Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keano vs The Wags

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

If he was perfection, wat was Zidane, God?!

Not to get into this really, but there was one choice occasion when Keane met Zidane, guess who won :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

i
    But the above paragraph sums up my annoyance with the whole Keane situation. Footballing perfection?!!? He was an excellent player, granted, but perfection?! If he was perfection, wat was Zidane, God?!
    Plus in management wat has he done?! Spent a load of money and did really well to get Sunderland promoted. then they won a game in the 95th minute. Thats us up to speed of his managerial career, but, to you he is perfection?!?!?! He says himself, he has is unproven as a manager. did well last year, but thats only one year.

as for looking footballers and managers with holes?! Dont't even wanna know what you're talking about there :eek:

Who cares what he's done as a manager? why do you care what he's done? or why do you care what other people think of him?

People admiring Roy Keane upsets you? that sounds like a mental condition? I'm not trying to slag you but if I disliked someone because others liked him I'd have to look at my own mental stability to ask why?

I respect Roy Keane for what he did as a player and how he got there, for a guy who as a young kid had average skill with a ball and was not naturally talented to give up basically his life and feelings for anything except football to become one of the best players to have ever lived, that's MY opinion, then add to the fact he's Irish and as a kid I was thought to treasure anything that was green and half way good at anything!!

He chose united, and you got a second rate lack luster gerrard, that's not keane's fault and you must let that go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ntlbell wrote:
    He chose united, and you got a second rate lack luster gerrard, that's not keane's fault and you must let that go.
    You were doing quite wel up to there....

i He was an excellent player, granted, but perfection?! If he was perfection, wat was Zidane, God?!

There's a match you should watch, you might enjoy it. star's both players.

Not your kind of movie tho it might involve acceptance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Why didn't Keane name the players in question ?

In the report it says "There have been one or two examples that I have experienced as a manager here. I'm sure others have experienced it"

To me it seems like they are blowing this whole article out of proportion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

you are making me laugh, i'll give ya that!

PHB: That logic is flawed and you know it. How many times has a player who is not as good as another player performed better than them on a given day? Hundreds. When Gerrard was breaking onto the scene and he played against Keane, by Keanes own admission he was outplayed by Gerrard on the day, doesn't mean at the time he was a better player though.

Tauren-you're right about Newspaper headlines.

NTLbell - this is nothing to do with who Keane played for. I have no issues with Keane never having played for Liverpool. So let that go please.

Second rate lack luster Gerrard?! are you drunk by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Yea, I agree with that alright.

BUT
    Baines going to Everton with him being from Liverpool doesn't exactly sound like that to me.

Will ya stop going on about Baines ! Baines wanted to go to Everton as hes a local lad so thats a wholly different reason. Keane is talking about the "be seen" crew. I think Defoe is one of the lads in that group ;)

For example...

http://www.bossip.com/uploaded_images/mobo2-704878.jpg

ntlbell wrote:
    There's a match you should watch, you might enjoy it. star's both players.

Not your kind of movie tho it might involve acceptance.

I watched that game. Super match alright. Shame about the result :)

Second rate lack lustre Gerrard: there is a couple of matches you could probably do with watching if thats your opinion. Start with Istanbul Final and move onto The FA Cup Final.

I have no issues with acceptance. As i have started numerous times in this thread, Keane was an amazing player. Not as good as Zidane IMO, but excellent none the less.

NTLbell - this is nothing to do with who Keane played for. I have no issues with Keane never having played for Liverpool. So let that go please.

So if it's not because he played for united.

I assume it's not because he played for Ireland.

I also have to assume then you wouldn't dislike him because he's managing sunderland?

So I'm left wondering why? because he broke someones leg? because he doesn't like gurly men? because sometimes papers mis quote? why exactly?

• Advertisement

I dislike Keane because he was a filthy player and his attitude towards the Irish team was appalling.

I don't wanna get into that aspect of it, because its an argument that could go on forever.

You aren't by any chance Eammon Dunphy are ya?seriously

I watched that game. Super match alright. Shame about the result :)

Second rate lack lustre Gerrard: there is a couple of matches you could probably do with watching if thats your opinion. Start with Istanbul Final and move onto The FA Cup Final.
    you should tell him to ignore the entire first half in istabul, and everything after the 65th minute too.:p

not sure he did all that much bar hit a spectacular long ranger in the FA Cup final too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

he didnt play for Liverpool so..........

I dislike Keane because he was a filthy player and his attitude towards the Irish team was appalling.

I don't wanna get into that aspect of it, because its an argument that could go on forever.

You aren't by any chance Eammon Dunphy are ya?seriously

Hehe, Ah, so for nothing then bar he didn't play for the pool LOL.

Ok.

You don't like dirty footballers, how pink.

Tauren wrote:
    you should tell him to ignore the entire first half in istabul, and everything after the 65th minute too.:p

not sure he did all that much bar hit a spectacular long ranger in the FA Cup final too.

In Istanbul after the 65th minute he was PHENOMENAL playing mainly at right back.

He scored another goal in the FA cup final, and well as setting up a goal that was incorrectly disallowed for offside. He was immense in that game.

come on Tauren! sloppy ;)

ntlbell wrote:
    Hehe, Ah, so for nothing then bar he didn't play for the pool LOL.

Ok.

You don't like dirty footballers, how pink.
    why are you getting abusive over it?

Many people don't like players they percieve as dirty.

I have nothing but contempt for Ben Thatcher for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

it bloody seems like it is going to go on forever :o

In Istanbul after the 65th minute he was PHENOMENAL playing mainly at right back.

He scored another goal in the FA cup final, and well as setting up a goal that was incorrectly disallowed for offside. He was immense in that game.

come on Tauren! sloppy ;)
    to be honest i have tried to block out the FA Cup final, and i honestly thought that gerrard, overall, was fairly crap in the CL final - rubbish in the first half I didn't think he did all that much for the majority of the rest of it either, bar the opening 15 minutes of the second half.

If you were to watch the CL final to analyse a game changing performance akin to Keane vs Juventus in 99, then I would be keeping an eye on Didi Hamann, who is the player I honestly do feel allowed you to win that game in the end - Didi's performance in the game was phenomenal imo, far far better then Gerrards.

I'd probably agree with you in regards to Hamann, but i'd advise you watch the second half again, Gerrard was excellent in it. Really. Ya can borrow my DVD if ya want!? ;)

Whole Liverpool team was poor in the first half (mainly due to wat i would still class as the best 45minutes i've ever seen from a team).

But when he was needed, he was there, scored a great header, won the penalty. Then put in a solid great defensive performance, immense. And when it was needed (keane-like, see i'm the bigger man NTLbell ha ha)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

That's mad, a thread on the Soccer Forum that started off as having nothing to do with Manu or Liverpool descends into a "my team is better than your team" rant.......who'd of thunk it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Either way, Keano's happy with people discussing either him as a footballer or his comments about WAG's. The important thing is they aren't discussing how big this match is tonight. Birmingham put in a great performance against Chelsea but lost. If Sunderland beat them tonight they could have real trouble getting a run going. It's a huge huge match

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

when Sunderland get relegated having beaten their record of lowest number of points in a season, will all the JCLs go back to supportng Liverpool, Chelsea, Celtic.......?

yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

when Sunderland get relegated having beaten their record of lowest number of points in a season, will all the JCLs go back to supportng Liverpool, Chelsea, Celtic.......?
    Look mate, everyone knows it's our national duty to have Sunderland as our second team now. St. Niall and his Angels own the Club. The Pious Keano is the manager, and a half dozen Irish Nearly Men are among the players.

Sunderland have indeed surpassed Celtic and The Ireland Cricket team.

DesF wrote:
    Look mate, everyone knows it's our national duty to have Sunderland as our second team now. St. Niall and his Angels own the Club. The Pious Keano is the manager, and a half dozen Irish Nearly Men are among the players.

Sunderland have indeed surpassed Celtic and The Ireland Cricket team.

Another Liverpool fan, sigh.

There's huge difference between intrest in a club and following a club.

I'm interested in how keane gets on, I have no desire to sport a sunderland jersey or start making trips to newcastle and I think pretty much everyone else is the same.

Then there's a few liverpool fans.

There's nothing else to it.

There's two types of people annoyed at the whole sunderland saga from what I can see.

That's Liverpool fans and moronic LOI fans. (not all LOI fans, just the morons)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Real stink of sexism over what Keane has said and some of the comments here. Anyone who thinks that footballers wives choose where they want to live on shopping opportunities alone hasn't really thought on the matter. No man of any profession has the right to expect his family to move against their will just to further their career when there are other equally or almost as viable options available.

ntlbell wrote:
    Another Liverpool fan, sigh.
    How dare you.

DSB wrote:
    Real stink of sexism over what Keane has said and some of the comments here. Anyone who thinks that footballers wives choose where they want to live on shopping opportunities alone hasn't really thought on the matter. No man of any profession has the right to expect his family to move against their will just to further their career when there are other equally or almost as viable options available.

That's a very sensible well thought out post.

I don't know what it's doing in this thread tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Hahaha why is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

at a major risk of annoying over sensitive liverpool fans and getting slightly back on topic..

anyone see Miss Sunderland being interviewed on sky sports news earlier on the keano/wag topic?? car crash tv at its finest.. one of the funniest things ive seen on tv in a long long while...

Roar wrote:
    at a major risk of annoying over sensitive liverpool fans and getting slightly back on topic..

anyone see Miss Sunderland being interviewed on sky sports news earlier on the keano/wag topic?? car crash tv at its finest.. one of the funniest things ive seen on tv in a long long while...
    Come on Roar, you can't be talking about "Miss" Anywhere, and not provide some visuals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Keano vs The Wags?......I'm with Keano!

DesF wrote:
    Come on Roar, you can't be talking about "Miss" Anywhere, and not provide some visuals.

Something tells me a big borther contestent is involved and I'd prefer not to see her tbh!

Miss Sunderland?

In Big Brother?

Nadia?

DesF wrote:
    Miss Sunderland?

In Big Brother?

Nadia?

I can't recall her name, richardson's cousin LOL

nadia...:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

DesF wrote:

sorry sir

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=109761376

that's her myspace. might burn your retinas though

*edit this page is less retina burning

http://www.miss-england.co.uk/model/187.php

Roar wrote:
    sorry sir

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=109761376

that's her myspace. might burn your retinas though

*edit this page is less retina burning

http://www.miss-england.co.uk/model/187.php

Oh, the _real_ miss sunderland, thought you meant the honouray

ha ha ha Des, a Liverpool fan, definately the funniest thing I've heard all night!

Advertisement