Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

connecting PC to Pannasonic Plasma over VGA

• 15-08-2007 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

I've been hooking up my PC to my Panny for quite a while.. haven't done so in the last month or so..but i've been trying to hook it up again and the screen just goes blank when Windows tries to load the desktop So i can see the Dell loading screen, then the Windows loading, but when it comes time to load the desktop the screen goes blank. I can still hear the windows chime but nothing comes on screen.

If i start the PC in safe mode i can load the desktop.. but thats it..

Any ideas anyone? I'm thinking it must be something to do with resolutions or refresh rates...but i've tried a few different ones and nothing yet.

Cheers in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Have you tried setting res to 1024x768 @ 60Hz refresh? This is probably the default for the plasma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

found the problem.. my PC wasn't keeping the new resolution and refresh rate after a restart. So it was reverting to 1280x1024 which isn't compatible with the Panny

Advertisement