Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Reliable Tide Charts

Options
  • 15-08-2007 8:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭

Lads, can anyone tell me what the most reliable tide charts are, i'm getting fluctuations of almost 3 hours between magicseaweed and EasyTide ? Surely that cant be right (Thats a check for saturday morning in Waterford in case anyone is wondering).

Thanks in advance.

Also can any waterford surfers tell me of the location of a spot refered to as "Perfect Wave" between Tramore and Killmurrin ? I have heard reference to it online and cant work out where it is ?

PS - Neon_Glows, board is working out fine, very happy with it, cheers man, been hitting Tramore very early on the Saturday mornings mostly since I got it, still going to take a lot of practice though :), cheers again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

Check out the Daylight Saving warning on Easytide, you have to add an hour to the default time stated, see the pulldown list in the top right. If you adjust it the 2 sites come closer.

Daylight Saving Warning: EasyTide predictions are based on the standard time of the country concerned. For the UK this is GMT and the daylight saving offset should be set to 1 hour to allow for British Summer time (from 01:00 am on Sunday 25th March 2007 until 02:00am on 28th October 2007).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I just use http://www.ireland.com/weather/tides.html. Of course it doesn't have exact times/hights for surf spots specifically but they more or less correspond to somewhere nearby, e.g. Lahinch times are the same as those for Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Check out the Daylight Saving warning on Easytide, you have to add an hour to the default time stated, see the pulldown list in the top right. If you adjust it the 2 sites come closer.

Daylight Saving Warning: EasyTide predictions are based on the standard time of the country concerned. For the UK this is GMT and the daylight saving offset should be set to 1 hour to allow for British Summer time (from 01:00 am on Sunday 25th March 2007 until 02:00am on 28th October 2007).

Whoops, never spotted that one there - cheers ! That explains a bit alright. :o

Anyone else have any other suggestions ?

Advertisement