Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Happy thread

Options
  • 15-08-2007 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭

Are you happy with your results? Is your ego suitably massaged? Do you have surplus points aplenty?

Then post here and bask in the glow of success! This is your day! PARTAY!

ALso 540 points here! 200 more than I need and Im bloody ecstatic! All done w/o grinds. Cheap education FTW :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

200:eek: That study you put in looks almost wasted by that!!:D

An A2 in English, never ever expected that!! Fúck you, English teacher!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Are you happy with your results? Is your ego suitably massaged? Do you have surplus points aplenty?

Then post here and bask in the glow of success! This is your day! PARTAY!

ALso 540 points here! 200 more than I need and Im bloody ecstatic! All done w/o grinds. Cheap education FTW :p

200 more than you need? You tried too hard, now I want you to think of all those hours you wasted studying when you didn't need to and realise how much time you have wasted away when you could have been enjoying life.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

600 points, TAKEN!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED...!!!

Must be the happiest man in Ireland.

My story: Started out in 5th year as a mega-nerd, was hoping for 550~.. But as 5th year wore on I got real lazy and stopped working. One of my classmates died early in 6th year so that knocked me back too.. Did very little this year, and was afraid of not getting my 300 points for my course... It was very touch and go..

GOT 450! OWNAGE!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

I didnt actually study too much and a lot of that was done at work. Ima petrol pump fella and at the weekend its only me so I spent the time not filling cars studying. Not much else to do tbh. Also my ego needs massaging :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Did literally fcuk all for most of the two years, worked hard in the few weeks coming up to the leaving cert and i got 405 points, delighted!!! :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Taekwon-joe

Did literally fcuk all for most of the two years, worked hard in the few weeks coming up to the leaving cert and i got 405 points, delighted!!! :D:D:D:D
    High five to that!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

High five to that!!!!

Join the club!!! Wasters FTW.. I worked in Tesco from April onwards too muaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

got 545 with grinds only in my 7th subject. Yay.

There should probably be a commiserations thread! Oh well!

/me partys like its 1999! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭cheater

Cheated and got 480 hahahaha

Nah only joking I didn't cheat, but the 480 part is true :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Was hoping for 455....

Am now bawling my eyes out in shock got 535!!

Yay!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

330, got an A1 in English which was good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

No grinds in anything. Got 565 needed 395. 170 surplus. Happy indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

200 more than you need? You tried too hard, now I want you to think of all those hours you wasted studying when you didn't need to and realise how much time you have wasted away when you could have been enjoying life.
    lol, begrudgery.

I had a 215 point surplus myself. Needed 355, got 570. I also think I drank more and went out more last year than I ever have in my life.

I'm very happy indeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Once people are happy with their ridiculous surpluses, that's the main thing:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

I needed 390 got 455. I'm a little unhappy that I got a C3 in English.

Once people are happy with their ridiculous surpluses, that's the main thing:)

I'll drink to that!

(The surpluses are handy if oyu want to switch courses though, there's a small chance I might want to switch to something like pharmacy in my second year, for example. I probably won't, but it's nice to have that cushion to fall back on)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 moggins

needed 300 got 375 ****in delighted!!!
    got a c3 in english which i was full sure i had failed cause i messed up sumtin shockin!!

oh and was on solphadien for the whole of the exams. had an appendcile mass the size of a football...
    me very happy!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

JC 2K3 wrote:
    I'll drink to that!

(The surpluses are handy if oyu want to switch courses though, there's a small chance I might want to switch to something like pharmacy in my second year, for example. I probably won't, but it's nice to have that cushion to fall back on)

If you switch in second year, would your application not be based on your exams from college and not the LC/CAO process?

• Advertisement

JC 2K3 wrote:
    lol, begrudgery.

I had a 215 point surplus myself. Needed 355, got 570. I also think I drank more and went out more last year than I ever have in my life.

I'm very happy indeed :)

Its not begrudgery. I have just always found it hard to understand when people who study there ass off and "kill" themseleves only to end up acheiving alot more points than they need. When they could have relaxed and enjoyed there last year in school more and still ended up with the same result(college course not points). If you managed to enjoy your last year, without "killing" yourself and still got more than you needed fair play.

Naikon wrote:
    If you switch in second year, would your application not be based on your exams from college and not the LC/CAO process?
    Don't think so. I think they only count college exams if you haven't the required CAO points and you're in something like science and wnat to get into say medecine.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Really happy with mine!

515. Needed 545 for psych in trinity but maynooth or ucd will do me fine for 500 :p Was never expecting to get the 545 since I didn't put in the work. Bit dissapointed in one or two things that I thought could've gone better... But oh well!! I don't have to repeat! I'm so happy! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 toastomatic

I thought i got 320 or 330.......i got 400! i never imagined it was possible!!! nearly died when i took the page out and saw all the bs!!

going to do a plc in graphic design :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jackjack555

600 man!!!!!! cant believe it im ecstatic no grinds, leeson st etc. wooooooooooohooooooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭KarmaCreep

I got 430. Eventhough i was going for 510, i couldn't give a toss. Got an A2 in Irish and B2 in English. I'M FCUKIN ECSTATIC. Group Hug?!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

There's a happy thread on the board? COUNT ME IN!!!
    540 points has me rightly ecstatic. *does happy dance*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Feeling happy. Spread the happiness :D:):D. Should get my course.

So do we bring alcohol into this thread yet !? :p

• Advertisement

So do we bring alcohol into this thread yet !? :p

Shouldn't you all be half locked by now and not at home on boards.

Advertisement