Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

quick question engine numbers

Options
  • 15-08-2007 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

Hi got my VIN number off the silver plate beside the engine of my car no probs there is another number on it it has a few stars in it and a dot and it does start with an E . is this the engine number? sorry never came across this one :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I doubt it's the engine number. Usually the engine number is stamped onto the cylinder block somewhere. But the easiest place to find the engine number is on the vehicle licensing certificate.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

its an english car. im trying to apply for the the export document from the dvla and there looking for an engine number. ill have another look at the engine.
    cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

What make/model is the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

97 rover mini cooper -

just found this "Number is stamped or on a metal plate just beneath thermostat housing/temperature sender"

Advertisement