Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

switching insurance to a car you cant get a quote on

Options
  • 15-08-2007 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

I have a subaru imprreza, im thinking of swapping it on a skyline with a guy. I just rang to get a quote to change over to it, im insured with quinn direct. While in the past they would quote me on one now it comes up saying you have to be over 30. Though if i buy the car then they are obliged to cover me on it. Im wondering how much the difference will be, my policy runs out in the end of october so its only two and a half months but then when it somes to renewal im wondering what the story will be there. My insurance on the imreza which is a wrx should only be around 700 euro next year going on a qoute from the online system. Any one have any idea what i should expect it to be for the next couple months and for next year on the skyline?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

as far as i thought/understood your existing insurance company legally had to give you a quote, albeit crazily over priced etc in a case like this or if you had lost your license and were getting back on the road.
    but i may be wrong:o

Advertisement