in Dublin but two of my good friends are doin the 6yr course here so have fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

570!!!! WAAAAY more than i expected (up from 490 in the pres)

English (HL): A1 (yep,me too...there are rather a lot of us on this forum...kinda makes ya feel less special!!! oddly enough i hated english,but i was always good at it.strange...)

Irish (HL): A1 (heehee i beat the people who went to the gaelscoil! i reallly didnt expect this though because my stair na gaeilge was rubbish,nothing we studied came up....ah well,i wont complain! after this,its kinda disappointing that i'll probably never speak a word of irish again:rolleyes: )

Maths (HL): B2 (my lovely paper 2 made up for my wretched paper 1)

Geography (HL): A1 (obviously my examiner didnt discover i lied on my geog. investigation report :D i said it was 994 words,when it was over 1015. for those of you who didnt do geography,the report must be less than 1000 words...994 seemed a nice believable number.and evidently it was!!!)

French (HL): A2 (Mon Dieu!!! if someone out there did a good french paper,and is disappointed with their B3/C1, chances are there was a mix-up:you have my grade and i have your grade!!! seriously,how the hell i managed THIS i'll never know...the unexpected delight of my results!)

Physics (HL): A2 (kinda hoped for an A1 but doesnt matter)

Biology (HL): A2 (never cared about biology,so i'll just leave it alone...)

i went to a public school which has a reputation for being a bit "rough" but overall our results were pretty good.i couldnt go out and celebrate though coz im still not 18:( :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Put me in the surprised with their English A1 camp.

I want to join too! I thought my essay could have been stronger, and my comparative was two and three quarter pages. Also, I answered on Plath, when I badly wanted Kavanagh. Still, no complaints obviously. Just confusion.

• Advertisement

I read my third comparitive novel the week before the exam and only wrote 2 and 3/4 pages as well.....

I didn't think my Question A Part 1 on paper one was any good either.

But thinking back, everything else was rather good....

I'll see when I view it out of curiousity, I guess.

Advertisement