Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet CPU Fan

Options
  • 15-08-2007 8:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Hi,

I've recently built my own computer and I've got an e6700 Core 2 Duo processor in it, but the fan I received with it I've noticed is very loud.

I'm just wondering can anyone recommend a cpu fan that I can get to replace it? I'm looking for a good fan for cooling but a quiet one.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

AirDemon wrote:
    Hi,

I've recently built my own computer and I've got an e6700 Core 2 Duo processor in it, but the fan I received with it I've noticed is very loud.

I'm just wondering can anyone recommend a cpu fan that I can get to replace it? I'm looking for a good fan for cooling but a quiet one.

Any suggestions?

Depends. Do you intend to do some overclocking?

If you are not really going to overclock: an Artic colling Freezer7 Pro is very quiet and very cheap: €24.99 in peats. It alos just clips in like the stock cooler so is very easy to fit also.

(Have it myself, does the job well) A Zalman CPNS9500/9700 is also meant to be a good quiet cooler.

If you really want to overclock you will need something hardcore such as a Tuniq Tower, Scythe Infinity or a Thermaltake Ultra 120 extreme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I second that. But if you get the TR ultra 120 extreme make sure you get a quiet fan like a akasa amber, or a scythe s-flex fan to go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭AirDemon

Where would I be able to get this? Would a maplin store have them at a decent price?

Also is this Tuniq Tower compatible with my mobo? I've got an EVGA nForce 680i LT SLI, Socket-775

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

yes the tuniq is compatible but you will have to run the fan in it at low speeds or buy a new fan(syth s-flex,amber,yate loon).

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭AirDemon

How would I slow the fan speed down? Would I need to do that inside the bios?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

IT depends, some bios's will do it. Other times you will have to use a fan controller, or some software based tool.

I infact have a scythe s-flex, noctua, akasa amber, and xilence 120mm fans sittin gon my desk right now. As soon as i get home i will best testing all 4 of them fans, and a ys-tech 125cfm fan on my TT ultra 120 extreme. Ill let you know which is the best.

Advertisement