Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying runners online

• 15-08-2007 9:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭

Bought a pair of runners recently but will need another pair just before the marathon if i'm to change them at the 400k mark. So am going to buy some now and run the two pairs.

Rather than spend another €150 here, i see them online for ~ €105 delivered. I'm going to chance it. (www.roadrunnersports.com)

Question: Does anyone know the width fittings? I've never seen them over here and cannot see anything on my current pair that tells me what fitting they are.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Which trainers are they? I know new balance have different width fittings. If you go to the website of the brand surely you can get information on their fitting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭Peckham

fwedrest wrote:
    Bought a pair of runners recently but will need another pair just before the marathon if i'm to change them at the 400k mark. So am going to buy some now and run the two pairs.

Rather than spend another €150 here, i see them online for ~ €105 delivered. I'm going to chance it. (www.roadrunnersports.com)

Question: Does anyone know the width fittings? I've never seen them over here and cannot see anything on my current pair that tells me what fitting they are.

I bought a few things from this place recently. Whilst no problems with the company who were amazingly efficient in the ordering and delivery, a word of warning on duty/tax. When the delivery company arrived with the goods, I was also presented with a bill for 75 euro VAT and duty on my 210 euro purchases. This had the effect of wiping out the cost savings on buying from USA and making me feel bad for not supporting one of our local stores!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 clem

a friend (everyone has one) told me if you can get the company to mark the package "gift" you may be exempt from the customs charge

Advertisement